1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Favourite Celtic Player

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by larsson97_04, Aug 21, 2004.

Discuss Your Favourite Celtic Player in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    For me, he is the ideal right back against the Huns. If Lovenkrands maintains the left midfield position then he'll be up against Agathe and I cant think of any Celtic players except Didi who could catch the *. I agree he isnt too good when it comes to the final ball but perhaps with a bit of work he could become a top player.

2. BhoysMad

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Thompson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I know what you mean about him not being the finished article. He's a lot like your namesake (!) in that respect when Bobo first joined Celtic. He was a bit rough round the edges was Bobo to begin with and could be too reckless, diving in for challenges, etc. However, now he is an accomplished defender. I agree with the sentiments expressed regarding Didier in games against Rangers. He should terrorize them down the wing but seems to back off from doing so which I find strange. It's almost like he lets the occasion of an Old Firm game get the better of him. I do remember, however, back in the early eighties a certain wing terrier named Davie Provan going through a terrible time where he seemed completely lacking in confidence. I used to be a resident Jungle-ite and you could tell he was almost scared of going down the wing not thinking he could take the full back he was up against. I think it was around the time he had taken some rough treatment form that man mountain Doug Rougvie when we played Aberdeen (that was when Fergie was in charge and they had an excellent team: how time has changed since!). Perhaps it might be a confidence thing with Agathe. I know Davie Provan thinks Didier's crosses are too often not good enough considering the lead up work he often does when he does race down the wing. One thing is for sure: Didier's pace is frightening!

Mark

3. Dubsbhoy Banned!

backed up what i said today with two well timed sliding tackles in the box on purseo when he was clean through on goal.

4. larsson97_04

Fav Celtic Player:
    Maloney, JVOH
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Aye that was a very good tackle

5. McBhoy

It has to be Sutty for me, the
    man's just so versatile.

Hail Hail.

6. Celtic_Babe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Lennon for me, he is one of the best midfielders in the country!!

He just does the simplest things that the team benefit from, breaking up the other teams player, he very rarely gives away the ball, always making crucial tackles, the guy is class, I just can't see why he gets so much stick!!

We will miss him aswell when he leaves

7. belfastbhoy1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    wille mailey
    has to be petrov the guys a class act