1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone here use a VPN ?

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by carraigbhoy, Nov 11, 2018.

Discuss Anyone here use a VPN ? in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. carraigbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Anyone here who uses a mag box for IPTV will know now that the major broadband companies have started blocking signals, my service provider is recommending that we fit a VPN ?? anyone here using one at the moment ? just wondering about costs and effectiveness ?

2. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Think they're normally just a few quid a month. Don't have one myself but i've been looking into it a bit recently.

I hear that NordVPN is meant to be good.

carraigbhoy likes this.
  3. carraigbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Thanks Mick, I just ordered one of eBay there for £35.99 which includes a years sub, and guaranteed £15 for next year, hope it solves the mag box issue, it just cut out in the middle of the first half today :31:

4. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    There is a thing called SmartDNS, check Overplay.net alternative to VPN when you connect to VPN all your traffic is VPN which might be slow in some cases, with SmartDNS only when you connect to specific services does it mask your traffic.