1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Many Saints of Newark (Soprano's Prequel)

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Bonobhoy, Jan 25, 2019.

Discuss The Many Saints of Newark (Soprano's Prequel) in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bonobhoy

Thought i'd set up a thread about this.

The Soprano's Prequel is in pre production,starring James Gandolfini's Son Michael.

Named, The Many Saints Of Newark.

Set in the 60's and will feature some of the cast maybe playing other characters in makeup.

The guy looks the spitting image of his dad,and hopefully can live up to his acting ability in this show,lot of pressure here on him,especially since he aint been in anything really at all.

Anyways, any info/pics etc post in here for all the big Soprano's fans.

[​IMG]

2. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

8C8F2B7C-6B23-434F-B81A-AD19950F27C7.jpeg

It's confirmed. Michael Gandolfini will star in The Many Saints of Newark, a prequel to the hit HBO TV series The Sopranos.

According to Deadline, Michael will portray a younger version of Tony Soprano, the fictional crime boss originally played by his late father, James Gandolfini.

"It’s a profound honor to continue my dad’s legacy while stepping into the shoes of a young Tony Soprano," Gandolfini said in a statement to Deadline. "I'm thrilled that I'm going to have the opportunity to work with David Chase and the incredible company of talent he has assembled for The Many Saints of Newark."

The outlet reports Michael nabbed the role following an "extensive audition process." The team behind the film ultimately chose the 19-year-old actor because of "his screen presence, mastery of Tony's mannerisms," and, of course, his resemblance to the iconic anti-hero. Michael joins a cast that includes Alessandro Nivola, Jon Bernthal, Vera Farmiga, Billy Magnussen, and Corey Stoll.

Many Saints will be set during the Newark race riots of the 1960s, and will focus on Tony's mentor Dickie Moltisanti (Nivola). The film will be directed by Alan Taylor, with a script by Sopranos creator David Chase and series writer Lawrence Konner. Nicole Lambert and Marcus Viscidi have signed on to executive produce.

James Gandolfini played the * Tony throughout The Sopranos' eight-year run. He went on to win multiple awards for the role, including a Golden Globe and multiple Emmys. The actor died unexpectedly in 2013 at the age of 51.

3. clonbhoy

For * sake! Nothing is sacred, is it? Should leave well alone!

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Never realised Jon Bernthal and Vera Farmiga were part of the cast. Lovely stuff.

5. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    High standard to live up to but can’t wait to see it.