1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Why? He's clearly seething, and rightly so.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Clearly wanted to play and go after..

3. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

When’s the Australian game date ?

4. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Not disputing that. Just don’t think he should feel pressured into doing it.

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Why do you think he felt pressured and didn’t just want to off his own back?

Seán Mac D and Cupid Stunt like this.
  6. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Don't think he's been pressured into commenting. His national association have acted like fannies and * off one of their star players. He's rightly furious.

LectersLuncheon and Cupid Stunt like this.
  7. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I think if he didn’t feel pressured he wouldn’t have wrote that.
    I’m not necessarily blaming us or the Aussie FA. It’s probably just the way things are now.

8. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Not the first time the Asian Cup has been held at this time of year. In fact, am sure you will recall that both Ki and Cha Du-Ri were called up for this when they were Celtic players, same with Ambrose and Wanyama etc, for the African Cup of Nations.

As for why it's being played now, as it's being held in the UAE, it makes sense to not be playing it in the middle of the summer. Just like the next WC has now been moved to play in November and December 2022.

Jordan have defeated Australia twice in recent WC Qualifiers. Australia have then defeated them in the return legs comprehensively, but it does at least underline a danger. In a tournament in a one off game, in conditions more similiar to what they are in Jordan compared to what they are in Australia, then it does give a little pause for concern for those involved in the FFA and the Socceroos management team.

Like all of us, I'm frustrated with the situation and not saying that the way this has been handled has been at all in the best interests of any of the related parties, and as Celtic fan, first and foremost. would prefer this was not happening, but it is, FIFA rules being what they are and not much we can do about it.

Aussie_Dan likes this.
  9. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    What?!!!!!! :eek1:

You must be kidding. Seriously? That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. How the blazes will that work?

Liam Scales likes this.
  10. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Nope, that is FIFA for you. They made the decision to award the next WC to Qatar, which was seriously questionable in the first place. Had a friend of mine who was contracted early on to work on the stadium developments there, and there were so many discussions about making them fully enclosed and making the entire stadium air conditioned, which is completely bonkers! But in a country that has effectively bought the rights to host World Cup, money is not an obsticle. Considering the numbers of people that travel from all over the world and trying to contend and cope with the sheer heat (averaging approx 40°C in that region has during the summer months) is just insane. Although there had been discussion before now, it wasn't until July 2018 that it was confirmed that the schedule will be Nov-Dec 2022.

What that will mean for domestic competitions across Europe, I don't know what discussions have been taken about that as yet.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/so...firm-dates-for-2022-qatar-world-cup-1.3564088

Liam Scales likes this.
  11. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Well now thats both an ex cap and tim in mcdonald and now the player himself...

So with all respect, can our aussie tims pls put this "we need to respect the asia cup" pish to bed. He would be losing out on a * friendly with oman.

The player himself will be resenting whoever forced this pishy decision and australia certainly havent made any freinds at our club or at hibs.

Tom arnold or whatever the * his name is should be walked back to the car park next time he shows up at lennoxtown

12. Murph-E

Asian Cup has * up with Rogic, but it has BADLY * Hibs for that Edinburgh Derby. Maclaren, Boyle and Milligan all called up on top of Stevenson, Porteous and Bartley being out injured.

Still think both teams will win tomorrow regardless. Waking up to watch us, heading to Solitude after for Cliftonville vs Linfield, then back in time for Hibs vs Hearts. Make mine a treble.

13. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

A friendly, we pay his wages ffs

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  14. MAP

Furious?

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Australia are set to add insult to injury to Celtic by resting Tom Rogic for their final warm-up game before the Asian Cup.

Celtic are unhappy that they won't be able to call upon the inspirational midfielder for the Old Firm showdown at Ibrox against Rangers.

Rogic posted a social media message to apologise to Celtic fans for missing the game and insisted the decision had been taken out of his hands.

Australia had stressed they wanted all of their squad to prepare for the defence of the Asian Cup in the UAE and ordered Rogic to miss the Old Firm game.

They face Oman tomorrow in their final friendly before the start of the tournament, but manager Graham Arnold has revealed that Rogic may not now even be used in the match.

He said: "I'm looking to get some minutes for those players who haven't had much involvement at their clubs recently

The position with Tom is that it's all over now. He's here and he's happy.

Of course he wanted to play in the Old Firm derby and that's completely understandable but you can't please everyone.

"I would also point out that I had a couple of phone calls from other managers to thank me for letting the players stay behind and play that one extra match to help them win games so I made a lot of managers happy.

"All I can say is that the whole situation was explained well in advance and at the same time I had one rule and I saw that as the fairest way."

16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    What a * joke this is. :38:

17. themouth1888

Rogic loves a hun skelp but he has been badly out of form recently so maybe takes away a difficult decision from Rodgers.

clonbhoy likes this.
  18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Who is Graham Arnold when he’s at hame?

I don’t like the tone of his chat. Hun *.

19. joemc

Seems there are some forces at play here when you here other nations are being allowed to keep their players till the 30th ,maybe there are some connections was the Aussie manager and slippy or rangers .

PEI#1 likes this.
  20. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    He must have connections with Hearts and Fulham as well then as he has upset Hibs and Huddersfield as well.

Though they have now seen sense with Mooy.