1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ronny Deila Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Glasgow_Bhoy88, Jun 6, 2014.

Discuss The Ronny Deila Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. vortex666

He keeps talking about how the pressure got to him. He managed us for 2 years without sevco . My memory of ronny will always be he was one of the managers that was here when we eventually get ten in a row But * me he nearly turned a one horse race into a title Challenge

2. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Think his biggest legacy might be the Scotland national team. It was under him we signed and developed so many young Scottish players.
    Give him the job after McCleish packs it in

3. Norm Peterson

That's a very good point, Stainsey. I never considered that.

4. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Why wait?
    Give it him now, out the alky *.

Doogs. likes this.
  5. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Here that is a great point btw, Callum, Jamesy, Griff, Armstrong are by far Scotland’s best players.

6. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Mgregor,tierney,rogic ,henderson all brought into first team.Signed armstrong,ajer,christie,boyata,roberts.Not bad going.He definently had an eye for younger players and wasnt scared to play them.You always hear about how this or that manager banging on about bringing youth through and developing the younger players,for it to turn out all a load a guff.Ronny actaully did bring through players.

The67Sound likes this.
  7. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Tierney’s not bad either.

8. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Whoops :56:

How could I forget him ffs.

9. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

I always think it's important to not only judge managers based on results but what they do for the team as a whole. There's a * of a lot of managers out there who're good at getting results, but how many can bring through young players and develop a team that benefits the long term? I mean we still have quite a lot of players who were here under Deila and we're reaping the benefits now from the work he's done. I remember people couldn't really see why McGregor for example was such an initial favourite for Ronny and to be honest he was up and down with his performances. While Rogic really became one of our key men under Ronny too. He also brought in Armstrong and we ended up making a decent profit on him. Without Ronny bringing these players through it would have made Rodgers job a bit harder from the start.

10. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Without Ronny bringing these players through it would have made Rodgers job a bit harder from the start.

A BIT HARDER????:97:

11. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Ok a lot harder. :giggle1:

12. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Never thought of that, great point!

Gave McGregor and Tierney their debuts, persisted with an inconsistent and injury ravaged Forrest, tried to fix Griffs flaws, signed Armstrong and GMS, brought Gordon in from near retirement - he really did do his bit for the national team thinking about it.

Credit him with bringing Rogic back in as well.

13. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Bring him home:67:

14. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Although it did not work out for him as manager (in part due to cheating * players and refs) , he brought the young core of our side together.

Keano88 likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

RONNY DEILA left Celtic two and a half years ago to make way for the introduction of Brendan Rodgers.
    During his time in Glasgow the Norwegian won two league titles, was robbed of a treble and became famous for his roar.

Sitting as the Valerenga boss now, the former Celtic manager has nothing but good things to say about the club. Taking time out of his hectic pre-season schedule to speak to Celtsarehere.com the Norwegian spoke about his goals this season with Valerenga, his sadness for Celtic that Brendan Rodgers decided to move on as well as interesting comments on Peter Lawwell.

Speaking about his hopes for the season Ronny is looking to keep improving with his steady climb up the league table.

“We’re having a long pre-season here in Norway but in three weeks we start again” Deila told Celtsarehere.com.
    “We hope for top four this season, we’ve gone from 10th, 8th and last season 6 so we want to challenge for a European place “
    “You need to win the cup or be top three, if one of the top three win the cup the last Euro place goes to fourth.”

News broke this week that Efrain Juarez, a former Neil Lennon signing had made the move to Valerenga to join up with Ronny.

An unlikely former Celtic duo BUT had it not been for their Parkhead connection Juarez would never have made the move.

Ronny told us it was a Chance meeting while on holiday that made this happen.

“I was on vacation in Mexico, Cancun in December and I was in a shopping centre when a guy came over to me and asked if I was Ronny Deila and this guy was Efrain.
    “He said he had played for Celtic and he knew me from my time as the Celtic manager
    “We started to talk and we were together for a few days with families. His wife is from Belgium and she wanted to be closer to family and Efrain wanted a new adventure.
    “I said we need a right back, he played a lot of his career at right back, so he came to the training camp and did good and after that, we agreed a one-year deal to sign him.
    “We would never have met had it not been for our connection with Celtic”
    “He has much more experience, he was very young at Celtic, he said he started very good but didn’t act good enough professionally”

When it came to Brendan Rodgers, Ronny found it hard to stick the boot in to the Irishman but admitted he was very sad to find out he had left Celtic.

“I’m very sad for Celtic because he did an unbelievably good job. It’s important to have consistency at the club – especially Celtic who are going for ten in a row.
    “At the same time, he’s been so good for Celtic he was always going to have a lot of offers.”

Deila did make the admission he was surprised Rodgers chose to go to Leicester and believed he should have aimed higher.

“I think he’s so good he could have managed a top four or five club down south straight from Celtic and not went to Leicester.
    “I was surprised, timing in football is not easy, the job in summer might be gone – this was a job that Brendan wanted but it’s sad for Celtic – at the same time they’ve made a good appointment with Neil Lennon and John Kennedy.”

The former Celtic manager was glowing in his praise for John Kennedy who he had at the club when he was making the decision.

“I had him as my assistant, he was a really good person for me and good coach
    “He is really talented, he’s a very good person and he loves Celtic. He and Neil Lennon together is a very good choice when Brendan left.”

A lot of the Celtic support give Peter Lawwell stick and many put down Rodgers hasty exit to the chief executive refusing to budge with finances at the club in certain aspects. Peter Lawwell once had to break the news to Ronny his contract wouldn’t be renewed but there’s no hard feelings from the Norwegian and believes the chief executive is a great leader.

“Peter Lawwell is an unbelievably good leader. The job Peter does for the club is very important and the consistency he brings in the role is also great for the club.
    “Even though Brendan had left, I knew Celtic would be in good hands with Peter.
    “The Celtic fans should be praising him, he has the club very well organised and keeps control of the clubs spending, you just have to look at the last ten years with Rangers to know he’s doing a good job.
    “The club is like a machine”.

And finally on whether he’d be back for ten in a row.

“Whatever happens, I’m over once or twice a year, I love the city and I come over and meet with some good friends”

https://celtsarehere.com/celtsarehe...awwell-john-kennedy-brendan-rodgers-and-more/

Marie and CookieMonster like this.
  17. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

Mental to think he’s my biological da

scotsbhoy1 and Cena like this.
  18. Keano88

Yer welcome back any time Ronnie :50:

Brought in Ajer, Christie and Armstrong.

Promoted KT and Calmac.

Gave Tom Rogic his chance and healed wee Jamesy Forrest’s hamstrings.

What a man :notworthy

Taz, Rydo1888* and Lilac Wine like this.
  19. Gully Sands

Fav Celtic Song:
    SAM song
    The hero we need and deserve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

A gentleman. The pressure of the job was too much for him but at least he never claimed to be something he wasn't. Never has a bad thing to say about us either.

Taz, Rydo1888* and Marie like this.