1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Podcasting, blogging, Youtubing

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Lecs, Nov 25, 2018.

Discuss Podcasting, blogging, Youtubing in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lecs

Anybody ever done any of the above? Always wanted to do something true crime/mystery related but have never got started.

Thinking of getting into it though, seems quite cool.

Imagine being a YouTuber or something as a full time job. * gallus.

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Not for me, but no harm in giving it a go. Takes a lot of effort and a bit of luck to be able to do YouTube as your full time job though.

Lecs likes this.
  3. celtic warrior

Everything I hear is about YouTube not being as "easy" as it once was people still put their content on their but also do alot of live streaming events, setting up their own website and creating patreon accounts to make easier for viewers to give money to the content provider.

It's mental how much goes into it now, as long as you've got a good cult fan base, I see some guys like Cultaholic bring in obscene amounts of money during their live streams.

Lecs likes this.
  4. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

To succeed you need to have a very engaging personality, be doing something unique or better than is already being done as well as putting in a lot of effort to build what is essentially your brand.

Some people get lucky and just become sensations, many others give up after a few months.

Lecs and Artorias like this.
  5. Norm Peterson

I think it was Castle on here, he has a load of YouTube videos of his magic performances over in Dublin. They've a decent amount of views, and I'm sure he mentioned he gets a small amount of royalties for them. :50:

6. M 67

Been tempted to fire up some gaming streams but don’t really know where to start :43: anyone got ideas? I have twitch already downloaded but don’t know how I’d even start it or where folk would see it?

Lecs likes this.
  7. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

I've thought about it a number of times but like many of you say it's hard to know where or how to get started as well as acknowledging the amount of work that goes into it, how you'd find the time. Also then there's knowing what exactly to do. A few ideas I had were playing classic and older games maybe that a lot of people haven't played in a while but not entirely sure how popular that would be. Also over the last while I'm not really as big into gaming as I once was so I think it could just end up being a chore for me and I'd end up hating both playing games and creating videos.

I kinda wish I'd have gotten into it back in 2010 or 2011 back when I was playing FIFA, MW2 and games like that. I watched loads of gamers on youtube back then and always thought it was something I could do.

Lecs likes this.
  8. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Going to be honest, the boats probably sailed already on this one.

Trying to get noticed now while by neigh on impossible. Youtube also changed their algorithms such that your video needs to be a min of 10mins long to make any money from. I'm sure you need a couple of hundred thousand+ views to make about £100pm.

Really depends what you want your end game to be. Make money, or do something fun for you and if people watch then it's win/win.

Lecs and Callum McGregor like this.
  9. James Gold Member Gold Member

Lassie i went to school with is a youtuber mental thats your job full time travels the world almost daily. Think BBC are doing a documentary about her soon

Lecs likes this.
  10. leeso-ardoyne

Know a fella set up a facebook live/ group and was advising people on how to run their business better. 1900euro a year hes charging and now has over 200 people in the group and climbing. Do the sums, not bad aul business move he did on there.

Lecs likes this.
  11. Lecs

There's a few guys who give advice on how to set it all up and get views and stuff like that. One guy in particular is good. Pat Flynn his name is. American bloke.

I think as everybody says it is difficult to break into it and actually make money out of it. But if you start it out as something that you enjoy that is fun there is no harm in it. That's my thinking anyway.

Good escapism worst case scenario.

Fontaine likes this.
  12. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Let us all know how you get on mate.

Lecs likes this.
  13. Lecs

Cheers mate I will do!!

Fontaine likes this.