1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Has definitely been carrying an injury.

The problem is, he won't get a rest over the winter break like the others in the squad.

A bit worrying tbh.

Rydo1888* and StPauli1916 like this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Must be some friendly. The guy int' middle looks pretty excited about it.

The IRA likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Buzzing big time.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

TOM ROGIC was reportedly left out of Australia's match with Oman today due to injury.

The Sydney Morning Herald have revealed that the Hoops midfielder missed out on the friendly encounter after his knee flared up on his flight from Scotland to Dubai.

Reporter Vince Rugari tweeted: "Rogic was not training with the team yesterday and was told his knee had flared up after the flight.

"Nothing serious, but my sense is if he played vs Rangers, he would have been under duress and/or pulling up sore even closer to the Asian Cup."

Rogic has been troubled with knee issues all season and has missed a number of key fixtures already this campaign.

The Aussie playmaker missed out on yesterday's Old Firm Derby with Rangers following a row with Australia boss Graham Arnold.

7. MAP

8. Maestro 08

So let me get this correct, this clown of a coach was going to play a player in spite of him having a knee injury that had flared up & Celtic had to send him an email to prevent him!?! First he hauls the player away against his own wishes and the club on the eve of a major match then threatens further injury to the player until Celtic intervene. What an absolute *. I hope Celtic & Tom go out their way to avoid playing ball with this * in the future, in fact I'm almost certain he/we will.

9. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer...-celtic-s-request-arnold-20181231-p50ovo.html[/QUOTE]

Their coach always seems to play the victim card, the fact is he took him out of one of the biggest games of his season to go on a 10 day camp to prepare for playing against 3rd world countries. Lennon said him and Arnold had agreed that he was allowed to keep 1 player for the derby then 2 days later got an email from the Australian federation saying all 3 were required. Can only hope Australia someone get knocked out early and he gets the sack, because his communication to the Scottish clubs was all over the shop. He played and managed for Northern Spirit in Aus who were apparently owned by the huns at that period, so it's all a conspiracy.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  10. MAP

The clown of a coach wasn't going to play him because his knee had flared up.

The clown of a coach came out stating Celtic had emailed asking that TR not be played, given the backlash he and the FFA were receiving (see various posts on this thread by way of example). Presumably BR may have elected not to play TR in the Rangers game too.

At a guess, given TR's seeming level-headedness, and his history with Arnold, I doubt there is much in the way of bad blood or ill feeling between the two over this issue.

11. Maestro 08

So why comment on the celtic email if he wasn't going to play him anyway??!! Exactly. The email becomes irrelevant in that case.

It clearly states the knee injury flared up as a result of the flight so he would have played for us and I see no reason for Celtic to request he didn't play until they knew the injury had flared up. So the email was obviously sent AFTER he arrived and Celtic became aware of Toms situation. Why did they feel the need to request this!!

12. MAP

See my second sentence.

Perhaps. Personally, I am not privy to BR's team selection a few days out from a game. Certainly, if I was Arnold, having one of my players, run around in a tough derby on an injured knee before an important tournament (at least to him), would be less than ideal.

If I was BR, I'd certainly send that email, and even before TR had stepped on a plane. I'd not want one of my prized players running around on an injured knee, in a competition completely irrelevant to me, particularly when TR would have instead had a bit of time off.

13. Maestro 08

He would have played. The knee injury flared up on the flight. Much like the Aussie manager you are all over the place. He made an * of it, messed the clubs and the players around and is now trying to point fingers to take the heat off himself. He's an embarassment and a clown. He was welcomed by Rodgers and Lennon over here and then disrespected them. He won't be welcomed back & I can't see the club being compliant with him again which he deserves.

14. MAP

Don't let an absence of facts get in the way of your speculation.

15. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    The aussie manager is a grade A *.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  16. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    So there's every chance he's going to use him at some point and his knee will probably flare up when he could be resting back here.

Ram you're Fosters up your *, I'm never touching it again, no matter if it's the cheapest on tap.

17. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    • Too many games being played these days. 40 games before Xmas is obscene. Hardly any pre season. Thursday Sunday long flights. Big strain on the body.

Random Review likes this.
  18. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Just wondering As a * you to Arnold should Rogic train with Celtic squad on their Dubai winter break or the Aussie scum in Dubai.
    They're in Dubai at same time. or at least just an hour apart.

19. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Love that idea.
    Imagine Celtic support as a whole boycotting Aussie goods and letting those companies know the reason why.

20. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

What’s not factual? The knee injury flaring up on the flight.
    The fact he dropped him after getting the email?