1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR: The players have all come back fine and healthy with no injuries.”

BR: “Leigh Griffiths made the right decision. If you want to play for Scotland and a club like Celtic you have to be physically right. He wants to do himself justice on the field.”

BR: “We’re always measuring the fitness of players. It’s a constant assessment. We like to play with an intensity and the players have been brilliant

BR: “I’ve been very impressed with Hibs. They never come to sit in and defend so it should make for a fantastic game.

BR: “Neil and his staff lost important players but have replaced them with very good players. Technically they are a gifted team

BR: “These players have given me everything here. Our aims are very clear and our focus is very clear. We won’t always score 6 goals in a game but our creativity has improved.”

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    Tommy25 likes this.
  2. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Bayern Munich: 'We will not accept this coverage' says Karl-Heinz Rummenigge

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45915862

Just shows that some clubs are prepared to take on the press/media. Brendan should ask our board to make a similar statement and get the media to focus on the team performance rather than just generating headlines concerning our players/management etc

Tommy25, ChrisMoh and Rydo1888* like this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Comments on Brown and the Australia link are baffling.

5. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Tbf celtic fans themselves need to get it together,instead of buying the rags,spreading itk huns and taxi driver tales,and taking them serious.I hate all this got a text bla,bla.My mates are reliable etc

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Best man for the Job and we are lucky to have him.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR: It was always going to be a fantastic football game. I thought we were outstanding today."

BR: "Really good game of football, lots of good play from ourselves and we'll analyse the goals we gave away."

BR: "We scored four goals and hit the woodwork four times. It was a wonderful attacking performance from ourselves against a good
    @HibernianFC
    team.

BR on
    @ScottBrown8
    : "We won't know until the next couple of days. He looked like he was struggling and wanted to play on but he wasn't going to do himself or the team any favours so we'll see how he is over the next couple of days."

BR: "
    @HibernianFC
    are a very good side. They have pace in their team and it was a game we were always going to be concentrated in.

BR: "We entertained the people today. It was great for the supporters to pay to watch that, that’s what Celtic are synonymous for.

BR on
    @Leighgriff09
    : "He got injured at the start of the week and has been ill the last three days. We are hoping the combination of both are cleared up in the next week.

Tommy25 likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Someone said he had a wee dig again about the summer window! It's clearly still wrankling with him!

10. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    He was spot on with his assessment of the summer window. However it's becoming old ground thats already been dissected a million times. I think January and what business we do will be a big indication of whether Brendan will stay beyond the summer or if he has his sights set on going elsewhere at the end of the season if an opportunity comes up.

11. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Of course it rankles with him......given the success he has brought us I would be rankled too! But he needs to get over it as it is done and hopefully lessons have been learned at all levels. A lot of folk were to blame including Brendan himself and I think that he's probably acknowledged that. Whether he stays or not comes down to the clubs long term ambitions. Whatever happens we have had a poor if not interesting start to the season. We haven't been allowed to walk it and other teams are competing against us now.....just what PL and co wanted I'm sure. It makes things look more balanced but ultimately we're still operating on a higher budget from the rest and should win the league.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Did he aye.

14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I didn't know at the time that's why I said someone said it to me in the pub.

But I have since read his post match comments and yes he did and clearly it still does as it does with 99% of the support.

Tommy25 likes this.
  15. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    paper * talk the Russkies (Spartak Moscow)want Brendan, he is meant to be 6th on the list for the job . Thank * he aint first, then again its all paper *, Brendan cant even speak Russian

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  16. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Br will only be taking a new job in england... spain... or a half shout at a club in portugal.

Not a * chance hes going to russia

17. Jordan MacGregor

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Amen 100%...it petrifies me the thought of him leaving especially when the teams around us are showing signs of progression. I just hope the board have taken heed from the nonsense in the summer and will back him in January.

JC Anton likes this.
  18. Jordan MacGregor

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

I don't think the board are entirely to blame for the summer, Rodgers has admitted to 'errors' too. However, i dont believe Rodgers has been backed as much as he was originally promised, and if the board continue this, i fear he'll be off in the summer. I dont think he's in any hurry to leave but he team are left to stagnate any longer, he'll see the season out and abandon ship. That's all very negative, but i hope that we put whatever went on in the summer and push on, the board don't know how good they've got it with Rodgers - and neither do a minority of fans to be frank. Personally i'll always back Brendan and i can only hope that the board will take the same stance.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR:

@ScottBrown8
    will be out for the next 2-3 weeks with a calf strain.
    @Leighgriff09
    hasn’t returned to training yet and
    @Tom_Rogic
    hasn’t travelled. He has an issue with his knee and we’ll look at that when we’re back

BR: “We’ll see how Filip Benkovic is over the next 24 hours. We have a number of young players and other players that may have the opportunity to play and I’m looking forward to that.

BR: “It’s key we think about performing well. It’s about playing with confidence and not frightened to make mistakes.

BR: “We are going to be playing against a top team but we have to show our way and our method of play. When we do that, we know, we can cause problems.”

BR: “It’s pretty clear they are a very good side. The next two games are going to be very important. To have the opportunity to take a result from the game, we need to perform at a high level. We know how to do that and we’ve brought our form back into the game.”

BR: “For us, it’s about starting the game well and being consistent in the performance. We know we have to defend well.

BR: “We come here with confidence. Our last couple of performances domestically have been very good. The speed of our game is returning.”

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member