1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Yup, I’d probably agree but at the time he was brought in we had a very strong midfield so there were no qualms about it. Looks like we aren’t getting a man in to properly replace Armstrong so bows the year dor hin to step up.

You can argue with the thought and logic behind his transfer but I don’t think he can be labled a dfailure yet.

2. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    aye you can.... for me anyway. His performance in Israel pulling us through to CL alone does me. He did more in that half season than that Belgian * whose faking it has done total!!!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    neilly1987 and littlekennie like this.
  3. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    This for me.
    There has to be 2-4 players in the 3-7 mill range that would be available and fit Rodgers style outwith the English market. Someone isn't doing their job right if we don't have a list of such players.

StPauli1916 and The67Sound like this.
  4. The67Sound

It's almost impossible to replace seasoned players with young potential and not miss a beat - you end up regressing for a season or two. Seems like that's what's happening at the moment. The board also seem to cut back when we have a few successful years (thinking of Lenny's final year as well as now, Strachan's as well maybe). I think this is short term thinking tbh.

5. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I would say he is currently in the grey area in between.
    He has threatened to break into the team, but he hasnt.

From his last showing against Hearts, I dont think he can be played alongside Brown.

My concern with Kouassi is that he doesnt bring enough. Decent at tackling but doesnt run with the ball and seems to have a fairly basic range of passing.

Thats not to say he cant be an effective player, but when you look at what another player could offer in his place...

6. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

He needs to find a starting 11 and keep to it, this changing 4/5 players nearly every game is worrying.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR: “It was a good result but not a very good performance. We were too passive. I know we made lots of changes and gave lots of other players chances but the objective was to get through and get to the quarter finals.

BR: “I’ve always been about the performances as well as the result. Our pressing and intensity in the game wasn’t at a good enough level today.”

BR: “We got into a hole at 1-1 but turned the tempo of the game up a bit and got two very good goals. Performance wise we need to be much better.”

BR: “Cristian did great. He comes in and had great forward running and great delivery on the cross.”

BR: “I thought Emilio was worth a mention as well. After being away for so long, to come in and show that quality, that composure on the ball and of course his fitness having not played for so long was fantastic. I thought both those boys did very well.”

BR: “Over the last week or so the players have had something they’ve never had before, losing back-to-back games."

BR: “I said to them before the game, if there’s one thing you’re guaranteed in football and in life, is that there will be disappointments. That’s one sure thing. However, you get the chance to recover from that and show your personality and show what you’re about.”

BR: “I had a long chat with Dedryck the other day and we’ve created a bit of distance from what happened last week. But we’ll look at that over the course of the weekend and the beginning of next week."

BR: “Dedryck is still a Celtic player and I want to have him involved.

BR: “Everyone makes mistakes but people need a chance to redeem themselves. Of course I would like to have him involved as he’s a top-class player."

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    I hate this "We will look to strengthen, but if not"

No no no it's not a question of if not.

We simply need to strengthen.

10. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I’m hoping now he just says * defending and just all out attack every game. Play Ajer as a sweeper then everyone else attacking with 2 up top.

11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Honestly I’m all for the board taking recruitment away from him and Congerton after his comments about Boyata and strengthening.

Hope we go out and get a top DOF to overhaul the scouting. Couldn’t give a * if it upsets Brendan now to be honest.

12. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Your really choking for Brendan to * up int ye so you can have a right good moan :56:

Valhalla likes this.
  13. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mate I’ve probably defended him more than any on here the last two years but he’s doing exactly what he done at Liverpool before he left.

Under pressure and deciding to lob grenades at the board and giving mixed signals about the clubs ambition and recruitment.

We’ve needed something done about recruitment for a long time though.

Under Park we got players like Wanyama, VVD, Forster etc. But look at the amount of duds we got and wasted millions on.

We need someone top class at the very top of the scouting network to oversee it all.

neilly1987 and Doogs. like this.
  14. wd2oo3 Gold Member Gold Member

Sorry Valhalla gotta disagree a DOF is not what Celtic needs imo .

15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Glad to see someone else has same idea as me Brendan to busy with coaching to do it lawell too busy with dealing with celtic as a business to do it we need a dof to work between the too

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Rodgers doesn't want anyone unless they play for top clubs in France or are from Premier league recent signings and links prove that

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

17. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

I agree, he’s defo handled this past fortnight or so terribly. Just saying * him and stuff like that’s a bit unwarranted imo :giggle1:

We defo need a overhaul of the scouting department, 100%

neilly1987 and StPauli1916 like this.
  18. Pearse67*

Sounds like boyata is untouchable here, what the actual * is going on??!!

19. Sgt Neppers*

He probably is to a certain extent with clubs willing to shell out several million to buy him. No point in BR publicly writing him off as potential buyers might be inclined to think they get him a few million cheaper. Probably agreed between all parties to be amicable for the rest of the window and sell when a value is met.

Lawlell school of selling it sounds like.

20. joemc

Yes i agree ,which also sounds like no defender will come in untill he is sold ,meaning they are not shelling out more on defense unless we have money from a sale , (is this the problem )and why br has said "not for sale " who knows .