1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. georgiebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mc stay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    There went at least 3 crosses into the box in second half that yiu just know griff woukd have buried

2. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    So until he gets up to speed what do we do ? I get what you're saying but that type of development usually gets done from the reserve team, not as our only option when we're going for so much this season.....oh by the way he's far from being the only player we bought who failed to nail the strikers position down well....our history is awash with bad buys as I'm sure you know.

3. Pearse67*

Hoping to * celtic have strikers identified already, not waiting til 9.15 on the 31st january ffs

4. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

These French boys have got ideas above their stations mate. Shocking attitudes. I actually thought Eddy had a bit more of a burst about him but he’s just as bad as the other 2. Think they’re too good for Celtic to be honest and it shines through, especially when the chips are down, they don’t give a *.

I’m willing to give Ed a bit more time but Ntcham is done here as far as I’m concerned. Can count the good games he’s had on one hand. Doesn’t give a *.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    They 100% have attitude problems mate..

I rate Ntcham highly but he's downed it for me. Brendan probably knows this which is why he was hooked half time at Fir Park..

I rate him highly but after today and no trying, as well as deliberately getting sent off at St Mirren, involved everytime we've been bullied and lost points domestically this season.....he can go in January. I want him out without a doubt and have a feeling we'll cash in..

Edouard deserves time because he's doing it alone and for the first time. He needs to seriously buck up as he's nowhere near good enough, or as good as he thinks he is to stroll through game's trying to hang on to the ball..

Pearse67* and Doogs. like this.
  6. Henke102

Think Agents etc are putting ideas into Ntcham and Edouards heads about the possibility of big money moves to the big European leagues...If that is what they want they will have to work their arses off for us and also show in Internationals like Moussa done with France.

We clearly need some support for Edouard up top, and buying strikers is now an expensive business unless willing to take gambles at lower priced players, January recruitment is vital

7. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Spot on mate agree with every word.

Said it before Ntcham came back in, he’d * our rythm up, so laid back it’s just not the way we want to play. Give me 10 Ryan Christie’s before the big lazy *.

Eddy needs time, Olivier has had plenty. Cash in while we can 100%.

Seán Mac D and McChiellini.. like this.
  8. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Alright fair enough. Actually was thinking he was 20 when typing but still doesn’t change the principal of the point being made. Still a pup as far as strikers go and still learning his trade. Up front is a whole different game from the rest except goalie. He needs someone experienced to ease the pressure and if he was the finished article he would be in PSG first team.

9. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Aye big Ed does want too many touches, especially around box.

I do believe he has the Sevco defence on toast though.

10. ArminCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Amido Balde didn't die for this.

Captain Brown likes this.
  11. Popes 11 Guest

I don't have the same vision of him the Brendan has, doesn't do enougth for me needs to muscle out opposition, come back and make space for a pass, first touch so so, not the same player since his his pal left us, and takes too many touches for my liking. Needs too seriously up his game and consistency its nowhere good enough , ok for me to say all this but somethings just not quite right for me with him. Must do better!

Jeannie960 likes this.
  12. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Personally I really don't rate him all that much. He's one of those players who occasionally shows flashes of promise but just not consistently enough. Who knows he might make it big but I doubt it will be with us. He seems to lack heart and aggression.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  13. oh bhoy

There is only so much a striker can do it when he ain't getting the service,I see nothing wrong with his attitude or ability.

14. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    He had plenty service today but his movement in the box is simply awful! Hid behind defenders.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He’s class..

Just needs to improve aspects of his game, mainly his decision making.

16. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Totally agree and the experience he is gaining now is going to see him through down the line. I’m still thinking of his goal against the huns. Bad players don’t score like that and he was brimming with confidence that day.

JC Anton likes this.
  17. oh bhoy

The balls into the box were atrocious ,its nowhere near good enough to send a ball in hoping somebody will get on the end of it

18. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    He hid behind the defender at every single one. Could see Forrest and Sinclair try to find him. Plenty of good balls into dangerous areas. He won't gamble at all. I like edouard but if he's gonna be a centre forward he needs to learn to be braver and make these runs.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

19. oh bhoy

Well exactly Forrest and Sinclair were trying to find him and couldn't do it, it ain't good enough to stick a ball into an area when there's nobody there if he was missing chance after chance i could maybe understand the criticism ,I can only remember him having one shot today and he wasn't too far away with it

20. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    That's the point though! He wasn't making himself available!! Hiding!!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk