1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Treble

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Ciaran_67, Sep 24, 2018.

Discuss Another Treble in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Its nowhere near the stratosphere of being impossible. but you can not look at in isolation. Its the idea of winning the treble as many times in 3 years as we have in the rest of our 131 year history where you think something has to give.

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I make it sound a lot harder than it is?

How many teams have done it once? Forget the 3 times in a row we’re going for :56:

Liam Scales likes this.
  3. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    IF we beat aberdeen , i really think its possible , slow start to the season and injury hit sqaud so far

IF we recruit properly and well in january i reckon this could be done

4. jamiebhoy67

Was making this point on train home on sunday see if this is us in "turmoil" as the scottish media would have us believe a depletwd squad off form being skelped away in europe and "embrassing" scottish teams according to phone ins and pundits then whats gonna happen now when we get a full squad to choose from we hit some form no injuries we win our 2 European home games win the final take a point in rosenborg and recruit well in january top of the league come the huns game then where do the scottish media go what are the huns gonna shout about are we gonna be sprawled iver the papers day in day out being hailed as the historic world beaters the way hearts have been and the huns have been because i camt wait to bite back for weeks now feels like every one has had a bite at celtic and every second story in the papers is spun negatively iv even heard celtic fans saying rodgers can go.

So if all iv said does happen which i think it will i can't wait to see the huns collapse daft craig levien get sacked and all of these pundits back track on stuff they have said commons included * the huns the celtic are coming to defend our treble

shaunbhoy67 likes this.
  5. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Thing is, mate, with two already, the relevant probabilty is now the probabilty of one. The a priori probability of 3iar is irrelevant now. If you have to roll a six 9 times but you already did 6, the probability is that of rolling 3iar, not 9.

Actually, that underestimates our chances, because we will win the league (let's not indulge in false humility: a challenge will come at some point, perhaps as early as next season; but it clearly won't be this season). So in fact, for practical purposes, we have 7 of 9 already.

Now it will be * difficult and looking at how rare a treble is historically, I rate our chances at less than 50/50; but not unrealistically low. A treble is a realistic target that we really should be aiming for.

aliceinsound likes this.
  6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Get all of that but my point to people getting ahead of themselves is don’t assume we are going to win 3 trophies this season as disregarding the arrogance of it, it’s not the norm to be achieving what we currently are. In fact it’s so far from the norm it is virtually impossible in general terms.

It is the relentless nature of Rodgers that is driving this and I agree we are favourites for the League Cup and we will win the League. But let’s never discount the variables of which there are thousands!

7. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    100% agree, mate.

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Rodgers very quickly identified Hampden as being like a home fixture for us, praising the stadium, pitch etc.. making comments on how the surface and width suits us down to a tee. Whilst simultaneously praising whoever we were facing in a Semi or Final.. saying what a good job they were doing etc.. look at the way Pedro greeted him before that particular pumping, like a mate he hadn't seen for ages. Has wee 'Derek' eating out his hand in the build up , praising him to the hilt whilst in turn demolish them on the park.

It allows us to be confident and expressive, whilst our opponents are almost beaten before they begin, a subdued manager and players who know they're inferior.

Hampden has been a physiological masterclass from BR.

If we get to the Scottish Cup Semi I'm almost 100% confident we would see a triple treble. However a trip to Ibrox, Tynecastle, Easter Rd or Killie in one of the earlier rounds would defo be competitive and nothing would be guaranteed.

9. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Never mind the Triple Treble. Lets go for 11IAR season 7IAR Treble making us most successful club in Scotland

shaunbhoy67 likes this.
  10. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    the only team who will deny us this will be ourselves

Liam Scales, Raoul Duke and Drakhan like this.
  11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

:56:

12. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Weve got a few injuries stacking up but Brendan is good at squad management , one goes out , you saw Christie coming in and step up big at weekend looking like a new player. also got Morgan etc, and main players such as Rogic,Forrest,Mcgregor axis wee bit light upfront still though if we want to rotate strikers and bring in another quality option.

We will need to bring in some quality in January though thats a given, to kick on and especially going into next summer.

13. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I've always thought it was a distinct possibility. I don't think i've ever thought this before but for me Europe is a bonus this year......a possible treble treble's is that big in my eyes!! Ideally we go into NY with the first in the bag and a wee cushion at the top would be nice.....personally think it will be Hibs and the orcs chasing us!!

Call it arogance if you will but we did it last year without being at the top of our game for a good part of it and i'm also fully respectful of the opposition.i.e.

beating Aberdeen is not a guarantee if we show some of that poor early season stuff and

there are a few away ties in the Scottish Cup where we would have to play well to come away with a result!!

BUT we're sitting pretty decent after a relatively poor start, for us, and we now look like we're clicking into gear!!!

14. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The biggest factor in winning another Treble will be down to the hunger/desire of the players.

Winning a treble is not easy.. we have now done it back to back.. i am sure we have the players to get another and the only question is whether they themselves have the mindset & concentration levels required to see it through. History waiting to be written

15. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We're winning it and it's gonna be so easy :smoke:

16. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    1/3 done.

I love bumping this thread as a reminder. I’ve been right on everything so far *.

Aidan O’Shea and Rydo1888* like this.
  17. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Only an extremely tough away draw in the Scottish cup and the mother of all off days will stop us doing it again. We will beat anyone at home or Hampden. League will be won by at least a dozen points.

18. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    After we win the treble this season i hope we are still in Europe which means we are in the Europa League final.
    Win that and the following season we will be straight into CL GS with an immediate coefficient point award of 4 points before a game has been played and approx £20m in the coffers straight away.

19. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    IToldYouSoCSC

Treble never in doubt this year.

Moore, Keano88 and leeso-ardoyne like this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Get this guy a blue Peter badge..