1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Why bring his Nationality into this.

cas79, The IRA and Murph-E like this.
  2. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

strange comment? ^^^

Has anyone compared him to Jock? Has he claimed to be? Is that a level he needs to attain?

Random Review likes this.
  3. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

I feel for Lenny here, big time. This is a classic case of the snowflake generation getting there own way again. Complaining to directors because they don't like the way there manager, there boss spoke to them or treated them, whilst they are not even doing there own jobs properly and getting results.

Problem is simply this, Lennon comes from a generation (and manager) where if his performances was not to standard he would be told on no uncertain terms it's not good enough and Lenny knows he has to respect his manager, his boss. Lenny expects the same respect but unfortunately we live in a generation where everyone is offended by all kinds of small things and apparently everyone has a say too. He has probably given that hibs team a justified roasting and they have all spat there dummies out! Backing of the manager should be Paramount importance to hibs. And they'll kick themselves when they get a manager that operates on much lower standards than Lenny.

4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Suspending a manager is very strange. Either let him do his job or let him go.

Appreciate all he done here but I’ve seen people say they’d take him back if Brendan left. Just don’t see that being an option.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  5. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    His big problem this season was his 2 best players McGinn and Allan left and now Ambrose offski. They helped Carry a mediocre team. Relevant replacements never brought in, not often are for teams at their level.
    I do think Celtic never gave them Allan because of McGinn. A force saying, sell players to us or we loan to other teams.

6. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I thought Lenny had a very good working relationship with the hibs boards and Leeann Dempster, so this seems a strange one. Although the results this season havent been good overall so that's not helped.

Not everyone can be fortunate enough to be Scottish so I wouldn't hold that against him :50:

7. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    the problem at hibs is there is only one winner in the dressing room. and the stupid * have just gone and suspended the man :56:

i was really hoping hibs would of pushed on the remainder of the season and got up the table. doubtful if they send lenny packing.

anyways * hibs. all the best to neil lennon whatever the outcome :notworthy

8. Murph-E

Love him. Do I think he's a superb manager? Not really. Do I think he'd do great at Celtic again? Yeah. Like Zidane at Real Madrid- he's no great football manager, yet lead them to multiple Champions League trophies. When the combination is right, it just works.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  9. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    I think Lennon's clearly a good manager.

Massive success at Celtic in his 1st ever job - getting to the last 16 is a bigger achievement than the double treble tbh.
    At Bolton went to a basket case of a * club 160+ million in debt when they were rock bottom of the league and miraculously saved them from relegation. 2nd season admin hit and he couldn't rescue them again so left.

At Hibs undeniable major success. Took perennial underachievers and bottlers back to the Premiership easily 1st time of asking, played the best football in Scotland behind Celtic and punched above their weight 1st season back considering they're worse and poorer than Celtic, Huns, Aberdeen and Hearts.

I doubt he'd be successful outside Britain but it would be good to see him get a job with an actual budget. All 3 of his clubs have either been dead broke or tight * *.

freitassen likes this.
  10. Darnok

Heard he was fighting with Kamberi and arguing with Dempster. Heard from someone who knows Ryan Gauld.

11. sabzz1888

Feel sorry for the Lenny, He deserves better than what he has got at all the clubs he has managed including us.

Part of some of the best memories I have of our team on the pitch.

Certainly wouldn't like to see him in charge of us again though...too much baggage and sectarian hatred pish he and us deserve better and I hope he goes on to be truly successful elsewhere.

Far too good for Scottish teams outside us that's for sure.

12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Last 16 is a better achievement than a never been done in the history of this club double treble? * off.

13. scootz

This is a very 'fitba' POV.

In any other line of work (except perhaps for the Army), you'd be shown the door for (allegedly!) squaring up to a colleague because he didn't do his job to the standard you expected... and then (allegedly!) argued the toss with your Boss when you were pulled up about it.

I don't think it has anything to do with being a 'snowflake' - I think fitba has to stop pretending that it inhabits an untouchable universe, grow-up, and drag itself into the modern world! It's a * job in the entertainment industry - that's it.

If my Boss pulled me up at work for a perceived wrong, then I'd have a think about what I did - is he right and could I have done it better, or is he wrong? And depending on what I thought, I'd either counter with an acknowledgement that I should have done better like an *, or I'd defend my original decision making like a *. If he then squared-up to me because he didn't like the fact that I didn't agree with him, then I'd have 2 choices - chin the * for being a *, or bite my lip and report his behaviour to someone further up the Managerial food-chain. Truth be told, it would probably be the latter - because I am a grown up!

No one gets my automatic respect - and certainly no one gets it just for being my Gaffer!

And that's if my Boss's initial approach was calm and respectful. If he started from the off like a bull in a china shop (irrespective of rights and wrongs), then he's going to be told to * right off, and only come back after he's taken his anti-* pills!

Anyway - this is all entirely hypothetical - we have no idea what happened. It could be that the player goaded Lenny and he responded in kind? Lenny could be the aggrieved party - he might not. We'll find out soon enough I guess. My thoughts purely relate to the way that some seem think that fitba Managers can be excused for acting like Marine Gunnery Sergeant Hartman!

freitassen likes this.
  14. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    If Brendan goes in the summer it will be him or Clarke, I would have Lennon back no problem but would he take it after the way he left.

Murph-E and Grace like this.
  15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    If Brendan were to leave i can't see any way that Lenny would return, don't think it would be good for him or us tbh.

clonbhoy likes this.
  16. Grace

Whatever happens next I hope he makes his own well being and health his priority. He's went through a lot in the past few months, again.

17. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

If we are comparing this to normal life I can tell you from personal experience we do live in a snowflake generation. When I was a sales advisor I may have disagreed with how my manager wanted to work but I wouldn't voice it because you have to recognise that's how your gaffer wishes to approach these tasks. The manager is typically the more qualified and experienced individual to make important decisions for progression. When the team isn't doing what the manager is asking and is under performing as a result that comes down to the team. If the manager vents his frustrations because it isn't being approached how he or she likes I think they have every right to do so. It works both ways, if the team is approaching it the way the manager asks and the team is still failing, then that responsibility lies with the manager. Has he got a right to call out individuals that are not up to standard - absolutely. Has he got a right to get more frustrated the more he is ignored - absolutely. Does a man of Lenny's standing in football and general qualifications for the role demand respect absolutely. Should players be entitled to whinge because they don't like the way they have been spoken, maybe if they are getting the job done, but if they are failing (which hibs are) and not taking on board the advice a manager is giving then no, they don't have a leg to stand on imo. And this idea a failing team thinks they have the right to some kind of mutiny or they are that precious they cannot take a telling, then yes, snowflake is 100% the right description

18. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Yes

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Your wrong. We've won the full thing, we've hit the last 16 more than once. We have never won a double treble before.

20. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Nonsense.