1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Craig Gordon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Dáibhí, Jul 3, 2014.

Discuss Craig Gordon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Let's pass about the backline for 5 minute's and then I'll kick it out for a throw as usual..

Ya big useless snakey * I * despise you..

paulo123, Rydo1888* and trackebhoy like this.
  2. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    His ball to boyata was * criminal and his general distribution is absolutely dire, he constantly puts players under pressure with it. There's a few in our team who need replaced by younger guys and he's defo 1 of them.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  3. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    An odd one. Kept us in it with some tremendous saves but put us under pressure with his * kicks. I'm under the impression he did his * play out from the back just so he could make the impressive saves.

4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Nah it's just to late to teach an old keeper to play with his feet. Atleast he's proved he can save a shot. Boyata was 10x worse than gordan

Hammy89 likes this.
  5. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    He quite simply CANNOT be allowed to continue as our keeper.

How the * can stevie woods and brendan not see the absolute shambles this guy is.

I could explain the rules of football to a complete alien and the * would still ask..."why does he keep doing that?"

Time to go.

Please for the love of all thats good and right in this world...

GO

Peej likes this.
  6. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Ps: still some * on here lauding his "shat stapper" moniker.

Bain could have made those saves.

He delays his reactions for long range shots or shots hes sees coming in order to bounce full stretch and tip it by the post.

Its all about craigy.

Hes got to go. Simple

Rydo1888*, trackebhoy and Gabriel like this.
  7. Cmcgregor90

What's wrong with a keeping it in his hands and throwing it to a wide area if he can't kick for * it still counts as playing it from the back

8. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Amazes me how many time he chops the ball up towards the halfway line at the sides and it goes out for a throw, like does he not see that

Peej likes this.
  9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Don't think once he kicked it "long" yesterday and it was a success. Could see it in the players as well, some having to jump to try reach it before it goes out, or it's over hit etc. The players even know it's a pointless pass.
    Then add in his efforts to bullet a pass to boyata or brown while under pressure.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

10. CodyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ninetoes Finder
    Time to give Scott Bain a chance. Gordon might be a better shot stopper, but when so much of our tactic is about playing it from the back then kicking is too important to continue with Gordon.

11. socbhoy

Craig Gordon is a decent goalkeeper and has saved us lots over the years but our managers style of play dictates that we need a goalkeeper that is good with the ball at his feet and has a good range of passing and this isn’t him. It’s not easy to find a keeper like this we tried when we signed De Vries and it didn’t work because he couldn’t keep the ball out the net. Maybe Bain deserves his chance he is certainly better with the ball at his feet than Gordon but is he better at keeping the ball out the net ?. I’m not so sure.

12. Ak1

Let's try and keep some perspective about all this.

Although yesterday was collectively a honking performance and result, we haven't witnessed anything new. In fact yesterday was a culmination of concerns that have built up over months/years across the whole team.

Gordon for me should have been replaced a long time ago, and I was disappointed the supposed Chelsea deal didn't go through when it was first suggested. The fact he still remains our no 1 highlights how poor recruitment has been over Rodgers tenure, and regrettably this also applies with other positions, with a lack of new right back and centre halfs which have been glaringly in need of upgrades for the same time.

In short we have been shopping in the bargain bin, looking for moneyball type players with big resell value.

Gordon DID make 2/3 great saves yesterday, but he fails to recognise keepers aren't judged solely on that criteria anymore.

Distribution of both feet (short and long) dealing with crosses and owning the space behind high back lines are now equally valued. But appear totally neglected in CG's training where any club video I've witnessed, involve him making saves!!

Honing exsisting skills are important, but not at the expense of neglecting other important areas of development.

Regrettably I see a real reluctance by CG to improve this area of his game, possibly CG still carries psychological baggage from his horrendous injuries from a few years back. But I'm baffled as to how a top professional club (and manager) has allowed this impasse to last so long.

Most cat 1 youth set ups in the EPL have regular player appraisals where areas of improvement are reviewed every 6 weeks, you'd have thought Lennoxtown would have a similar facilities and set up?

Seemingly not it appears

13. DaveKing'seye

Firstly, considering we signed this guy on a free was a great bit of business. He is a great shot stopper who has kept us in a lot of games especially in the big ones.

He makes big saves at big times in games.

However, since Brendan has come in and wanted the build up from the back, it clearly has not suited him as he is mince with the ball at his feet. If that's the way we want to play then I agree Bain should play in more games but surely the recruitment has to be better?

There must be a ball playing GK we could afford/attract with more ability available to us.

Random Review likes this.
  14. James Gold Member Gold Member

"A great shot stopper"

If he wasn't good a stopping shots he wouldn't be a keeper.

On a free we can't grumble really but his race is run here

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  15. Pearse67*

Hopefully chelsea come back in for him.

16. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    I'm seriously starting to think he is * 'at it'.

Some of the * he does is a * disgrace, I'm all for 'playing out from the back' but we just shuttle it around for 4 passes before someone ends up booting it up the park anyway under pressure.

We are not PSG.

Gyp Rosetti and Paul67 like this.
  17. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If we sell Gordon, will you run naked to the park again? Been waiting too long since that night against Barça. :46:

18. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Haha .. like a noose round my neck. :56:

19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Some night, mate. In all seriousness, hope it happens again soon, 'cos it'll mean we just won the Europa. :giggle1:

20. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    It still crops up on Facebook now and again.