1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

This Window

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by stirfry999, Jan 15, 2019.

Discuss This Window in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If we just signed Phillipe Sandler everything would be fine

2. HH88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Granted, maybe mods should delete new threads where appropriate covering the same thing. Only need to be one transfer window thread

Tommy25 and StPauli1916 like this.
  3. HH88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Should just sticky the Jan transfer thread and remove other ones. There's going to be a lot more hissy fits after the window there always is

4. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I actually have sympathy with the op.

How many times have we witnessed this and summer windows pass us by while we sit here,fingers crossed, rocking back and forward like loopers repeating the mantra "plenty of time, plenty of time"...

Only for the window to clasp shut with a quiet click, while we stand looking at it, mouths a gape...* in hands, primed for the wankathon that we expected when an actual signing which resonates with intent was to be finally declared.

Even under BR the burns keep coming. 2 and half years weve been waiting on some semblence of a defence. Culminating in our relegation to the europa league and an ibrox capitulation.

I was supremeley confident about this window. BR would have seen the problems and the board would rectify their cheapskate attitude to rectify the obviousness of the error.

2 weeks in... 2 short term loans and a striker.

2 weeks in... a statement from the manager declaring, in effect, no "real" money will be spent and even better... he intends on keeping boyata.

2 weeks in... the op is well within their rights to think theyve slammed the window shut on our * already.

Obviously... theres still time. Plenty of time. Plenty of time.

But IF... IF we do not at least sign a REAL, ready to compete RB, and a REAL, ready to displace boyata right * now player, then, and i mean this with all my heart...

Peter lawell, the board, dermort desmond, and yes, Brendan too... they can literally go and * themselves.

Plenty of time though.

Plenty of time

5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Must admit i am a tad concerned tbh, really hoping over the next 2 weeks we will see another few signings, certain pieces of the jigsaw are still missing.

I don't buy this plenty of time *, heard all this a zillion times before, we need to get the players in pronto !

The summer window was a shocker, this is a chance to make up for that.

Tommy25 likes this.
  6. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Maja and a RB and this will be a good window, Maja, a RB and a CB and it will be a great window, not much to ask Celtic :90:

7. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Cover for Griff in Weah

Dembélé replacement in Bayo

Boyata confirmed staying till end of season.

Benkovic confirmed staying till end of season.

Burke is decent wing cover and a powerful option on wings

Gutman, well we’ve now an abundance of left backs.

If Ralston isn’t deemed capable until the summer then we clearly need a RB in but we could probably ‘survive’ until the summer.

If we don’t invest this window, come the summer, we’ll need practically a whole new defence. Right before CL qualifiers. No DB, Benko or Mika - if he gets no deal. Hmmm

8. Goggzy60

Still need atleast a CB and RB both first team levels. I can't see us signing either quick enough in the summer for qualifiers. I don't believe we'll sign either though this window and if we do it will be * loans again.

9. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Still early in the day come this time a few days before it closes and we don't have 1 or 2 defenders then I'll worry, although not as much if we sign McKenna.

10. horseshoe

I'm not confident we'll sort our defence out this window, because of both the board penny pinching and I don't think the manager can really spot a defender, looking more and more like his blindspot all the time, he's persisted with Lustig despite the writing being on the wall for well over a year, brought Gamboa and Ralston in for the odd game and dropped after doing nothing wrong, scoring and assisting even, and we signed two CBs last january that he bigged up as being the solution to our problems.

tomlamb likes this.
  11. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Have to say i’m starting to get * off with this window, really thought we’d learn our lesson this time and sort out our defensive problems, but as usual it’s looking likely we’ll do * all. The fans deserve a signing they can get excited about, can’t remember the last time we signed a player that i got excited about, probably Dembele signing.

HH88 likes this.
  12. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Most wouldn't have been near my first choice this window but if we got Maja, Elabdellouai, McKenna permanant & McCarthy or Toure on an 18 month, 6 months are pointless imo, then the window would have ended well.
    Leaves keeper & another cb to be sourced pre euro games.

Although having said that, if we weren't to offload Compper, Allen & Hendry now the squad is massive. Even with them gone it's still huge. Mulumbu, Gamboa, Benyu(loan), Morgan(loan) could all be moved on too.
    And we are heading into summer needing more work. Constantly playing transfer window catch up, I hate that game!

13. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Have to laugh at those who keep saying there is plenty of time for signings.

When did you start supporting Celtic? Yesterday? :giggle1:

PEI#1, Blochairnbhoy, HH88 and 7 others like this.
  14. HH88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Haha as if they expect a parade of cars driving up waiting to be announced as Lawell has been waiting to spending £40M of accrued money at once. Hotel was a red herring.

15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Is this window the same as the January Window?

Blochairnbhoy and StPauli1916 like this.