1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Plane vanishes over the Channel

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by adios, Jan 22, 2019.

Discuss Plane vanishes over the Channel in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

If something is funny, it’s funny. That’s my view anyway. I’ve laughed at some things in here, making light of * situations is important.

But sometimes it’s just disrespectful and I feel that’s what your post is. And I don’t mean towards Cardiff fans. They aren’t the victims here.

2. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    News has just reported they could be in a life raft as they believe the plane landed on the water. Much doubt it myself but hope so.

Marie likes this.
  3. Grace

Can't stop thinking about this. Highly unlikely there will be any good news now, but keeping them in my thoughts.

4. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Don't agree with the highlighted part Cider - as a passenger I place my trust in those flying the plane/allowing it to be flown to ensure that it is safe to do so or as reasonably safe as possible to do so.
    A passenger using common sense would be limited to seeing that the plane had a massive hole in it not what the weather conditions are like X amount of thousands of feet up and X amount of miles away.

If I used my common sense, in the extreme, I would question even thinking about sitting in an oversized coke can with wings on it in the first place tbf.

Seán Mac D and Marie like this.
  5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    How do you stand with the Chinook helicopter crash in Mull of Kintyre in 1994? All 29 died aboard an RAF chinook with 25 of the passengers being Northern Ireland intelligence from MI5. People at the time said the fog was Scotch mist or the IRA planted it. A lot of funny jibes flying about and a lot pretty insulting to the dead and their families. Different strokes for different folks.

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Was going to respond to this with a joke but I'll be the better man and not stoop as low as @MagnificentSeven

7. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    @MagnificentSeven is an absolute tool kit.:bye1:

MagnificentSeven likes this.
  8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He probably won't reply til later mate. He's normally out bullying schoolchildren and dipping handbags at this time.

packybhoy and MagnificentSeven like this.
  9. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

:rofl:

11F1A515-968C-4EC8-96A1-9B0CF93BD535.gif

Seán Mac D and packybhoy like this.
  10. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Life raft would of been picked up by now, they have locator beacons on them that ships pick up on and since the channel is mentally busy with ships it would of been found. Ashame to say but don’t think there’s any chance now they’ll be found alive.

packybhoy likes this.
  11. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

I know nothing about it. First I’ve heard about it or maybe I heard about it when I was young and forgot about it. Wouldn’t laugh or joke about it without knowing who the people were.

packybhoy likes this.
  12. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Disrespectful my *.

How many famous footballers will be grieving for me when i give up the ghost? Or yourself? Or anyone else for that matter? Life is brutal then you die. No-one gives a * outside of people you have become friends with and sometimes your family.
    I don't know the guy and i didn't know of him. That's not disrespect that's a fact.
    All this utter * of not being able to make a comment about anything or anyone these days without some moral crusaders and their mock outrage getting offended is wearing very * thin.

Like i said - where were all you handwringers when those people died in the channel recently? Serious question that none of you will answer. Tell you why? Because funnily enough you didn't give a * enough to make a post? Or more than likely nobody made a flippant comment on the subject for you to pish the * bed about.

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I haven’t commented about this event or the event with the immigrants. However I still recognise both are tradegies and have empathy for the people connected with him.

The first comment @Gyp Rosetti made in this thread made me laugh. He made a joke without any disrespect towards anyone involved in my eyes.

However your attitude is very strange to me, it’s alien. There’s no humour. You just have no feeling towards the event and you’re using it to fuel your own agenda that people don’t care about other tragedies, even though you have no idea what other people’s beliefs are.

14. Mr. Slippyfist

Aw shut up ya greetin faced *.

Away jump in a boat n' see if ye can find him then...

15. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Cardiff fans are the last people I’m thinking of at the moment.

His family, friends and his previous employers are the ones to think of.

Worst thing is some * at Cardiff and some * at Nantes are blaming themselves for this right now. Nothing you can do.

16. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    It seems that there is a bit of a 1984 policy to humour in this Topic,come on Humour is Humour and without it where would we all be,bad * things happen to everyone in life and guess what we will all die one day.The amount of times pure humour helps us all in life is truely priceless.The day we lose true humour would be beyond sad.I mean name a single subject that has not had jokes aimed at it.
    And away from the humour on this cool sight i do not really think anybody on here wanted this to happen or were pleased it happened,fact.But the other fact is we have natural humour.
    That all said i am very lucky indeed,the only accident i have been involved in with a Plane was in my in Woodwork Class when i was 13!

17. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I haven't actually read any post that was directly disrespectful toward the player or pilot. The situation has been made light of in the direction of Marvin Compper and Mo Johnston. I think it's a bit hypocritical to find one persons joke funny but not another just because it doesn't suit your style. Language and it's use can differ and interpreted in variation to people's taste. Personally I get uncomfortable with Madeleine McCann and the hide and seek jokes. But I understand it will be seen as humorous by others.

Doogs., McChiellini.. and Senna s1979 like this.
  18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He’s not making a joke. He’s just being disrespectful.

Andybhoy91 likes this.
  19. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Well I know that at least one poster thinks all Celtic fans should be held to some higher moral ground as someone from Cardiff might read our forum.
    People can say what they want about this tragedy without being accused of insensitivy if it’s within Forum rules.
    I can’t be bothered having to explain to you why that’s a load of *.
    If we embarrass him then maybe he shouldn’t read the forum and live in his own little bubble where we are all saints and everyone loves us.
    They don’t.

Wonder if he went on a moral crusade in the 80’s when we were singing about killing prods, assassination attempts on Thatcher, * the queen and throwing bananas at Mark Walters.

I bet he wasn’t.

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Stop comparing this to other situations in history. Such strange behaviour and that’s what’s disrespectful. This is an isolated incident with literally nothing in common with the incidents you’ve brought up purely to back up your own agenda.

And I’m not defending the boy who’s worried Cardiff fans will read this. As I said they are the last people I have empathy for in this situation.

Make light of this situation while respecting what’s happened is a tradegy. Don’t criticise people for feeling a way about a situation because the never posted about Diana dying or Thatcher assassination attempts. You realise how mad that sounds?

This idea that nobody can pay respect to someone because they weren’t seen publicly paying respect to someone else is ridiculous.

The people making light of the situation with jokes aren’t in the wrong. The people wanting to pay their respects more sensitively aren’t wrong. You’re wrong for thinking either of them are wrong.