1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

January Transfer window

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by straighttalker, Nov 22, 2017.

Discuss January Transfer window in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I think they’ll have use for him regardless personally.

He can play in the Premiership no problem.

2. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    If we'd signed the players we'd loaned, if be exastic. Go I guess I'm happy, on a six month loan

3. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I agree, but they might not see it that way considering he hasn't had a look in for them this season despite the fact they're using Robson-Kanu and Phillips on the wings, and both are worse than burke.

4. clonbhoy

Still only one centre-back at the level required, and he is injured and on loan. I like Ajer, think he will be a fantastic player, but him and the gutless * up against Valencia feels like conceding defeat.

5. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Glad we finally got a right back sorted the loans will help us going towards the title would have liked one permanent cb but this will do for now, that being said the summer will be an absolutely massive window for us considering the likely departures.

6. Keano88

Yep a lot of work to do in the summer.

Boyata will be looking to * himself out though so hopefully he plays a blinder.

7. Samurai Bhoy

Not a bad window at all.

In:
    1) Weah - (6 month loan, but I feel we might be able to get extended to an 18 month deal, looks a quality player)

2) Burke - (6 month deal, unlikely to extend but he’s looked decent so far, and hopefully Arzani will be fit soon to replace him when he leaves)

3) Bayo - (Permanent, looks like he’ll score goals here, hopefully can prove to be a good buy)

4) Toljan - (6 month loan is not ideal, but he looks like the kinda quality that will instantly improve our first team. Hopefully an option to buy or at least extend the loan)

5) Shved - (permanent, loaned back for rest of the season, looks genuine quality, I reckon if he can adapt to life in Scotland he could turn out to be a star, really excited about this one)

6) Perez - (permanent, loaned back out, don’t know anything about him tbh, but definitely one for the future and a low risk investment, good marketing value too if he comes good)

7) Gutman - (same as Perez, a little less confident in this guy, mainly cuz of his age, hope to be proven wrong though)

Would have been ideal to get a CB in too but we have decent cover there for the time being. Really need to sign 2 quality CBS in summer now though, and early in the window too.

Out:
    Morgan - (loan)
    Mulumbu - (loan)
    Miller - (loan)

Have I missed out on any outgoing players??

Would have liked to offload Allan, Hendry, Gamboa, Hayes and Commper too.

Marty McFly likes this.
  8. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I don't think it was abysmal, but the fact we are going to be back to square 1 in the summer, when we lose all the loanees plus another CB, does take the shine off it.

Xatraps and McChiellini.. like this.
  9. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I think it says a lot about our CBs that I can't actually work out which one you are talking about.

10. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Really confused as to why people are saying that the "summer is gonna be a massive window" et al.

Exactly the same thing we all said about this window LAST summer, and the same thing we all said about LAST summer LAST january.

One of two things has happened here. Either BR is leaving at the end of the season and the board didnt want any REAL investment being made à la hendry/ compper without prior proof of success like eddy...

Or...

This is the biggest and most flagrant exercise in masichism made by a board determined to fill its pockets and treat supporters with utter contempt.

Either way theres zero chance of us seeing CL football next year.

HH88, freitassen and bhoy81 like this.
  11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Very happy overall with the business done in this window. Strengthened in areas we needed to strengthen in and got some problem positions sorted. Feeling really positive about the rest of the season now.

12. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Hope the recruitment team are busting a gut identifying targets for the summer. Teams getting old and needs a bit of an overhaul especially at the back. No excuses, they know what's needed now time to earn yer wages!

13. wulliebad

if our loans leave in the summer and boyata * off then we could be deep in the *....maybe losing 5 players out of the team......we struggle to sign a single player when we need them never mind replacing 5.:31:

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  14. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Im usually a bit of a pessimist but this window might not turn out too bad.

If weah and toljan work out, and their loans can be extended, coupled with the arrivals of bayo and shved(who does look like a touch of quality)in the summer then we could be looking at only adding a couple of CBs in the next window.

I know that's not ideal and we really should have added at least one this window. However, if we could get one tied up on a pre between now and the end of the season then we could only be chasing one before the next window closes.

I was a bit cheesed,initially, at the amount of short term loans but on reflection the bulk of business done this window,across the spectrum, does seem to be of this nature.

Burke , I'm not convinced on and the 2 American lads are a "let's wait and see". The rest of business conducted looks pretty decent though. If the 2 mentioned could be extended then it could, in time, turn out to be the best window of Rodgers reign since the first one.

15. scootz

I’m genuinely astonished that we have made all these signings, but there’s not a single CB amongst them.

Playing the patient pressing game is all well and good if you have a trusted back line - it’s Russian * Roulette without one though!

I’m pretty * off.

LectersLuncheon and JC Anton like this.
  16. john2061

All these loan signings mean one thing Brendan wont be here next season.

17. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    2 CB leaving in the summer fills me wi fear, and not one signed!!!

18. clonbhoy

He is incapable. He is worse when he tries.

19. Samurai Bhoy

So next summer we’ll need in o
    We have decent strength in depth for midfield and up front, but we have a seriously bloated squad.
    It’s crazy to think that on top of the 33 players you’ve mentioned, we still have Gamboa, Mulumbu, Perez, Gutman, Allan, Commper and Shved on the books.

That’s 40 players!
    I know some are development players but there are about 12 to 15 “first team players who could be cut without effecting our match day squad in the slightest.

I think we had a decent January window but summer has to be as much about getting rid of the deadwood as it is about replacing Boyata and Benkovic.

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Mediocre window..

Yes, we've strengthened in attack and showed some foresight for the future in that department. Great.

However to negligently not bring in one quality CB or at least get one signed on a pre-contract is unacceptable. Hopefully KTs injury isn't too bad either or we're * at LB this season never mind next.

Hopefully will have made some inroads with some permanent defensive replacements in this window tho.. and we get our business done swiftly in the Summer.. CB x 2, RB and LB..sound familiar aye?

The quality and pedigree of the loanees is excellent though.

So aye mediocre.

Xatraps and Seán Mac D like this.