1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] FC Salzburg v Celtic EL-Thurs 4th October 2018 Kick Off 17:55, Result... 3-1

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Sep 30, 2018.

Discuss FC Salzburg v Celtic EL-Thurs 4th October 2018 Kick Off 17:55, Result... 3-1 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. aliceinsound

I'm assuming you meant it would strenghten our resolve? If so can't blame our league for last night, the austrian league isn't any better than ours, salzburg are running away with it and rangers beats rapid vienna last night.

I think the whole narrative of we aren't being challenged every week or can't "step up" to europe is a weak excuse to be honest.

2. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    To be honest we didn’t defend great in the first half either, we rode our luck and the second half was very much a continuation of how the first half ended.

What did change in the second half was that our ball retention went to * - it wasn’t great in the first half either but we did at least take the sting out of the game on ocassion. Second half we didn’t and we paid the price for it.

3. dmac

The defending starts from the front if we don't have the ball but we don't seem to be able to do that in Europe. When we don't have the ball the team should be setting up a certain way to nullify the the opposition getting crosses into the box it doesn't happen and we.need to hold onto the ball when we get it

4. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Well that went pretty much as I expected it to in the end sadly. I had feared we might get a real doing which thankfully did not happen so hopefully no dint in our confidence heading into Sundays game in Perth. The key turning point for me was not getting the second goal just before half time. It was the right call Edouard was slightly offside but we needed that second goal. I remember thinking all half that getting the early goal was great but we would need a second to halve a shot at getting a result and sadly that proved to be true.

5. Eazey

Deffo watch it. Get an informed and come back to me pal.

6. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

yeah i meant it would strenthen our resolve, basically playing against teams all the time not a million miles off of our own standard would sharpen the players and the team up and they would be more confident and have less of an inferiority complex when playing european teams

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018