1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Yaya Toure

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Henrik 07, Jan 15, 2019.

Discuss Yaya Toure in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. smokie899

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    Agree

Tommy25 likes this.
  2. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    Could at least ask if he wants to train with us

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He was. That's why I said the comparison would be for fitness issues.

Defoe has always struck me as someone who looks after himself regardless of game time. Toure doesn't and his time in Greece suggests that, regardless of whether he was 3 or 4 times the player in his prime or whether he has had an extra 75 mins game time.

I'm not comparing anyone and also not wanting to go on about the Huns. It was more a comment aimed at people suggesting anyone actually thinks Toure was a lesser footballer. Which they wouldn't. Unless you're mentally challenged.

4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Defoe went vegan a while ago and has live in chefs. I don’t doubt for a second he’ll score goals up here.

I’m not as aware of the ins and outs of Toure but what I do know is he’s an uber professional that needs to feel loved, wasn’t at Barca so left, wasn’t at City for a period and then wasn’t in Greece. In that respect Celtic seems the perfect for him for me.

It’s all pie in the sky and hypothetical, may never happen but if he finds a club that’ll still treat him like the main man he will flourish. It’s mental with him not physical.

5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    As would I.

But I think you got the point bang on when you mentioned attitude. At 35 and having just been released I'd seriously question that part of him now and whether he wants to get fit.

The one saving grace would be that his big brother is here and would kick him up the * if need be.

6. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    We'd be far better with someone younger but has played at a good level like McCarthy injuries aside and Wanyama for instance if were thinking about bringing in another midfielder.

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You can’t just compare two different players who are the same age and had the same form last season, then assume they will be the same this season. That’s daft.