1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Warriors!!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by cidermaster, Oct 21, 2018.

Discuss The Warriors!! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    That my most vivid memory of that film. warriors coming out to play, Ching ching

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Xatraps and cidermaster like this.
  2. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

D12's 'Fight Music' video was basically a tribute to this film.

Remember they were supposed to be doing a remake of the movie (set in LA) but I hope they leave it well alone.

cidermaster and ChrisMoh like this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Immense film..

4. Lecs

Aye I love the dialogue The Orphans leader has with Swan, brilliant.

He is never named in the movie but he goes by Sully in the PS2 game, the bit where he gets one of the gang members to go and get a newspaper article of them causing chaos to show to the Warriors is quite funny.

That scene was filmed in North Brooklyn and it's exactly how it is in the movie in 79. I'm sure there is a florist still on the go that was in the movie lol, same with a card shop, same * phone number as well I couldn't believe it.

The enclave as well where they all meet is in Riverside park in Manhattan and it's quite small. They say it's Van Cortland park in the Bronx but it's not really.

And the train station they go to for the meeting is Dyer Avenue and it's * scary. I went to a street called Whiteplains boulevard I'm sure it was and it's just all black guys crowded round playing dice and card games with brown bags over their bottles. And the train tracks going through the middle of the main road.

Scary biscuits haha.

5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Remember going tae see it in the cinema, was a double bill along with The Wanderers, great movie. :50:

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I played the game on Playstation but I've never seen the film. I'll give it a watch on my days off seeing as it's highly rated by you lot.

cidermaster likes this.
  7. Nasser

It's good but The Wanderers is better.

8. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Fair enough that is your opinion,but in my view The Warriors is different class:lol:

LV426 likes this.
  9. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    You all got me thinking ,,,,its on Amazon so starting to watch it now

10. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    * film a * is wearing the butchers apron

11. LV426 Guest

last time i was in NY(2015) we (wife and i) went down to coney island and took some photos at stillwell avenue, absolutly loved the film in the 80's, must have seen it over 70 times and always said you could stop that film at any part and i will say the next lines without fault.used to really upset the wife when it was on by saying the next line.

"you can get annotha one man" marcy when she wanted a vest.

"WHO ARE THE WARRIORS? there must be some word. I want all the warriors, i want them alive if possible if not wasted but i want them, send the word" gathering of the RIFFS.

"those lousey skinheaded *" spotting the tunbull AC's at in their bus at the train station.

"how'd you figure?" "well you come armying down here no permit no parley" first contact with the orphans.

"i only got one question, who named you leader?" ajax confronts swan after cleon has most like had a nightstick stuck half way up his *.

one of the best films ever made- fact

kramer1, Xatraps, bagforlife and 2 others like this.
  12. LV426 Guest

different but not better imo.

13. Lecs

To me the only reason they get compared to one another is their release date.

Two totally different movies. For me The Wanderers is a sort of * Grease movie with a bit of violence. Even the whole premise about the mysterious "Ducky boys" is half horror half comedic. I watched it when I was a teenager so maybe I need to revisit it as an * but I seem to remember all these comic book type characters in it. Particularly the big massive baldy Goonies looking guy.

Cracking soundtrack though, I'll certainly give it that.

14. Nasser

I think both are comic and really cheesy and unbelievable but hugely amusing with it. The Wanderers is more comic film but in a cool way, but is not seen as iconic compared to the Warriors as that was the bigger film and had more money behind it. The Warriors had the better one liners and was written better as well.

The Ducky boys are brilliant as are the Wongs, The Ducky Boys actually were a real life Irish gang but much smaller than the film portrayed and they were known for communicating in whistles; the film played on this in a funny way and made them this scary silent 5ft nothing Irish mob with huge numbers that were like Zombies who just attack in huge hordes in silence.

The racial element to the film was interesting as well, some claim it's racist but that's how it was then. and it had a kind of good message about racism that was lost to an extent where all the different racial groups joined forces to fight the Ducky Boys. The ending with the nutty dad just stealing the show at the end just attacking his own son for no reason for me it's just too funny, it reminds me of those over the top Zombies films from the late 70's-80's that are just so bad they're good.

Lecs and packybhoy like this.
  15. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    The Wanderers is equally a great film and I would say more connected than you believe. Firstly gangs, territory coming of age. Wanderers has more of a focus on teenage *. Gang patches and jackets feature heavily in both and the use of music and how it’s played is central to both movies. I actually find it difficult to split which one is my favourite. As for comic book characters, I would say Warriors has this in abundance much more than Wanderers but both set at different times in NY, so it’s only to be expected the 70s to be more diverse and colourful than 50s/60s set. I just can’t have a bad word to say about either film as both are real classics and films that were released at an important time for cinema for younger generation who were facing social deprivation and a stigma attachment as working class that these were two movies that were totally relatable. It is a big surprise that the Warriors was actually based on real life stories from early 70s NY.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  16. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Billy McNeil and Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song and The Celtic Symphony
    Couldn't agree more mate

cidermaster likes this.
  17. Dallas Cowbhoys

"You Warriors are good, real good"

"The best"

Great film

Xatraps, Lecs, LV426 and 2 others like this.
  18. Gil-Scott Heron

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    My 2nd favourite film behind Goodfellas.

* love the soundtrack too.

19. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Was going to watch the Wanderers...... BUT.......... Amazon are charging you to watch it, tried to getit on Netflix , they dont have it and i BT are blocking alot on Kodi now so cant get it bcos no stream availble for it

20. Gundog Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Only seen the version with the comic book slides between scenes and it did my nut in. Is there a remastered version without those bit as I don't believe they where n the original theatrical release.