1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by mayo, Dec 30, 2018.

Discuss Celtic Board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. mayo

This isn't a knee * reaction, the board have cost us badly again. We shouldn't be humiliated like this, I sat today with 2 EPL lovers and Celtic didn't give me a leg to * stand on. Absolute abysmal, we need to wake up and smell the coffee. A prime example is Christie, not a popular view but an example. Not an absolute stand out for Aberdeen and he's one of our main men. Not slating the lad but an example of where Celtic should be aiming higher for a starting 11 in the middle of the park. McGregor and Forrest another two great stand outs on our team not exactly great footballers. Eduard up top, jury out no matter how young he is, I've not picked on our weaker starting 11 but our better ones to show how poor we are. All well and good beating * like Dundee at home but let's face facts we're a poor, poor side. Being absolute run riot by them mutant * followed by our shocking league form shows it. We'll win the league and kid ourselves again this year we're far better than we are. Lawell to blame. Sing all we want about ten in a row if they don't all get their act together we're in trouble. If there is't serious investment this window no matter how healthy the books look this * should be gone. Be looking far more healthier if the * spent well in summer and got champions league football. Man loves playing with fire, only so long you can do it til ya get burnt, example Strachans last year. He's lucky he's had no competition in my eyes. A rb for Lustig, cb for Boyshato, a winger in for Sinclair and a striker for Eduard at the minimum

2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We’re already spending £60m a year on wages.

How much do we need to spend before people start blaming the manager and his fraud of a pal?

3. john2061

think the recruitment of players over the last few seasons has been the problem and the amount of deadwood still at the club is alarming .
    the summer window was very poor for us and we have regressed this season dropping 18 points away from home and this january transfer window is very important but does the board have any confidence on the head of recriutment to bring in good players after all the * thats been brought into the club and stealing a wage .
    for me the alarm bells are ringing when we are thinking of bringing in a young forward from p.s.g and not someone whos established in scoring regular goals at a club and now thinking the board will bring in two or three loan signings in january and we will spend * all .

Maestro 08 likes this.
  4. Maestro 08

I would imagine the board are tempted to say we need to clear out some of the dead wood before we give the green light to increasing the wage bill. Like you say could explain why we seem to be going for loans instead of established players. Problem is who is goin to take guys like Commper off our hands. Same for guys like Allan, Hendry, Hayes, these boys wont get better contracts elsewhere so they'll ride it out here until their contracts are up.

5. john2061

The ratio seems every 5 players we sign 4 are * and one is ok so the signs are not good for money being spent.

6. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    That's a problem of the budget we're shopping on, you start to spend £30-40m a player you get quality 4/5 out of 5 times

7. Tulf

Naw it isnae.

8. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Too right mate. Its the manager's fault that we've only won 7 out of the last 7 trophies get him to *.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  9. Paul McAuley

John Mcginn ffs. Andy Robertson.... * me any * in the player suggestion thread could have done better. The recruitment has been abysmal. Doesn't take 30-40 million we just got ran aboot by loanees and has beens

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  10. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Brendan is too loyal to some players such as Sinclair,Gordon,Broony and Lustig we've won 7 trophies out of 7 and the case is made if it aint broke why fix it , but football doesn't work like that and you need to evolve the team by bringing in fresh quality signings look at the players we've lost too.

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Manager is at fault for bringing in certain players but he didn't negotiate this contracts

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

12. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Stopped reading at ‘Christie not an absolute stand out for Aberdeen’ . He was easily their best player fs.

13. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Aye the budget of Lee Congertons wages. We should be able to scout players properly before we sign them, it doesn’t look like we do too much of that nowadays.

14. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I stopped after “this isn’t a knee * reaction”