1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Seriosuly, what is your problem? Did I make up the rules?

2. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    No you said the guy isn't Irish. Not that he wasn't registered. It is a general point not specifically about Rice.

If you had said he isn't already registered for Ireland so the rules do not comply in the same way that would have been a different post.

clonbhoy likes this.
  3. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    He was born in London. I'm not aware of him ever declaring himself Irish, hence my statement he isn't Irish.

4. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    But he hasn't declared himself as Irish to fifa. Until he does so in football terms he has no nationality

5. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Anything there in the rules as mentioned previously about being suspended for retiring?

6. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Again that is not what was said in the post I responded to.

7. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Homeless?

8. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I don't remember seeing anything in the rules sayng you can declare yourself retired.I think it is just generally accepted that managers won't call up someone that has "retired" because they don't want players that don't want to be there, but technicaly they still could.

9. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    That's not the way i read that post.
    He already let 11 of 23 squad then mentions that he wont allow BR to pressure him to let Rogic play on 29th.

10. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    That was for an injury, totally different situation.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  11. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    So basically the player has no choice but to play for his country.
    So, what if a player says to FIFA that he will not play for any international country whatsoever, what are FIFA going to do? Order him to play !!
    Tell FIFA to * off.
    Like to see FIFA * over in CAS for trying to do so.

12. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    If a player hasn't already declared for a nation I can't see FIFA having a problem with a player saying they won't play for any country, but who knows with them.

13. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Because he’s already letting him as one of the 11 play on 26th

14. MAP

Bit of fuel for the fire:

"In the race to fight back against Sutton’s remarks – which compared the value of an Old Firm derby to Australia’s opening Asian Cup game against Jordan – the subsequent insults cut even deeper.

As Australian fans bit back, Sutton was defended by many, who continued to bait Australia about the “Mickey Mouse” tournament taking place next month. It was patently obvious that a nerve had been struck.

Of course, the pathetic, blokey punditry that pervades much of tabloid TV in the United Kingdom seldom delivers much better analysis than this. And when it does – Gary Neville and Thierry Henry, for example – you nearly fall off your chair.

To many, that is all the comment was and should be – a throwaway line of banter, delivered with some hopeless wisecrack about XXXX. It’s still 1987, isn’t it?

But the standard you walk past is the standard you accept. And if Sutton’s remarks go unchallenged, it becomes perfectly acceptable for the next idiot to say the same.

The Old Firm is a magnificent sporting fixture by any measure, but to be champions of the world’s most populous continent is a title that ranks among this nation’s greatest sporting achievements.

We are up against half the world, in effect, every time we venture into the Asian Cup – a tournament that has delivered us immeasurable embarrassment, stunning heartache and extraordinary ecstasy. And that's just in our first three attempts.

Sutton’s comments that Australia should obliterate Jordan with or without Tom Rogic offer a withering insight into how the rest of the world views Asian football: some sort of cheap joke.

I trust that somebody has pointed out to Sutton that Jordan blew Australia apart 2-0 in 2015 – doubling down on the 2-1 win in 2012.

I’m sure he will construe that into a broader weakness of Australia’s national team, but I remember both games and was mesmerised by the Jordanians’ pace and movement. I dare say, had Sutton seen the games, he would be too.

They are our biggest threat in the group stage of this Asian Cup. We are hardly assured of a win and no certainty of a draw.

Over-confidence was the reason we fell apart in the 2007 Asian Cup, drawing with Oman and losing to Iraq in the first two matches. It will be our downfall again if we carry any traces of the same attitude.

It’s not for Sutton to care how Australia performs in the coming weeks, but it is for us to care. And care we do.

The Socceroos are not only Australia’s most followed sporting team but also the most important.

Victory over India in the cricket would be great, but the nation is - if we're being honest - more interested in the behaviour of the team than the outcome.

And just getting through the group stage will require all hands on deck. Ideally, that means having our best team to choose from, which would include both Rogic and Aaron Mooy.

If we lose one, or both, so be it. Those are the breaks. But the Australian national team owe those clubs nothing. Zero. Zilch. Heaven knows we’ve been bent over backwards by them for decades now.

The fact is the Asian Cup is a seriously big tournament, bringing with it an international prestige that our sport desperately needs.

Although we lifted the trophy in 2015, winning it away from home is a fulsome test of our footballing nation. It’s where we get to measure ourselves against the best of our region and find out where we truly rank.

And we’ll be damned if anybody gets in the way of that, least of all somebody who probably doesn’t even know where our continent starts and ends."

Aussie_Dan and StPauli1916 like this.
  15. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    As somebody mentioned earlier, a 10 day warm up camp to prepare for Jordan, Palestine and Syria :56: :56: :56:

Pretty sure the squad could rock up on New Years Day, five days before the tournament and be grand.

16. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    You could probably make a similar point about our game on the 29th though Marty. Do we really need Rogic to beat that lot :fear:.

17. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Thanks
    Didnt know that when i posted

Spring Time likes this.
  18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Is that who they’ve got? A ten minute warmup would be grand, never mind ten days. :56:

Marty McFly likes this.
  19. dmccourt95

Hope they get * out the groups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    aye and the club owes australia nothing either, but I'm sure if he was playing in the premier league and in a london or manchester derby he would be saying the same thing? of course not, would love to reply to the article but unfortunately a kangaroo * reported me on twitter for saying Martin * Boyle is their best player lol