1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jack Hendry

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Feb 1, 2018.

Discuss Jack Hendry in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    At least wee Naisy scored after..

The IRA likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic defender Jack Hendry has admitted that he has endured the most difficult six months of his career but expects that he will be a better player because of it.

The Scotland internationalist has been the subject of heavy criticism for his part in Celtic’s defensive frailties in high profile games but the 23-year-old has insisted that he is focused on utilising every experience, positive or negative, to become a better player.

“It has been a tough time at club level for me personally but I always think that they make you stronger as a player and as a person,” said the former Dundee defender.

“I am always looking for feedback on my performances whether that is from games or in training but I am always looking to improve.

“It has probably been the steepest learning curve of my career over the last six months. Every touch, every pass, every move gets analysed at Celtic so that is something that I have had

It is difficult. Sometimes you have to stay strong and it makes you a bigger and better person. It is not easy dealing with disappointments but that is when you have to stand tall.”

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers recently spoke of the fact that Hendry had been given more responsibility at this stage of his Parkhead career than the coaching staff would have anticipated, purely because of the injuries that have affected the defence.

Hendry, though, is eager to take a starting jersey no matter how it comes and has warned that the only background noise he pays attention to comes from his manager.

I don’t know mind being put in,” he said. “I want to be put in and I want to play in those games. If I am asked to play in a high stake game I feel I am capable of doing that and it is only going to make me better as a player. I do take confidence from playing at that level and getting that experience.

“I have talked to the manager about it but I do feel that I am ready to play in them. The only criticism I am paying any attention to comes from him and I try to take on board everything that he tells me

Celtic have what could be a definitive few weeks ahead in terms of their season. It kicks off with this weekend’s home game against Hibs and is followed by an away Europa League game against Leipzip, Celtic’s biggest rivals for the second spot in the group, and a League Cup semi-final against Hearts.

“I want to play in every game I can,” insisted Hendry. “It is a big couple of weeks coming up for the club and hopefully I have a role to play.

“Sometimes teams come and try to frustrate us at Celtic Park but I think that Hibs might come and have a go which should make for a good game. It also helps us as hopefully that will lead to a bit of space and the game opening up a bit.”

And Hendry expects that his recent experience with Scotland can offer him further pointers to take into the Europa League.

“It is fairly similar playing at international level and playing in European games for Celtic,” he said. “You know that you are playing against talented sides and each individual player has genuine quality. You know that any time there is a lack of concentration then you get punished.”

3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I've endured the most difficult 6 months of my career having to watch him at centre back.

4. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Never seen him and a big bag of * in the same room

5. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Sensational tonight

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Well done Jack.

You deserve this chance

Tommy25 likes this.
  7. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Seems to be gettin tossed into the deep end quite regulary.Hopefully he does well either way.

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic are ready to send defender Jack Hendry out on loan in the January window.

A £1.5million signing from Dundee 12 months ago, the 23-year-old has featured in 25 games for the Parkhead side, but last started in a 3-1 Europa League defeat to Red Bull Salzburg on October 4.

Signed in the same transfer window as Marvin Compper, Charly Musonda and Lewis Morgan, Hendry won his first Scotland cap in Hungary in March, and travelled with the national team to Peru and Mexico for the end-of-season tour of Latin America.

With Celtic's head of player recruitment Lee Congerton a reported target for Anderlecht after two troubled transfer windows, however, Hendry is expected to lead an exodus of fringe players leaving on loan this month.

Sunderland, Portsmouth and Bradford are among the interested clubs.

9. socbhoy

Going on loan to sunderland apparently.

10. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    :57::57:

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Loan would be the best thing for him

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

ChrisMoh likes this.
  12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Hopefully never seen in a Celtic shirt again. Complete waste of money.

13. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Kind of club that would waste money on him if he does well there. He would get eaten alive in the championship , league 1 he might cope.

Never a Celtic player.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    He'll do well there and hopefully we can punt for a good fee after..

We were way too big for him and he drowned..

15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I still think there's a player in there if he can tone down the aggression and take more risks while in possession.

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    :giggle1:

Dubliner1 and Seán Mac D like this.
  17. themouth1888

We genuinely would have been better with nobody playing at CB than him. I'm not even kidding

18. MartinoBianco

Can he bring with him

- Big Marv
    - benyu
    - Lustig
    - Boyata

?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Christmas was last week.

20. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Good luck to him.

Still young enough to learn and improve. Hopefully does that and we can sell him on.

Jeannie960 likes this.