1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Cbhoy67

Rewind a year ago to the Stuart Armstrong saga, he clearly wanted away from Celtic and then signed a miserable 12 month extension. This year he leaves having never found the form that he had in the invincible season. Was he giving 100% over the last 12 months? Certainly didn't seem like it.

If the EPL is your aim, the club gets an offer and then the club blocks that from happening then of course you are going to be pi**ed off. The same way each of us would be pi**ed off if our current employers blocked/impeded a move to another employer on double/treble the salary. These days a very small proportion of football players have loyalties to a club.

Armstrong never refused to play of course but he wasn't in my opinion giving 110% to the club either. Yet we still chanted his song every game.

We will see what happens this week with Boyata, only 4 more days to go in this window. Personally, I think we need to cash in on him now before letting him go away on a freebie next year.

2. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Making any comparison null and void

ynwa1987, Gyp Rosetti and StPauli1916 like this.
  3. daschoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    caldwell, hinkel
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    So with a year left on their contracts one signs a one year extension meaning we got 7 million for him rather than nothing while the other refused to play in a European qualifier. Not really the same.

JML67 and Twisty like this.
  4. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Hopefully I'll make a second game this season but who knows. As currently a 1 game * if I were there yesterday I'm not sure how I'd have reacted. I probably would have boo'd him with one hand and clapped him with the other in between my prawn sandwich bites.
    Or maybe it might have riled me enough to forego my prawns and just sadly shake my head at the ludicrous situation we've found ourselves in. Celt v Celt in a situation not of our doing.
    Although it was nice to see our club captain run to him with a large smile on his face, clearly the financial bonus he'd lost having not qualified for the champions lge playoffs hasn't affected him too badly.
    I would have thought his love for the club would have manifested itself in a quite different manner. For example if I were to run towards Mr Boyata I would not have a smile on my face. Furthermore if I lept upon him..... well let's just leave that to our imagination.
    Anyway, I'm sad. First time in years I've felt physically unwell thinking on Celtic. I'm disappointed in my club, from players to management to boardroom. On the back of another treble and we should be so far beyond domestic and in champions league group stages. And we're not.
    There's still time to turn it. But then again, I'm a one game *. What do I know.

5. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    Fans who were cheering him at every breath he took are an absolute embarrassment to the human race, infact people I do not want to even associate myself with. As I said in another post if this was happening with Sevco it would go down as another episode in their ''banter years'' and everyone would be rightfully taking the *.

The club has been a shambles these last few months, sad to see half the support yesterday turning the same way. Utterly pathetic

liammcdowell and StPauli1916 like this.
  6. James Gold Member Gold Member

You get people who will go once a season and it will be the only time they'll watch us that season but they have to constantly be the loudest voice and preach to everyone around them. This guy on Saturday was getting pelters from all angles and all he would say was "He's got a Celtic jersey on" Which is Birthday card pish but was the only answer he had.

Also you can't clap with one hand :101:

Xatraps likes this.
  7. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    You can * off to ibrox. I don't blame the fans around me for booing boyata but I clapped as I'm there to support my team, it would take one of our players to join the lodge for me to boo him

8. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    Good for you, give yourself a big pat on the back for being such a good supporter.

He spat on the face on every Celtic supporter, gets paid a hefty sum of money a week and refuses to play. Wish I was in a position in my work I could do that and get welcomed back with open arms.

Sickening and embarrassing he is back in the squad.

9. M 67

Bigot

Twisty, bagforlife and Seán Mac D like this.
  10. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    happily so when it comes to the orange lodge

bagforlife likes this.
  11. M 67

Fair. Bizarre why you’re telling people to * off to the asbestos dome though for booing a player who downed tools and let everyone down.

12. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the clue is supporter, if our whole team have welcomed him back and they actually know what's going on who the * are you to decide he shouldn't be here, he's been a * and won't be the last and if you got offered a job at 3 times the salary it'd turn your head

13. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Ah I knew what you were getting at. This whole situation is mental. Threads getting bogged down all over the place with people arguing. Right now I'm more annoyed at what it's doing to the support rather than thinking on the rights and wrongs of it.
    I'm off to practice my one hand clap.

James likes this.
  14. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    was him that likened supporters who clapped boyata as huns I just returned the favour

15. seanm

spot on .HH.

16. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    If you support the team and clap Boyata then why not clap the others who give their all for the team and don't pick and chose the matches they play. It seems to be an accolade for those who decide they couldn't be arsed playing certain games over those who play when their picked

Twisty, Gyp Rosetti and StPauli1916 like this.
  17. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

He didn't though,just (correctly) stated that we'd all be taking the * out of hunco if they were faced with a similar disloyal traitor backstabbing coward situation like we have with Boyata.

Yoshi likes this.
  18. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    Well that isn't true though is it? I clearly did not say that, infact not even close.

Do yourself a favour and read what I actually wrote before telling me to * off to Ibrox.

19. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    Turn my head maybe. But I would still try do my job professionally as best as I good, especially if my wages were funded from supporters who plough their hard earned cash into the club.

If you want to welcome him back with open arms, crack on. Have a bit of self respect though and don't applaud every pass he makes.

20. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Moaning * the lot of them.