1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    There's no doubt rodgers biggest weakness is when it comes to the transfer market. Aye Lawell is a * and has cost us deals under rodgers and will cost us deals in the future, but lawell isn't forcing rodgers to go after Hayes, Hendry, Compper, de Vries, Benyu, Kouassi, Gamboa, Musonda, Re-signing izaguirre. Bare in mind we rejected 9 Million for boyata, an average player who refused to play during our most important games, and yet he STILL refuses to sell him and properly scout a CB.

He came out this month stating "We're not looking for a CB because they wouldn't get gametime" which is baffling, we have no proper cover at LB for tierney, and there's a real chance we'll go the rest of the season with Izaguirre at LB, which is frightening.

Do i want him sacked? Of course not, he's delivered us 7 trophies and gave us an incredible unbeaten season, and we've already won a trophy this season, but some sort of transfer structure to help with signings, whether thats a DOF or sacking congerton, would help immensely.

JML67 likes this.
  2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Could be utter negligence. I still don’t think that means you intentionally go out your way to make your managers job harder.

That £40m in the bank is off the back of his hard work. He deserves to be backed.

Seán Mac D and StPauli1916 like this.
  3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Sorry £18m lol.

That was me looking at the investment in football personnel from the last years accts

4. 67MB

I genuinely believe that he will be away at the end of the season, unfortunately.
    It just does not seem as if he is preparing for the future, what with all these loan deals. Come the qualifiers in the summer, what will our defence be looking like?

Unless Rodgers really does believe that the squad he has is good enough, then he will be gone.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR: It was a very good win for us. I thought the first game back at the weekend was a good performance but the mark of a good team is to go on and perform better."

BR: "Tonight I enjoyed watching how we played. Not easy against a team that are compact and tight. Our pressing was very good, that was pleasing. Our quality of our game was very good and we were very creative.

BR on Dedryck Boyata: "He had a bit of a tight groin, could’ve played but I told him to come out and have him ready for the weekend

BR on
    @OliverBurke55
    : "He’s a talent. His strength and power is phenomenal. His touch is good. His job is to create and score goals. He assisted at the weekend and got his goals tonight. He's got some great attributes.

BR: "This is our first league game of the second part of the season, there's a long way to go. We've got our rhythm back and some of our play was very good tonight. I thought we were very creative."

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

It’s difficult to argue against the fact he isn’t happy with our transfer policy.

Clear dig at someone tonight post match regarding the Ukranian lad.

StPauli1916, Rydo1888* and Bobo_ like this.
  7. M 67

I dunno. If I was in his position, I wouldn’t want to leave the club in a * state. Ffs I wouldn’t do that in my previous jobs and I’m getting buttons compared to him AND I didn’t grow up supporting my ex employers! Obviously completely different but if he’s happy to * off, leaving behind a team in disarray for the next manager, then he can go * himself.

Think folk are just reading too much into things (especially the * the red tops produce daily).

67MB likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Looks raging in that post match, am I being para?

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Heavy.

Avatar Daizen and MacEwan like this.
  11. Jeremie Frimpong

“We’ve got about a million wingers and don’t need another one.”

We will have two competent defenders come July.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    See if and when Rodgers leave I want Steve Clarke. His style of play probably wont be the best to watch but he will be pragmatic as *.

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Lawwell: "Crimea river Brendan"

Spring Time likes this.
  15. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Which never works at a club like Celtic where you're expected to win every week.

There's a reason why managers who do well at * clubs (even getting them up the table) under perform when they get a step up. Hodgson, Allyardice, Moyes etc.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  16. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    And when your Ferrari breaks down I'll get you a good deal on a Corsa mate. :50:

StPauli1916 likes this.
  17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

After listening to that, that quote isn’t as bad at all.

Aussie_Dan likes this.
  18. NM67

I have laughed at the posts on here through the last few days regarding the apparent scope that Rodgers is solely or being directly responsible for our transfers. Someone brought up his time at Liverpool, when they operated under a 'transfer committee' which restricted his ability to get players he wanted. After his comments tonight stating "we have a million wingers" it is a clear message that he doesn't get full autonomy.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Folk just moaning over nothing.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

TW: "Brendan Rodgers is like a father figure to all his players. He can build a player and teach you to become a man as well. As an 18-year-old you need that support from a coach and he’s really given me that.