1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

January Transfer window

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by straighttalker, Nov 22, 2017.

Discuss January Transfer window in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Lots of work to be done before now and Thursday..

If we don’t get what we need we need change at our club..

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The fact that it’s the 27th and we still haven’t signed a defender is worrying.

Hard to see a right back coming in now, unless it’s a last minute loan.

3. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Got to the point where it's time to properly worry. We don't even have Ralston fit atm so it's lustig for the next month, which is a joke. Going into the summer needing a whole new defence is unbelievably stupid.

HH88 likes this.
  4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    4 days left.......................................................plenty of time.

:fear:

5. oldpat

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Shved sounds a done deal,Bayo permanent deal..Burke will leave in the summer after his loan but can see us getting Weah on loan for the full season next season..Wondering what the situation is regarding the Polish RB? Personally think we have no interest in him,just papertalk

6. Eastend boy

This window,same as the last window,same as the last window before that,we all can see what’s required for the team,and if we can see it surely the management team can see that also,but that’s what we thought for the past few windows and nothing has been done to address what we all know, we need cover in defence,more so this time as come the summer regardless if we’ve got champions league qualifiers the mainstay of our defence will not be here.
    I don’t like to think the board are playing us supporters,ie taking us for a ride,or they are that incompetent but seeing the way it’s went over the past couple of transfer windows,i don’t know,maybe it is one of those options.
    I really don’t have faith in Lawell and the board backing the manager to the extent that they are prepared to rebuild the team in the summer when players will be away and out of contract ,which if I’ve read correctly there are a few both away and out of contract.
    I don’t know what the answer is,all i do know is as a supporter it feels as if the board are quite happy to fleece us at every turn and scrimp and scrape in basement bargain buckets,I’m not expecting them to blow loads of money on players but at the same time as a paying customer i expect better than what has happened in previous seasons,keeping us just ahead of the chasing pack.
    I would really love us to kick on to the next level where we can put to bed any challenge in Scotland and step it up in Europe,given our finances we should be able to both,we really should be more dominant in Scotland,people saying that would be boring in our league if we ran over the top of everyone else with ease,i really don’t care,i want my team to be the strongest team,but the board don’t seem to think that way,as long as the bank balance is healthy and their bonuses are paid then the playing squad is deemed as adequate which is ludicrous considering our actual business is playing football.

apevrak likes this.
  7. Keano88

At least we’re still trying, apparently :fear:

7DECE1B0-34ED-41FC-89E5-6465A271D6ED.jpeg

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    That auld chestnut.................................we tried really hard but .................:blahblah1

Murph-E, Random Review and Sentinel like this.
  9. Keano88

But....

Our scouts have only managed to identify RB’s who cost £10m, £8m and now £5m, since this time last year..

10. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I don't know about yous, but I think we'll only sign someone if it strengthens the team. Just a hunch.

11. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Sleepwalking into the summer euro qualifiers... 9/10 July first round first leg
    Including Hazard on loan & Henderson whos just broken into the squad, I make it 38 players. 38!! Yet the squad needs so much work.
    It's so frustrating to watch from the outside with the complete lack of transparancy.
    Can more not be done to move players on, we seem to be as lackadaisical with our outgoing as we appear to be with our incoming. Why haven't Hendry, Miller, Benyu, Morgan left on loan? Why haven't Allen, Compper & Mulumbu (if he has been frozen out) just paid off, we're not going to get anything for them. Is there any point in continuing the Arzani loan. Is Brown staying.
    De Vries, Izzy, Lustig, Boyata, Gamboa, Burke, Weah & Benkovic gone in the summer still leaves us bloated in certain areas & lacking in others.

12. Keano88

Can you play RB?

13. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Our signing policy is limited to attacking midfielders and wingers.

Besides, I'm not black or French so I've no chance.

14. apevrak

As of now we're looking at entering the CL qualifiers with Ajer, Simunovic, Hendry and Compper at CB. Ralston at RB. Tierney and Miller at LB. It is painfully obvious for everyone that a defence like that won't go far in a CL qualifier, probably not through to the EL group stages either. EL group stages should be absolute minimum for this club to reach after all the restructuring in the European tournaments. I get that the people at the club needs to budget for us to not reach CL as often as before, since UEFA clearly doesn't want Celtic or other clubs from smaller leagues among the mega clubs, but come on to *. We are in dire straits next season if we don't have two quality defenders signed by Friday. If that's not happening heads in the recruitment department should roll.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  15. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Love how some think we can't find a better right back than the likes of Lustig and Ralston for under 5 million. Lee Congerton and his scouting team have had 2 years to sort it out and the best he could do was Gamboa- who Rodgers didn't seem to want in the first place. Castagne was class v Roma at left midfield and even got a goal, so at least our scouts can find some decent players but it's pretty silly considering the guy is going to cost at least 9-10m. If we don't bring in a right back this window then for me it's a fail, bringing in 6 month loan players doesn't hide that.

16. Jeremie Frimpong

Why are we targeting right-backs in the £5m to £10m bracket then?

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

RB in by Thursday.

There is 1000 excuses for it not to happen but no reasons.

18. scotsbhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Never walk alone
    The search for a RB will come to a screeching halt when Lawell realises defenderss cost money.

19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If it's a young RB with sell on value, I have absolutely no problem with us targeting RB's in that bracket. I actually think we should be.

However, we should also have back up options for if we don't succeed.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  20. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Our recruitment team basically just want to sign guys who will makes us profit. Never mind the fact we’ve got about 6 defenders between 4 positions, just sign wingers, wingers and more wingers.