1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Git the badge in

Liam Scales likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

It’s a must.

3. Keano88

We need all the backup we can get against the Diamond Cutters.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

:56:

5. XTierneyx63x

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Looks like he’s on a plane?

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Must be away somewhere to get medical opinion or surgery 100%

7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I think there must be something badly wrong with him, he's always seemed to be struggling with injury pretty much ever since he started playing for us, for years he has always been holding his leg, limping and looking in pain near enough every game especially near the end of games so it's probably something thats been going on for years.

Did he not break the same ankle twice shortly before starting to play for us? wonder if its something to do with that.

8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I think it was a leg break mate, and @Marty McFly explained it’s probably to do with his legs turning in and putting pressure on his hip.

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Struggling with injury since he started playing with us, no.. guilty of overplaying him, aye.

10. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Simple fact of the matter is BR has ran him into the * ground for 2 and a half years. He was always going to break down.

When we asked for back up, someone who could fill his shoes and give him a break, we signed an ex player who was done 4 years ago and hadnt a hope of getting a game if KT was "fit".

Another in a long list of defensive brain farts by our manager.

Lewis Kerr and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  11. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I just think he has slightly bandy legs. Not on the Jim Leighton scale but enough to maybe cause an issue. Bowlegs being the official name.

It’s more obvious when he’s walking about after full time and he rolls his socks down.

An aside here, but when I played I was bothered with calf issues and couldn’t wait to get my socks down after the game. One of the reasons you see some players cut holes in the back of their socks these days to relieve tension. Not saying this has to do with KT just saying.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  12. Al Bootyerbaws

Spoke to some relation of his in a pub last night (uncle possibly can't remember I was pished) reckons we won't see KT again this season his hip is totally *.

13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

:56: in a pub.... pished...some * claiming to be a family member dressed in blue... Naw. He'll be back for Europe.

14. Al Bootyerbaws

I've no reason to make it up mate believe me or don't but it's what the guy said. I hope he's wrong.

15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Al boot your baws..

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BRENDAN RODGERS says there’s no timescale on Kieran Tierney’s return — as he revealed the Celtic starlet won’t even train again until next month.

The crocked defender hasn’t played since Celts’ Europa League loss to Salzburg on December 13.

Tierney, 21, has tried to play through the pain barrier of an agonising groin injury.

As SunSport revealed last week, there have been fears over the length of his absence.

Now Rodgers has confirmed Scotland star KT won’t be rushed back to action, and lifted the lid on the pain he’s suffering.

Hoops boss Rodgers said: “I’m told the earliest Kieran will be back in training will be the start of February.

“He’s seeing the medical team and they are assessing him. He’s doing work in the gym, but he’s not out running yet.

“Surgery is not something that’s been mentioned. There’s periods of work and periods of rest, then scans to see the reaction.

“It’s in his groin area and the medical guys are saying it will just take time. Kieran has been on such a run for the last few years.

“He loves training and loves playing games. Football really is his life, and for him not to be out there playing is tough.

“But he’s focused on getting back and into the best condition he can be. Hopefully it will be soon because he is a player we miss.

“KT is a player of real quality and we miss him when he is not available. He’s a player with a great career ahead of him.

“Tierney is a wonderful talent and a great kid to work with. You know when he is in pain — and he REALLY is in pain now.

“He’s a real throwback. You could see in training he was pushing and giving everything, but he wasn’t quite right.

“One of Kieran’s great strengths is his physicality and his power and running ability. When that’s affected it takes away a big part of his game. But we hope he is back soon.”

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
  18. James Gold Member Gold Member

Why was he on the bench at Ipox?

19. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Actually frightening to think if lustig didnt chuck it and leave himself a cert for a 2nd yellow he probably would have came on.

Hes our biggest asset and we shouldn't be * about with him. Shouldnt be rushed back to play in a competition weve no real chance of winning and if his hip is properly * well have to survive without him till whenever.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  20. Lewis Kerr

Stupidly overplayed in the last few seasons

JML67 and Random Review like this.