1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic plc Annual Report 2018

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Cbhoy67, Sep 19, 2018.

Discuss Celtic plc Annual Report 2018 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    No really it will probably go up lol, Dembele sold, wagebill probably collapsing as about £12million of CL bonuses won't be paid and EL money is a good bit higher than it normally is unless the EL bonuses are high as well but they're probably not, season ticket sales up, Home Cup Ticket Scheme up.

Unless we spend a lot of money in January or the start of the summer we'll probably end the season with more money than we had again.

LectersLuncheon and scomur1888 like this.
  2. Cbhoy67

So we brought in £102m and have about £50m in the bank just now including the Dembele money.

3. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Aye and we can’t sign a couple of centre half’s a right back and pay that wee bit extra to get McGinn...... not have time to replace Moussa........

4. scomur1888

So even without champions league money in next season's account but the £10m Europa league cash and 20mil Dembele cash and we will be about the same this year,unreal!!

I'm hoping we splash some serious cash in January!!

5. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    They tried to be sneaky as well, every other year they always only mention "Net Cash in Bank" this year they have changed the wording to it to "net funding position of £27.0m (2017: £13.4m) when adjusted for debt and debt like items".

Debt and Debt like items :56::57: basically they have just added other money we owe into that for some reason that they never do any other year so it looks like we have less money than we do.

In reality in the accounts we owe the Bank £6.55m and we have £42.56million in cash in the bank.

6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Profit on disposal of intangible assets (16,454)

Thats how much more we got for the players that left between 1st July 2017 and 30th June 2018 than we paid for them.

The only players of note who left were Janko, GMS, Izaguirre, Armstrong, Ciftci and Sviatchenko plus the additional Van Dijk money. If Armstrong cost £2million, Sviatchenko cost £1.5million, Janko £450k, GMS about £250k and Izzy about £650k and Ciftci cost £1.5million then we brought in about £23million for those players - Ciftci was paid off so he added nothing to it.

Sviatchenko £1million? Izaguirre £1million?, Armstrong £8million?, Janko £2million? so Van Dijk must have brought in an additional £11million, either that or Armstrong went for about £10/11million.

Given we know Sviatchenko, Izzy and Janko didnt go for that much £19million(ish) of the money came from Armstrong and the bonus Van Dijk money.

We know as well that Van Dijk went for about £13.5million initially and given they said Dembele was a record sale then either they are only counting the intial sale or Van Dijk is probably the record sale having brought in around £23.5million - unless Dembele has went for more than that.

If we assume paper talk is sort for true, if Van Dijk went for £75million, 15% of that is £11.25million that would fit in as us getting £11.25million for Van Dijk and £7.75million for Armstrong.

Bringing Van Dijk's total sale to £24.75million.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    M.E.T.H.O.D MAN likes this.
  7. Mr. Slippyfist

Is it just me who really couldn't give a * about any of this stuff?

8. Cbhoy67

These figures are only upto 30th June.

Dembele was only sold a few weeks ago so those figures won’t be in there. Not sure if anyone can work out how much we paid for Edouard? Rumoured £8-9m

The full report in pdf hasn’t been published yet (this is the one that includes details on Season ticket sales etc) I’d imagine the more detailed report will be released in the next couple of days.

9. Cbhoy67

You don’t give a * about how our club is run? You just turn up, watch the football and go home?

Sorry, but a lot of us do care about how our football club is run. If it’s healthy or not, how much we are making and what we are spending our money on etc etc.

It also lets us know where we stand in today’s market. We are often said to be comparable to English championship clubs revenue wise but at £102m, not a hope in * are any of them earning anywhere near that (other than 1st year parachute payments from relegated EPL clubs).

littlekennie likes this.
  10. Mr. Slippyfist

Precisely.

I'm a Celtic fan, no a kiddie-on accountant.

StPauli1916 and littlekennie like this.
  11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Nice set of figures need to wait on the full report to see where the bonuses and Payments for players etc are and have came from but if it was £4.272m for ntcham, Roberts, edouard (loan) and benyu in the interim then reports of a £9m fee for Eddie and a musonda and Compper must be accurate

12. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Yet we don't bother spending it on positions of need.

13. Bonobhoy

When we are constantly getting * over,year after year over players,i can see why people dont give a * about accounts

14. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Labour expenditure rising by 14% indicates that some hefty contract extensions/signing on fees for those extending their contracts have been paid, then the bonuses paid for winning another treble as well wont have been cheap. If a 3rd treble is achieved I wonder what that figure will be. I suppose it is an investment in the squad although it's not as sexy as a shinny new CB/RB. I would imagine it's safe to say there won't be another 14% rise in this figure next season otherwise we will have parity with income, virtually. (off the top of my head). Unless that is what the cash in the bank is earmarked for , to cover a season or two of no CL jackpot money, while we continue to spend what we are doing on labour costs, with rises. If that is the case then they are gambling.

15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Bankier saying we need to have football success aswell as shareholder value - ya snakey wee * good dividends for the board and bonuses ya *

16. Murph-E

Dembele and Armstrong were amongst our top earners, and both left without a replacement as well, remember.

All well and good saying "yeah, remember to include wages and bonuses!" when it comes to signings, but the same applies to selling players.

AwesomeCaz likes this.
  17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Their * on money that they shouldn't be that are not even in the playing squad

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    From a domestic point of view its good to know we are the club in the country to have good resources especially in Jan if they choose to spend. Which they should do as it will be tighter this year

19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Sittin 5 points behind the smelly farts, those are the only figures i'm looking at right now.

Peej, Fully87, Xatraps and 2 others like this.
  20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Ovb it's frustrating that we haven't seen investment but regardless it is impressive results considering we ply our trade in a country of a 5 million population