1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Wee Jays thread

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Twisty, Jan 17, 2015.

Discuss Wee Jays thread in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    thanks for that :50:

2. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

:62:love wee jay!

Fair play big Sammy! :shamrock:

3. JimMc

I don't follow his or read anyone's facebook or twitter to comment in context of if 'icky' or not. I think most good parents are that way on their own kids, but are reluctant to express their feelings more for fear of supposed society norms and kids peer groups.
    Words on paper are just words and can be read a number of ways, ironically the way we read and conclude meaning from them relies mostly on the way our own brains and mindset works, not on the writers.

All I do know is that if you live with someone with Downs it is difficult not to be a little more than enthusiastic about them, as they are generally so much nicer than 'supposed normal folks' more positive and more fun to know and be around. Include myself in that, in comparison I know I just can't be as trusting open and genuinely nice and positive as someone with the DNA differences that is Downs.
    A generalization and overview I believe from knowing one individual with Downs syndrome for years and many others by default, is that very small difference in the DNA is a wonderous part of human nature.

bagforlife and packybhoy like this.
  4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Acknowledge that. I don't follow them either.

Just think at points I've seen some posts and thought "that never happened".

Bayern Bru likes this.
  5. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

He's a fantastic ambassador for the club and his love for Celtic is infectious. Met him a few times at various functions and being in his company brings a smile to your face. Thought The One Show feature was brilliant last night.

I'm not sure what purpose the fictional Facebook posts serve, but they're not for me.

bagforlife likes this.
  6. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Wait...is that blue laces on his shoes? :nonono:

:84:

7. celts67

Met we Jay last yr man was quality also we neice ended up being sick got craniosynostosis. just had her whole skull pieced together gutted for her man she'll be good though

8. celts67

My mum and dad said shell be ok but this is what it can cause

Craniosynostosis is a condition in which the bones in an infant's skull grow together too early, causing problems with brain growth and head shape. ... If left untreated, craniosynostosis can lead to serious complications, including: Head deformity, possibly severe and permanent. Increased pressure on the brain .

Hope to f---k shes alright .

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  9. celts67

10. celts67

Watchin that vid she better be f----g alright .

11. Aidan O’Shea

* bless, lad.

12. celts67

13. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Jay is doing his work experience at a bakers cawed the Golden Crust, so far he's made fitba cupcakes and baked some bread lol.

celts67 and charlietully like this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

THE dad of Jay Beatty has opened his heart on the Celtic superfan’s tough start to life and how discovering the Hoops changed his boy’s life.

In a new book called Celtic Minded 4, Jay’s father Martin also lifts the lid on the vile “online abuse and threats” aimed at the youngster on a daily basis since he became a household name.

The 15-year-old, from Lurgan, Co Armagh, first captured the hearts of football fans in May 2014 after his Bhoys hero Georgios Samaras plucked him from the crowd on trophy day.

Nine months later he won the SPFL Goal of the Month award for his half-time penalty at Hamilton.

The teenager, who has Down's syndrome, remains a regular fixture at Celtic Park and popular figure with Hoops stars and supporters.

He is also an official ambassador for the Celtic FC Foundation.

Martin writes: “January 2nd 2011 changed everything for Jay and started an obsession that has not faltered.

“It is something that I have never seen before.

“It is an obsession that has taken over our lives: it has changed our lives for good and unfortunately, also for bad.

“Celtic took to the field against Rangers at Ibrox and with Rangers favourites to win, up stepped Mr Samaras who scored two goals and sent my wife and I into complete delirium, with Jay sitting watching on in awe of what he was seeing on TV and what he was witnessing in our living room.

“From that day on Jay’s life changed forever. He had one focus and nothing else mattered in his life bar Celtic Football Club: and I mean it has been relentless morning, noon and night.

“I do not believe I have ever had a conversation with Jay that in some way has not been turned by him into something about Celtic: he lives and breathes it.”

Martin - who also has daughter Olivia, 21, with wife of 25 years Aine - tells how Jay spent the first seven months of his life in hospital and almost died shortly after he was born.

He said: “We knew there was a problem within the first five minutes as several doctors and nurses were attending to our Bhoy and things did not seem right.

“After an hour we asked ‘was all ok’, only to have a young doctor with tears in her eyes telling us ‘we believe your son has Down syndrome’.

“We were devastated, panic set in, certain images went through our heads: fear and worry immediately ensued.

“The doctor then followed up with ‘and he has a serious heart problem’. From that moment on Down syndrome was forgotten about as it was now a fight to save our son’s life.

“Following the ambulance with the siren on down the motorway to the RVH children’s heart hospital was the journey from *.

“The Clarke clinic became our home for the next 7 months and it was not easy.

Jay had it tough and on a number of occasions we thought we had lost him, and, after an eight-hour heart operation and through his own determination to live and everyone’s prayers, in July 2004 we were finally able to take him home for the first time.”

Nearly a decade on, Jay shot to stardom with his impromptu Parkhead appearance alongside Greek idol Samaras.

Neil Lennon - in his first spell as Celts boss - even gave the lad his title medal.

Martin writes: ”At the time I was in shock at what was happening and hearing the crowd and panicking that Jay would drop his medal on the pitch.

“At the time I was unaware that anyone had seen this moment bar those around me as I forgot about the images being shown on the large screens in the stadium and the millions that it was being beamed to around the world including Aine and Olivia who were watching with tears in their eyes back in Lurgan.

“Leaving the stadium was surreal with so many well-wishers hugging Jay with me still wondering how they all had seen it.

Getting back onto the bus and a phone call to my wife with the words: ‘you’re never going to believe what happened’ only to be told ‘we just watched it live on TV’.

“It then dawned on me what a big event it had become.”

Jay’s story made headlines across the world, as did his Goal of the Month exploits in February 2015 as the Hoops won away from home against Accies.

Martin adds: “We were just so proud of our son. Played once for Celtic and scored once.

“This lead to further awards in Barcelona, Ireland and Scotland. However, with all this kindness and love, a dark side started to raise its head and has continued since.

“Internet abuse was something that we were unaware of and never once thought that we would have to deal with.

While so much positivity was going on we started to learn of disgusting comments being made about Jay on social media.

“This was universally condemned but has continued on a daily basis ever since.

“The abuse, the threats and the language directed at Jay and our family on a near daily basis has been staggering and has had a very adverse effect on our lives.

“The comments are shocking and disgusting and have sickened hardened police officers who have had to deal with it.

Jay is an Irish Catholic Celtic supporter from Ireland who has Down syndrome.

“For some this mix is the perfect excuse to lodge a hate campaign against him which has resulted in numerous arrests and charges.

As a family we struggle daily with this as Jay is the most innocent lovable child that you could ever meet: thankfully, we have been able to shield all this from him.

“Nevertheless, as a father and husband it has been heartbreaking watching my wife and daughter reading and hearing these threats and vile abuse.

This has put a serious strain on our family life and our health. However, this is only a small minority and the love and affection that has been shown to Jay throughout the world is so humbling and overwhelming.

“The fans are the heartbeat of Celtic FC. They are fans like no other and thanks to the kindness and love of these fans and fans from other clubs it far outweighs the hatred and bile that is thrown at us.”

16. TheHappyLoss

Wee man was loving it today down at the front of the standing section

bagforlife, packybhoy and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  17. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    He puts a smile on faces and such a wee character. Credit to Martin his dad and mum. :50:

seanm and TheHappyLoss like this.
  18. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Wee Jays love of Celtic is something wonderful:50:

bagforlife and StPauli1916 like this.