1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Intouchables

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by D'Ecosse, Jan 2, 2019.

Discuss The Intouchables in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. D'Ecosse

Yes, it is indeed the INtouchables (Not UNtouchables)

It's a French movie, I watched with subtitles on NY eve.

(there is a remake called The Upside about to be released with Bryan Cranston and Kevin Hart in the main roles - that is what called my attention to the earlier movie)

Check it out on IMDB - definitely an excellent watch.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1675434/

(I was going to post the trailer - it might be a bit of a spoiler though as contains a lot of the good scenes from the movie - I would suggest to take my word for it and not watch the trailer - but it's there on the IMDB link if you choose to see it)

About a Quadriplegic who forms an incredible bond with an Immigrant from the Projects - based on a true story (at the end you see small clip of the real people in the credits)

I watched the trailer of The Upside and although Cranston and Hart are both amazing actors, somehow it comes across as overly-acted (a bit too 'Hollywood', especially Hart) while the original seemed very 'real'. I'll probably still watch The Upside, but know I'll be making comparisons the whole way through. The script itself seems near identical with many of the same scenes shown in the trailer (fair enough as it's a true story). If The Upside is something you already have on your to-watch list, you might want to pass on The Intouchables as it sets an amazing benchmark.

It's on Netflix everywhere BUT UK - I believe it's on Amazon UK - and those of you with 'other' streaming access can surely find it :D

clonbhoy likes this.
  2. clonbhoy

Yeah, watched a couple of years back and really enjoyed it. Never heard of 'The Upside', it sounds * though. Why can't the Yanks leave things be!

3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The Intouchables is a fantastic film, saw it at the tail end of 2017.