1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Decisions against us in hun games

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Greenman, Feb 4, 2019.

Discuss Decisions against us in hun games in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Greenman King of kings

Since this whole refereeing thing has come up again it's got me thinking about the decisions that have gone against us in games vs them (oldco and newco) over the years. I'm not talking about marginal offsides or close calls but decisions that blatantly should've gone our way but didn't. Here's what I've came up with off the top of my head stretching back to the time TB was manager...

96/97: Di Canio gets taken out in the box, clear penalty, nothing given.
    The infamous Cadete offside goal.

99/00: Mahe sent off by that fud Dallas and Dallas later giving the huns a penalty in the same game for no reason.

02/03: League cup final Hartson scores to make it 2-2 but is ruled out for offside even though he's about 2 yards on

Can't remember the exact season but around this time Barry Ferguson blocked a shot in the box with 2 hands out, ref saw it and gave * all. Another time at Ibrox Mahe is through on goal and is taken out by Kanchelskis who gets nothing on the ball and yet again nothings given

06/07: Lenny clearly tripped while in the box at Ibrox which if we scored the penalty would've put us 2-0 up, ended up a 1-1 draw

09/10: The 1st game against them that season we're denied 2 stonewall penalties while 2 of their players escape being red carded, Weir and Novo I think. At the next game Fortune has a perfectly good goal disallowed for no reason. At the next one Brown is sent off for tugging Lafferty's shirt (even though they're both at it) while Bougherra is booked early in the game for a bad tackle he goes on to do the exact same thing 3/4 more times and doesn't get a 2nd yellow.

10/11: Hun player dives in the box while gollum has his back turned, never a pen but it's given anyway

16/17: Erik has a perfectly legit goal ruled out at Hampden. The next game at Ibrox Sinclair is twice through on goal at 1-0 but is ruled offside even though he's well on. The 1-1 game at CP we're not given a stonewall penalty while they should've had about 4 guys sent off. At Hampden in the cup semi Halliday at full speed takes out Roberts, possible career ender and no attempt to play the ball, only gets a yellow.

18/19: McGregor stamps on Ajer and gets away with it as the SFA also decide to take no action. Morelos at the last game gets away with a boot in the baws, a grab of the baws and a stamp while again the SFA take no action under the laughable excuse "the ref saw it"

I'm certain there's quite a few more. Also if anyone knows of any the huns should've got but didn't then feel free to post them, I can't think of any at all.

Lilac Wine and KRS-1888 like this.
  2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Griffiths brought down in box last minute 1-1 at CP - no penalty

Huns should have had a throw in - 1989 Cup Final

3. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    In Mowbrays season and Lennon’s first season it was particularly bad IMO, I remember pretty much any game we played against them those seasons they were getting away with horror challenges left right and centre. Lafferty’s assault on Hinkel, Bougherra dragging his studs right down Hoopers calf, davie weir stamping on anything that moves etc

Edited to add that Davie weir is the definition of a dirty hun *

Artorias likes this.
  4. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Not to mention the 2-2 game at Ibrox Naismith dived for a penalty which meant an unjust red card for Forster too, el hadji diouf and Bougherra manhandling the referee trying to stop him doing his job and I think they got a small fine each and nothing else

Lilac Wine and The Greenman like this.
  5. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Mahe was hacked down in the box at the Klan's hovel in 99.

Most stonewall penalty you're ever likely to see.... ref gave a corner.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  6. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    Aye Kanchelskis took him out. Think McCluskey was the ref, was as shocking as a decision as Cadete goal.

The IRA likes this.
  7. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    11/12: During the new year 1-0 game at CP Hooper is through on goal and is wrongly called offside after being a mile on, considering how good Hooper was at 1 on 1's very likely would hace been 2-0.

The IRA likes this.
  8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    That Lenny one there’s a video kicking about of the referee saying Neil Lennon would never have got a penalty at Ibrox. They after cicuit ones.

Lilac Wine and The IRA like this.
  9. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    There was one game Bougherra made like 20 fouls and never got a yellow...

Liam Scales likes this.
  10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Naw, he got a yellow after 5 minutes. Then proceeded to commit double figures of fouls thereafter, many of them worthy of a yellow card. Wiped out Robbie Keane at one point and winked over to the bench.

None other than 'Dougie, Dougie' on the whistle.

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sure he had 11 fouls on Robbie Keane alone after his booking.

12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Sounds like incompetence. I suppose some go for you and some against you :87:

Doogs. and Liam Scales like this.
  13. The Greenman King of kings

Aye, he committed quite a few more bad ones like the one he was originally booked for along with a ton of more minor ones. Out of all the examples that one's the most blatant, especially since Broony was then given a straight red because him and Lafferty were tugging each others shirt. Absolutely no chance that was just human error.

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    69239B1C-18D9-475A-AF67-19BDC1479BD3.jpeg

No foul, no cards.

15. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Fortunes disallowed goal in the Mowbray season when we utterly pummelled them in one of the most one sided games ever and they scored with their only shot, Thompson being sent off at Ibrox after going nose to nose with Lovenkrands.

The video below shows some of the more blatant denied penalties, Sutton's reaction to the Ferguson handball says it all really.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Yet this was deemed a red card offence in the 2012 game when we could've won the league at Ibrox. Our 2nd of the game...

Wanyama.JPG

17. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    To this day I am flabbergasted about this one.

What on Earth did he think he was doing?! Beyond belief.

Lilac Wine and Liam Scales like this.
  18. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    As far as im concerned Beaton (i think) missed or didnt give the roberts penalty in the 5-1 ibrox game. Took him ages to decide even with the linesman telling him it was
    a clear penalty.

19. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Hooper clean through 1 on 1 in the 1-0 ledley game at 0-0, ruled offside but a mile on.

20. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    It's mental how many decisions have went against us, the only one I can think of that went for us off the top off my head is 1-0 game that Ledley scored they probably had the ball over the line in the first half, but even then it evened out cause Hooper was through on goal and he got flagged for an offside . The refs are cheating *.

Lilac Wine likes this.