1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone still think that we shouldn't be worrying?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by rkid, Jan 3, 2019.

Discuss Does anyone still think that we shouldn't be worrying? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    worried about them …. gies a break !!

PaulM1888 likes this.
  2. Hail_hail6767

Cmon now look at urself lol we were * and they played their best

3. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If I have any concerns, it’s our yo-yo form and the managers repeated selection of players not up to the task and somewhat baffling team selections and tactics.

This season has been a major head scratcher. So much off the field nonsense that has been frankly rediculous coming off the back of the success of last season and the jubilant scenes with the open top bus.

All that * aside it looked like we had moved on. Recently we turned in some truly magnificent performances, some of the best football I’ve seen in a long time. Add to that the continued development Calmac and not to mention the sudden impact of Christie - things certainly were looking up.

Then we come up against that mob, our gaffer puts out mental line-up that included two midfielders that clearly don’t work. So much so these two have been involved in the majority of our negative results this season, yet at the midway point, Brendan thinks it smart to put these two together again, away from home AND move our current best player to left back.

Do I think we’ll lose the league if this trend continues, no! However, it’s playing with fire with only 3 points in it at the half way point given our game in hand.

If we don’t improve the squad this window and they do, we are again quite frankly inviting them to take the title.

Our signings recently have left a lot to be desired so this window does not give me confidence we’ll improve much if at all.

* the SFA anaw, just coz

Xatraps, Andy_bhoy1888 and Artorias like this.
  4. Darnok

Rangers have only won more than 2 games in a row once this season, they haven't been relentlessly grinding out wins since Walter Smith's second run. A 36 year old Jermaine Defoe won't change that.

5. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I don't think he will either; but if they get him and Davies and maybe a couple of others... who knows?

I'd rather we up our own game, so that we don't have to worry about them. If we recapture the standards of Brendan's first season, we'll leave everyone in our dust.

PEI#1 likes this.
  6. DamienCorkBhoy

This is the reason I voted no.

If we do lose it this season or even lose the 10 then i want everyone on the board and Brendan gone.
    For the record I think we will stroll the ten.

7. clonbhoy

The problem there is that neither are we. Unless we are on top form we drop points. How many games this season have we played badly and won, particularly away from home? A 36 year old Jermaine Defoe might turn some of their draws into wins.

Andy_bhoy1888 likes this.
  8. Andy_bhoy1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Heart of lisbon
    We need a strong window and we have to take the full points of them coz there will be games we drop points against others. It's unnecessarily close and I'm not liking it one bit.

9. Seosamh Máirtín

10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I don't I think we will falter at 9 the establishment and everyone else will get in the way even our own board

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

You would have fared better trying to reply to the post I replied to you with instead of trying to be smart, although tbf, there wasn't much you could say.
    Anyway obviously your new year's resolution didn't last long I see :giggle1:

Well that can only happen if the manager says he wants rid of a player.. has he said he wants rid of any ? (remembering much of the squad fillers he bought himself) or if a player wants to leave and as far as I'm aware we have loaned/got shot of what we could with hopefully more to follow. Of course the problem you face is getting said player to move, when they are probably going to be taking a pay cut as the new club won't match the wages they are currently on. What would you suggest then ? Contact agents, I think its safe to say we do that.
    Obviously Pete would have little difficulty in selling the decent players, although somehow I think that wouldn't be overly popular. The dross we have accumulated is rather more difficult to sell for the above and because the player may not even want to move which would make selling them difficult.

If only it was as easy as some seem to think.

13. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye but Dubliner1's in there so we're all good..

15. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I don't know who that is. :56:

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Count yourself lucky..

A serial pessimist..

17. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ah, got you. :50:
    I think the name is ringing a bell now.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  18. AnnoniOnAnawNoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Lets be honest here, if we win that game at brox were on easy street as wed have been 6 points clear with a game in hand. The performance last saturday was abysmal but are we really surprised rangers looked the hungrier? They NEEDED to win that game and played like it too.

We have yet to really get going this season, partly due to a poor summer window but also because weve had a horrible run if injuries. Im confident well kick on after the winter break, hopefully with a few new faces onboard too. The result last week will have hurt the players and i fully expect to see a different celtic in 2019.

The only team who can stop us winning the league is us imho.

HTG likes this.
  19. joemc

Voted yes and there are a few reasons , 1 there is always a danger and to discount that is being arrogant ,something the team are being accused of , 2 this is reminding me of how McLeish hung in there to take the title when they should never have , it has that closeness about it , the hysteria is stemming from the fact it has been a cake walk for a while now and they were always gonna improve eventually.

20. Jeffrey

The arrogance of 'we'll still walk it' and 'its them, they're *' is hun patter. We are still very well in the drivers seat but if they make some good signings and we sit on our thumbs as usual, anything could happen. Killie were sitting top ffs