1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    I always think he is better coming off the bench to impact, seems like he does better coming on around 65-70mins.

2. wulliebad

Go show me the post where i said his free kicks were as good as nakas......because i do not remember ever saying that.
    i said we are dropping points because of lack of goals and of course he is part of that as a striker but not the only reason.
    We have tried to change his game and its hurting his game imo,his stats before this seaon for goals per mins played was one of the best at the club for a long time,now look at him.

Im sick of this club dropping players and then giving them a game after * ages not playing and they get slagged and then dropped again...BR has his fav 11 and hates dropping them.

3. wulliebad

Before this season his goals per min were through the roof and it is not just his 40 season.....its since he signed.

4. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    We are not talking about HIS goals, we know he has a goal in him but when he is not scoring in a game he is offering nothing else really, which means we should rely on him having an individually good day to bag us goals? Or we get a striker who offers more and goal.

5. wulliebad

He offers nothing...? you are being very unkind to him,there has been more than a few games he has come of the bench and the team has been much better with him in the side.

6. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    We wouldn’t have had any chance of qualifying for the next stage of the Europa if it wasn’t for him. He hasn’t played consistently in a while and on a night when hardly anybody played well, you can’t judge him.

7. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    As I said he seems to do well coming on as an impact sub, maybe a mentality thing to prove himself over and over.

8. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    A yesterday’s man as far as I’m concerned.

I always thought we were a far more dangerous outfit with him in the team.

I think he’s unprofessional at times and needs to pull his thumb out his *.

Last nights penalty was a prime example.
    Score and seal the game...* aw this tying scarfs round posts and the like...step up before you do aw that *.

The IRA likes this.
  9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

You just want him to smash it, the way he hits a free kick. Lacklustre pen as was his overall performance. Edouard wasn’t much better when he came on, his hold up play almost cost us a goal.

Sonic Reducer and The IRA like this.
  10. CountyDownFaithful

Always been a Griffiths fan but of late he hasn't shown anything apart from the odd goal here and there. Yes strikers need to score but off the ball they have to do a job for the team and for me Griffiths doesn't have the presence or movement to offer this. Might be down to the fact he hasn't been fully fit and struggled for a run of games. Edouard is a far better option but I really think we need to sign a proven striker in January as we cannot pin all of our hopes on Edouard who still has a lot to learn.

11. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Injuries have ruined him. He's got the skill to be a very very good striker but like many Scottish players for one reason or another he'll never achieve his full potential.

Keep him as backup as long as he wants to be here but we definitely need a capable 3rd striker.

12. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Very fickle fans here, Griffiths will come food and have a lot of people eating their words. His quality isn't in doubt whatsoever for me, goalscoring and link up play,a run of mibutes while stayong fit and he will be doing the business

StPauli1916 and Rydo1888* like this.
  13. Keano88

Leigh Griffiths taunts Rangers as Celtic star insists his toughest task at Ibrox is getting past the bouncers

He said: “I got into bother at Linfield (in the Champions League qualifiers) then unfortunately for me they had two stewards on the posts (at Ibrox).

“It’s probably the closest I’ve been marked at Ibrox. It was very difficult to put another one there. But listen, it’s a bit of banter at the end of the day.

“Guys have short memories. I read somewhere that Rangers did the huddle at Celtic Park in 1999.

“Celtic fans had to endure that so it gets us a little bit of payback.”

14. Keano88

Brilliant from Griff :84:

Rydo1888* and The IRA like this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Leigh Griffiths has fired a shot at rivals Rangers by claiming his toughest task at Ibrox is getting past the bouncers on the posts.

The Celtic striker is already eyeing the December 29 clash and he insisted he won’t be paying any attention to the celebrations clampdown or the threat of Hoops fans rejecting their slashed allocation.

Griffiths reckons Scotland’s champions are only serving up some payback to Rangers for lording it over their fierce foes in the 90s.

But he admitted he’ll find it tough to keep up his party piece of tying a scarf around the posts if his men steal a march in the title race.

Griffiths repeated his trick at Hampden after the recent Betfred Cup Final win against Aberdeen but was blocked when he tried to make his mark in Govan last season.

He said: “I got into bother at Linfield (in the Champions League qualifiers) then unfortunately for me they had two stewards on the posts (at Ibrox).

It was very difficult to put another one there. But listen, it’s a bit of banter at the end of the day.

“Guys have short memories. I read somewhere that Rangers did the huddle at Celtic Park in 1999.

“Celtic fans had to endure that so it gets us a little bit of payback.”

Police Scotland have already warned the clubs not to do laps of honour after victories following Rangers fans reacting furiously to the Celtic celebrations following the 1-0 win at Parkhead earlier in the season.

But Griffiths insisted the cop calls won’t stop the Hoops if they can land a blow on their Premiership title rivals.

He said: “Listen if you sent a DVD of every single home showing what we do at the end each time they’d see that we do that after every game

“The gaffer has already touched on that. Win, lose or draw we go around and show our appreciation.

“It’s one thing they’re going to moan about especially if we win. We take it on the chin and continue doing what we do.”

Celtic have threatened to reject their reduced allocation of 800 tickets for Ibrox amid safety fears.

Griffiths would love to have the backing of a bouncing Hoops section but he insisted he will be out to silence the home crowd regardless when the Glasgow pair clash over Christmas.

The 28-year-old said: “We hope they go, although everyone seems to be cutting allocations now.

“You always want your supporters there to make a bit of noise and to give the team a bit of backing.

“It would feel weird at Ibrox but there will be a great atmosphere and the ground will be rocking.

“We do what we do on the pitch. We don’t do our talking off it.

“We go there, we do our job professionally and get three points.

“Regardless of whether we have 10 men or 11 men, 7,500 fans or 800 fans, we will go there and be competitive, be professional and do our talking on the pitch.”

Griffiths reckons the Ibrox showdown would be the perfect way to sign off 2018 at the end of a crucial December.

Celtic are gearing up for Thursday’s Europa League crunch clash with Red Bull Salzburg for a place in the knockout stages, with Hibs up on Sunday and a trip to Aberdeen on Boxing Day all to deal with before going to Govan.

Griffiths said: “I wouldn’t say December will define the season but it’ll stand us in good stead.

“If we can go through the month unbeaten it’ll be great for us.

“We have a trophy in the bank, could advance to the last 32 of the Europa League and hopefully have a lead at the top of the table.

“But we’ve got a lot of tough games still to come.”

The big European night at Parkhead is the main focus with Celts just needing a point against the Red Bull big guns to qualify.

Griffiths said: “We knew having beaten Leipzig at home we had to come and win the last two games to have a chance of going through.

We went to Norway, got the result. It’s all set up for Thursday.”

bagforlife, Rydo1888* and Liam Scales like this.
  16. Mr. Slippyfist

Good on him.

About time someone piped up and stopped pandering to these rotten-faced * playing the victim because they cannot refrain from acting like Neanderthals incitinf violence because a team dares to celebrate a victory.

* clowns.

17. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yaaaassssssssss

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Guy has over 100 goals for us. First person to do that since John Hartson, better than a 1 in 2 record for us.

How exactly has he ‘not stepped up’ for Celtic?

Rydo1888* and Saul Goodman like this.
  19. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Ssshhhhh.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I’ve picked up many tricolours in my time and waved it at Huns.

I’d also have buried that penalty against Motherwell and really screwed the Huns up when I know it really mattered.

Or I’d have given the ball to a player who knows what to do with the penalty when given the chance.

He’s screwed up far too many penalties for my likings...That’s all I’m saying ;-).

Lewis Kerr likes this.