1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The January Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Sep 22, 2018.

Discuss The January Transfer Window in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

After two horrendous windows and a really tepid start to the season by our standards, my mind is already drifting towards the Jan window.

With Boyata likely to sign a pre-contract or leave in Jan and Benkovic only here until the summer. We need to strengthen at CB with at least one, ideally two players.

We also require a 3rd striker.

A RB who can get defend and attack with vigour.

As well as punting some of the surplus, the likes of Allan, Hayes and Kouassi.

We also need a long term replacement for Gordon and Broonie in this window or next.

Big window for everyone at the club from the top, Congerton and BR.

We have the cash it’s time to back Brendan properly and you can’t help but feel it’s a make or break window if we have ambitions to keep Brendan as our manager.

Where do you think we need to strengthen?

Artorias likes this.
  2. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Everywhere needs work.
    In Jan I'd maybe look for one centre half but mostly focus on attacking options, a striker and an attacking mid. Just to give us that extra impetus for the second half of the season. The rest of the squad can look after itself till summer.
    Massive work then required next summer.
    A keeper is needed, so to a right full.
    Next summer both Gamboa and Izzy go. So back up full backs need to be identified.
    At least 2 centre halfs needed. Boyata and Benkovic are off in the summer which leaves Hendry Ajer & Jozo. Probably be nice to have one in by Jan.
    Then there's big earners, Sinclair out of form & Compper needs dumping.
    The squad players need a shake up. You could look at 3-4 of them to be replaced. Hayes, Kouassi, Ralston, Allen, Christie out of contract, Bitton.
    Ntcham and Eddy will have been here 2 years next summer. There's a real possibility they both might want a move. After what happened with Dembele we should be either prepared for it or outright refuse them as they're under contract.

There has to be six or seven players outside the UK market that we could get in on pre contract or reasonable money, say total 25 mill. That would fit Brendans style and be upgrades on what we have. Has to be.
    Either way our recruitment and scouting department need to step up. They owe us two massive transfer windows.

JC Anton likes this.
  3. Sentinel

Sorry to break it to you guys, but the board and everyone involved with our transfers are grossly incompetent arseholes who only seem to care about their own bonuses. I won't dare to believe we will do anything of note until I actually see it happen and even if somehow we do, there will be caveats attached.

Gabriel, oh bhoy, freitassen and 3 others like this.
  4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Seem to say it every window, but this really is our most important window for years..

If we don’t get the investment needed, we should force change at the club. As the fans are being take for a ride.

5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    This window will be our most important in years. This doesn't mean we'll get the players we want, but we need, at least
    • 2 new right backs - it's clear rodgers does not rate gamboa, and lustig is past it, so we need 2 at least
    • 1 new CB - Boyata will probably be gone during this window so we need to replace him, i'd prefer two but thats already asking too much of the board
    • A new CM - preferably an attacking one. We need another armstrong at the club, no idea if mcginn was that play but either way it should be looked at
    • A new ST - Obvious one
    It's going to be a very interesting window, we cannot go out of it having not fixed at least 2 of the above.

Artorias and JC Anton like this.
  6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Not even getting my hopes up by talking about what I want.

There is no chance of us signing 4 or 5 quality first team additions mid-way through the season. Which is what I believe we need.

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

We need a few quality players. We’ll probably get a young striker in on loan and a centre half if Boyata leaves.

Artorias likes this.
  8. Jeremie Frimpong

I think that we need to replace half a dozen players during the winter transfer window (out of necessity) and half a dozen players in the summer transfer window (if we want to improve):

Goalkeeper (Gordon)
    Bain

Right-back (Lustig)
    Right-back (Gamboa)
    Centre-half (Boyata)
    Ajer
    Centre-half (Benković)
    Centre-half (Šimunović)
    Left-back (Izaguirre)
    Tierney

Ntcham

Central midfielder (Armstrong)
    Brown
    Mulumbu
    McGregor

Central midfielder (Eboué)

Forrest

Right-winger (Roberts)
    Rogić
    Morgan

Left-winger (Sinclair)
    Johnston

Griffiths
    Striker (Dembélé)
    Édouard

We need to clear out the deadwood too:

De Vries
    Ralston
    Hendry
    Compper
    Miller
    Allan
    Bitton
    Benyu
    Christie
    Hayes

JC Anton likes this.
  9. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I dont think there will be anyone brought in , then again if Compper gets fit , he will be like a new signing.

:fear:

10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Commper ain't getting fit I drive for supermarket chain who deliver to him and his Mrs she says she loves it here and doesn't see him upto much as he is always injured stay out in Bishopton

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

11. Lewis Kerr

We won’t do anything in January, the Celtic way

freitassen likes this.
  12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The real business should've been done in the summer.

green-yin and The IRA like this.
  13. Grace

Genuinely forgot about Hayes.

14. oh bhoy

The recruitment has been shocking ,edouard was a good signing,ntcham ,another Roberts loan the year before ,dembele, Sinclair maybe toure the year before ,six good players in five transfer windows and three of them are no longer here and one is badly out of form .
    The rest of the players signed haven't been good enough to improve the team regardless of the high hopes people have had for Morgan or arzani
    The foward line was the only area we didn't need strengthening then we sold dembele
    Gk,rb,2xcb,cm,lw,rw,st
    The more we stand still the weaker we are getting the annual report is fooling nobody

15. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    We need probably 5-6 new, quality players in. We also need to offload about 10 players.

We’ll be lucky to see 2 additions and 2 guys sent out on loan.

16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Nothing in January bar loan or 2 because Brendan won't be here next season.

17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Possibly..

18. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    We will be back to square one, like th OP said Boyata will sign a pre contract the young lad on loan from Leicester will go back, we still need a right back, we haven’t replaced Armstrong and if I’m honest I don’t see that young lad from city making the impact Paddy did, and Moussa hasn’t been replaced.

For me that’s 6 positions we need to be looking at.

Add Gordon to that list it’s 7 players.

If I’m honest we will get maybe 1 or 2 players if that and we will be * come next summer.

19. Eastend boy

the season has barely started,I’d rather wait until round about December to see how the league is shaping up before even talking about that window.
    After the shambles of the summer transfer window i don’t hold out much hope of the board sanctioning wholesale changes or investment in the squad regardless of what we or the manager want ,we all know what is required but unless it is all going * up in regards to league positions in that time frame the board don’t seem too bothered because the figures from the accounts show we are way above anything else in the league,so unless we’re not in the running for the league i don’t believe anything will change,that just seems to be how this board are operating and it’s not going to change any time soon in my opinion,as sad as that is.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We tried..

January's a tough window..

We won't just buy for the sake of it..

Quality over quantity..

Seán Mac D likes this.