1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Timothy Weah

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by MartinoBianco, Dec 25, 2018.

Discuss Timothy Weah in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

TIMOTHY WEAH is set to snub a late offer from Amiens to seal a loan deal with Celtic.

The French side have launched a last-gasp bid to hijack USA hitman Weah’s six-month move to Celts.

But SunSport understands the Hoops are the striker’s preferred choice should PSG give the green light to the deal.

Talks are continuing, with Weah, 18, currently in Liberia with father George, who is president of the African country.

Weah is keen on a switch to Celtic and hopes to arrive in Glasgow for a medical next week if all goes to plan.

Yet that still hasn’t put off Amiens boss Christophe Pelissier, who made a personal plea to Weah to join his strugglers.

French sources claim Pelissier made a call earlier this week in a bid to talk the attacker round.

But barring a last- minute change of heart, Weah could join Celtic in time for their Dubai winter training camp.

PSG chiefs see the benefit of a stint in Glasgow for the youngster after Odsonne Edouard had a successful loan spell before his £10million move to Celts.

But unlike Edouard, there would be NO option to make the deal permanent.

Weah, who has eight caps for the USA, is viewed as one for the future by PSG boss Thomas Tuchel.

PSG only want to loan him for the rest of the season before bringing him back for the final year of his deal.

2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    * Thomas tuchel he won't be their when psg go out of CL and neymar leaves

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

If it's a 6 month loan deal with no option to make it permanent then he needs to be ready to make an impact immediately.

If he's going to need months to get upto speed and adapt to our play like Musonda & Arzani then it's pointless.

Valhalla, seanm, littlekennie and 6 others like this.
  4. Maestro 08

Why this type of signing when we all ready have a young kid in Mikey Johnston chomping at the bit. I'm all for getting an extra body in for the striker position but he needs to be a player with some experience who's ready to come in and make an immediate impact.

5. KingArtur'1

If its only till the summer then personally i would leave it and go for someone else

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BRENDAN RODGERS last night confirmed Timothy Weah has ALREADY held secret talks in Glasgow.

SunSport revealed Celtic are closing in on a loan switch for the PSG striker, 18.

Rodgers gave USA cap Weah a VIP tour of Celts’ facilities and hopes to seal a deal next week.

He said: “PSG gave us permission to speak with Timothy and he came over with his representatives.

“He had a great day here. We have good relations with PSG, so he came over.

“He sent me a lovely message afterwards, thanking everyone and saying he enjoyed it, so we will see.

“PSG clearly want him to go on loan to get experience. He is a good kid, a great boy and a great profile in terms of his game.

“There are lots of selling factors for him to come here.

“The club, the supporters, the intensity, the pressure, the style of football and people that he knows like Odsonne Edouard.

“Timothy is an international player who can play in a couple of positions at the top of the field.

“If it comes off, it can be a great signing for us.”

Weah is the son of AC Milan legend and current Liberia President George, but Rodgers joked he’s used to dealing with footballing sons.

He added: “I said to him, ‘We have to do what we did with Ryan Christie!’

“I said we had a player here who was once Charlie Christie’s son and now he’s Ryan Christie’s dad.

“So our job is to make George known as Timothy Weah’s dad!”

7. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

It’s always good to have competition and if any of our front 3 get injured it’s a big ask for Johnston, Weah can play anywhere across the front 3 but is definitely better built to play up top than Johnston.

Especially with Last 32 in EL we need as much quality in as we can get, reckon this would be a 12-18 month loan deal.

8. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Would not be surprised if this is announced as 6 months so PSG can sell or put to their squad. Could even be a PSG sale to us or loan back next season.
    No idea how good he is but think it is odd he has had more international caps this yeah than club appearances but I think that says more about the US national team.

9. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    PSG's Timothy Weah on his way to Celtic after Lennoxtown sightseeing trip

By Alison McConnell Football Writer

Timothy Weah looks like being the first January addition to the Celtic squad after Brendan Rodgers revealed that the 18-year-old American has already had a look around Lennoxtown.

An under-wraps visit to the club’s training base took place earlier this month with the PSG player on the cusp now of completing a loan move to Celtic.

“We were granted permission by PSG to speak with him and he came over with his representatives,” said Rodgers.

“He had a great day here. We have good relations with PSG, so he came over.

“He sent me a lovely message afterwards thanking everyone and saying that he enjoyed it, so we shall see.

“They clearly want him to go on loan to get experience, so he is a good kid, a great boy and a great profile in terms of his game.

“There are lots of selling factors for him to come here.

“The club, the supporters, the intensity, the pressure, the style of football and people that he knows.

“There’s many plusses that can help in the decision.

“He’s a great boy with sensible head. He knows what he wants, he’s an international player who can play in a couple of positions at the top of the field, so if it comes off, it can be a great signing for us.

“We’ll just see how that develops.

“I said to him: We have to do what we did with Ryan Christie! I said we had a player here who was once Charlie Christie’s son and now he’s Ryan Christie’s dad. So our job with you is to make him [George] Timothy Weah’s dad!”

10. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    100% a 18 year old is very likely to take a good few months to settle in. Not for me.

11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He'll be a footnote here. No point in a short loan. From what has been said of him, he needs a team where he'd be in the first XI.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. DonnyCelt

He'll score in March against them

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

* writing him off before he’s even joined. We had a winger up front today against our rivals and he was completely marked out the game. Yet * are turning down one of the better striking prospects in football? Take a look at yourselves ffs.

15. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Not sure what kind of impact he'll have in 6 months but he's a class prospect and I wouldn't turn him down, dont let the negativity of today cloud your judgement.

Big Shoes likes this.
  16. Maestro 08

Is he an out & out striker though? From what I've picked up he's the type that plays across the front. I.e a slight, nippy, technical player. The Rodgers model. We have plenty already. What we actually need is a strong Dembele type to stick his * into defenders, hold the ball & get his head on some crosses. Plus it looks to be another 6 month loan with no option to buy. Baffling tbh.

17. socbhoy

Imo we are crying out for a big striker that can hold the ball up and we can play off of, a plan b type striker, that we can turn to when we are playing against teams like today that press us high. As demonstrated again we haven’t the quality to be able to play thro that pressure and it causes us problems time and time again. We are to one dimensional. Not sure what this boy Weah will be like but we should be bringing in that type of player.

18. James Gold Member Gold Member

Waste of time if it's only 6 months

Tommy25 likes this.
  19. Nasser

He did well for me on FIFA 19 & FM, he had lots of pace and held down a place in the team, as we know FIFA and FM are always good indications of how a player will do in real life.

20. seanm

Exactly mate spot on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.