1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Brendan still be manager at the start of next season?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 19, 2019.

Discuss Will Brendan still be manager at the start of next season? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

It depends what offers he has elsewhere, I can't see him going to an English championship side for example. I think he's well above that. Heck even a Premier League side fighting relegation with a limited budget probably wouldn't be that appealing to him. Perhaps a side like Everton who've been struggling recently (though I'm not sure if he'd want it as a former Liverpool manager) might be a job that interests him. Maybe Leicester if Puel goes, he's been under a bit of pressure despite some big wins recently. I don't think there's an awful lot of jobs out there, the only other one I can think of is Spurs if Pochettino goes to United, though there'd probably be serious competition for that job.

I honestly don't know, Lennon got fed up and I think Rodgers might be starting to feel that way too. I'm not even sure, and I hesitate to say this, if 10IAR is THAT big of a deal to him as much as it is to the supporters. I don't think he took the job initially think he'd be here for 5 years to ensure that we get the 10. He's pretty much done all he can already, dominate domestically, get us back in the CL, in Europe beyond Christmas. Without backing though we're not going to improve anymore than what we've already achieved. The whole thing depresses me just thinking about it so I try to enjoy the here and now while he's still manager, because who knows who'll come in to replace him. I'm absolutely certain they won't be able to replicate what he's done.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  2. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    I hope so but the board has a nasty habit of not matching the managers ambitions and backing him financially. the blessed Martin , Strachan and Lenny .
    The biscuit tin mentality is alive do well in paradise .

seanm likes this.
  3. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I would say yes if he wins the title this season.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  4. Cupid Stunt

5. wulliebad

im worried about us signing 6 month loan deals.....our defence will be gone in the summer as will two of this windows loans.....i voted yes but im not so sure the manager will be here next season.....could depend on who wins the league and what cups.

6. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    When.

7. dmac

It might be a case of how far he thinks he can go with the club and wether the board are reading from the same page regarding taking the club forward. I think he still wants to get the team through the group stages and into the knockout stages of the CL

Sean Daleer likes this.
  8. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    The rumours about Leicester looking at him got me abit worried I must admit especially if he feels he's took the team as far as he can with the resources he's got to work with..

Artorias likes this.
  9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It's ironic because that is exactly my feeling when you inevitably get booted from here.

Random Review likes this.
  10. oh bhoy

Don't know how many times he has to say hes happy here ,if there was a big job going i may be more concerned but going to the likes of Leicester not a * chance

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

3 times a day for the rest of his time here.

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Love BR, but wouldn’t be unhappy with Clarke..

Lilac Wine and Random Review like this.
  13. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    That’s bananas.

JordyBhoy likes this.
  14. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    This is the thing, the wage bill is massive due to a lot of his signings and guys he has brought in on the staffing side. It’s a huge part of all this, we need rid of all of the * and revaluate or squad.

Senna s1979, seanm and Keano88 like this.
  15. Tulf

Aye.

16. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I have no idea how much our players get paid, is there somewhere that's posted like annual tax statements?

We'll know for sure before next season starts if Brendan is going to stay for 10. This break is killing me. It seems insane we're even talking about the title and getting pumped by the huns. I hope we win before May cause I want to relax and watch the fight for 2nd.

I know transfers is something we have to sort out, it just feels much worse than it is. A part of me thinks this window might be quiet because that's when players out of contract are rare and also more expensive. I think we have enough to win the league comfortably but only if they get motivated which I'm sure is happening in Dubai. The quality of our squad should prove decisive even if this window is weak.

Maybe we could get a couple decent players on a pre.

If we've not strengthened our defence before next season he'll leave for sure because that'll mean he's not in total control of signings. *, I just looked up who Congerton is and why Mackems were warning us not to go near him. Lawwell said he's outstanding and Brendan said “He brings knowledge, experience and excellence to such an important area of our work and I know he will add real value to the club.” :43:

Oh dear, it's too depressing thinking about some things, Brendan might not be able to spot a coach but he's brung some amazing talent here who were a huge factor in our recent success and will be for a few seasons yet. Playing Callum at left back is a huge red flag though.

It would be a crying shame if he left on a sour note after what he's done when we were all depressed after Ronny's valiant effort felt like black ice.

I just can't see it, we've got too good a team and he's too good a manager.

He's traveled the ocean to watch us play and got that pitch laid for a good reason, to play pass and move so he must've had some kind of longevity in mind too.

Brendan's favourite formation is 4 3 3 so I wonder who the front three will be? Sincy, Eddy and Johnston? Could we even play that and keep everyone happy? I mean for me (Griff when he's fit) Jamesy, Callum and Tam have to start but that leaves no room for Broony, Burke, Weah, Ntcham etc. Oh man now I'm talking about having too many players ffs :39:

@Tulf Man I wish I could type posts that short.

17. seanm

if the board dont back him in this window he could be off. HH

18. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Sorry but all this “if the board don’t back him” pish needs to stop.
    The board have backed him.
    The problem is him and Congerton have on the whole, signed utter pish.
    Our wage budget and running costs are highest they have ever been yet people want us to back him to the tune of £7million for McKenna (which is why he had his petted lip in the summer).

Sometimes I think thank * PL tells him he’s not getting silly money for bang average players.
    He said he didn’t want Boyata and Dembele to leave because we didn’t have replacements lined up. He should have a list as long as his driveway of potential signings!

He done the same at Liverpool - blames everyone but himself for the state of the squad and transfer dealings.
    If him and Congerton can’t spot players within our budget (which they won’t thanks to only watching Sky Sports) why should we waste money? We are not Liverpool with Liverpool money.

I’m happy to back him if he stops wanting to spend £8-10million on players when we could get similar for half or a quarter of that if we looked hard enough.

19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I found the Leicester rumours laughable.

M.E.T.H.O.D MAN and Artorias like this.
  20. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Didn't realise Brendan said he's taken us as far as he can with the resources. We really need stability right now cause there is a lot of movement in the squad. We must have at least £10m left in the transfer pot? Brendan's problem is he can't see the wood for the trees, Congerton is a complete joke. I'm sure Brendan would give us a years notice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.