1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic FC v Rosenborg BK, UEFA Europa League, Thursday 20th Sept KO 8pm, Result....1-0

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JML67, Sep 14, 2018.

Discuss Celtic FC v Rosenborg BK, UEFA Europa League, Thursday 20th Sept KO 8pm, Result....1-0 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Maestro 08

Exactly which makes me think it's not personal. He just rates Lustig higher which is worrying. I don't think we've even looked at strengthening the RB position since BR has been here despite the clamour amongst the fans. It's an area that clearly needs addressed. Lustig does not want to come forward which hampers our attacking play and let's be honest he ain't too hot going the other way either.

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Whatever the underlying reason is, it needs resolved. Our play has been affected longer than it should have.

Brendan is a smart guy and he's meticulous in his analysis, I just can't see how he thinks Lustig gives us more than Gamboa. He was picked for Partick Thistle away, had 2 good assists in an all round good performance....then gets dropped. It's completely bizarre.

Ultimately Rodgers will be held accountable for his decisions. Continue to pick Lustig and he will cost us, that's abundantly clear.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He definitely is, although Boyata is playing out his skin. I’ve just heard it all before with the “strolled it” patter. Next game he’s falling over the ball.

4. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Agreed. Can work t'other way though. First month with us and Dembele couldn't even * walk.

MacEwan likes this.
  5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

That’s very true as well. Knee * judgements.

6. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    If he was £13m during the summer surely he would be at least £15m in January with * knows what salary. I think we should be looking to get at least 2 players with that money.

7. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    image.jpg

Cheers Rosenborg dont call us we will call you.

8. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    * pistols .. maybe before your time

9. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I would mostly agree with that. In fairness I think we were slow at times in the game in the final third and it took us 30 minutes or so to get going as a force in the game at all. But after that without being brilliant we did dominate the game and did create some good chances against a very well organized Rosenborg backline. No question we fully deserved the win as Rogic had 2 good chances earlier, Johnson missed a really good chance while Edouard saw a shot touched onto the post after Rogic's first shot was well saved. While on the other side they never threatened us at all. Benkovic looks a real player and was superb as was Tierney. So certainly no great performance but a decent professional one all the same and hopefully now we can build on this and really get going and onto some form in the coming weeks. Griffiths getting the winner was big too. Hopefully he starts Sunday and goes on a run of goals himself.

JC Anton likes this.
  10. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    It was like many a game we face domestically 2 defensive mids from them and just playing 10 at the back offering little threat going forward / scared to open up.. we dictate play and play the football controlling the game. like against huns,killie,st mirren etc. no different , we need to up the tempo though too pedestrian at times and rise beyond it making our chances count.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  11. BRANISLAV ST

Eire, do You know what happened to old guys, like Dougal?

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

* me, the crackpots are out in force this weather.

13. BRANISLAV ST

Cause I was here years ago.

14. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I was here next year

StPauli1916 likes this.
  15. BRANISLAV ST

Which year exactly? I'll be on this thread tomorrow.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

1940 Bro.

17. Eastend boy

In the space of a couple of games,the guy has shown in my opinion,he’s what we need at the centre of our defence ,if it takes 13 million and a salary he’s willing to accept at us then why not try to get him.
    What two players are we going to get to fill one position,when if we could entice him to sign on for a few seasons it would pay for itself in terms of helping to qualifying for the champions league and possible profit in a few years time,he’s still young enough that even if it doesn’t work out for us we could still break even with a transfer fee if we had to sell him on.
    I know it won’t happen but if we could speculate on the team he’s the type of player that we could build our defence around.
    With a solid defence Brendan,if he’s still here,could then concentrate on rebuilding the rest of the team ,as what he has just now is basically Ronnies players who he has worked wonders with,but should be allowed to fashion and mould a team of his own players and see where we go from there.
    I would rather be a glass half full than a glass half empty type of supporter and back the manager in what he’s trying to achieve.

18. BRANISLAV ST

Right. Who's been here from 2007. to 2009. ?

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

No * this is a new site.