1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

We all worried when he came in about his ability to organise a defence and especially in Europe. For me if he can get Lustig to *, get a decent centre half and work on our * set pieces, we’ll be a decent European side.

littlekennie, Eazey and TheHappyLoss like this.
  2. Moros

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mohamed Bangura.
    This is the first real disappointment under BR and that's him into his third season so that's not bad going. In my mind, it was overdue as things very rarely go as perfectly as they were for us with winning every domestic trophy and qualifying for the CL group stages two years on the trot.

One of these two legged ties were always going to go against us as although we are generally the favourites in the majority of them, the gap in quality is never that huge therefore we were always going to come up short eventually as that's what always happens. We had it with MON and Basel, WGS and Artmedia Bratislava and NL with Braga and also with RD and Maribor.

So, this isn't anything out of the norm for Celtic. Yes, it's frustrating and gutting because it did look avoidable but * happens. We had many disappointments under MON, WGS and NL and I realise each footballing era is different but I still think it's pretty amazing that this is BR's first real disappointment as Celtic manager.

People can obviously criticise our defence and rightly so but footballing teams weakness is generally their defence. Look at the football Man City played last season yet they got papped out the Champions League because of their defending. It's all about what kind of team you want to be because your never going to get perfection. Look at Barcelona getting papped out the CL with Roma because they couldn't defend so you've got to take the good with the bad at times, because it's very rare that things go perfectly.

Under WGS and NL we were more pragmatic and that helped us in Europe but we also had a few embarrassments both in Europe and domestically with their approach. Under BR we've dominated domestically and had a few embarrassments in Europe although generally successful as getting to the group stages is success for Celtic. I do find that sad but that's the way football is with the current financial climate.

I suppose it's just down to how we respond now and whether we bring players in or what not.

Can't really be arsed writing anymore so stopping there haha.

Smithy, Eazey, M 67 and 1 other person like this.
  3. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    [​IMG] :brendy:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  4. Sgt Neppers*

We'll have agree to disagree with the parts in bold. Lustig is about 30 and very experienced, Jozo and Hendry are mid twentys. To me that is experienced enough to have a good solid grasp of the basics of defending. The only one it may relevant to is Ajer, who at 20 and a converted CB, could do with a real leader beside him to fulfil his massive potential.

5. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Jozo is 22, I think? Hendry never really got the game time a player of his age should have, so he's more like a 19 year-old. Boyata had been rotting for years at MC, and also is inexperienced for his age. He'll be off- I know, but what I'm trying to say is that we've got a green defense. Bar Lustig, I suppose.
    We need an older guy, but one that is fit to play. Plus a marquee signing of about 26 years old.

6. Richmal

Brendan is the greatest since big jock, dont forget it! Brendan is the man, just wait and see, these mother * in the media will have egg on their faces, this recent period of disappointments will end up helping us to 10 in a row, just wait, You cant win all the time, we will face challenges, but our manager has PROOVED he has what it takes, * BLESS YOU BRENDAN, FANS HAVE SHORT MEMORIES, FICKLE AND FOOLISH, BUT ITS STATS THAT COUNT, and our brilliant manager will bring more joy to us this year, you have to take the disappointments,
    Now come on Celtic, the magical Glasgow Celtic!

StPauli1916 and Jeannie960 like this.
  7. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Well said!! The enemies are out in force and we need to back our manager. We owe this man. He's getting slaughtered from all directions and it's time for the celtic fans to realise that this is the best we've had in years. I'm sickened by what I'm reading all over the place.

8. TheHappyLoss

The club has to back the manager they haven't so far

BrianC likes this.
  9. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Yeah well it would help if our own supporters stood up for him too! We've become spoiled by success. The day was going to come when it would get trickier but we are Celtic and we have the best manager in Scotland irrespective of a few hiccups. Stand by the man and see him take us to 10.

10. TheHappyLoss

Think the fans backing of Brendan is a given, a few twats on an Internet forum who probably don't even go and watch Celtic aren't worth listening to. Honestly some of the * I'd to listen to from armchair Celtic fans at work today was unreal.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Kris commons stated rangers have a better squad today guys a soup taker not one of their attacking player would make it at celtic

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

Tommy25 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  13. Mr. Slippyfist

* this fat little *.

Brain only similar in size to a godlfish with down syndrome.

Tommy25 likes this.
  14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I honestly think he comes out with this pish because it's Rodgers... Think he is quite bitter and blames Brendan for not playing him in his last season fact is he was injured by not taking care of himself properly and behaving like a model professional

Xatraps and Tommy25 like this.
  15. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    All I've read today is that the board failed to deliver the players that were on Brendan's list. Well if that list contained Gamboa, Comper, Hayes, Hendry, Musunda. Someone needs to take the pencil off him.

He clearly wanted Hayes check him out at the end of the cup final last season's. Hugging and whispering in his ear. He clearly wanted Hendry never will be a top class defender and the least said about Comper the better.

We got Eddy, Rogic on a new deal the wee fella Morgan, and last time I checked Moussa is still here. Mcginn was never gonna come to us and be a bench warmer. Absolutely nuts to think otherwise.

The board have backed him. Maybe not in the way we all hoped they would. But my points above lay blame at the managers feet.

Mr. Slippyfist likes this.
  16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    This it is pointless spending money on squad players they are happy to sit on the bench and get a pay check someone that does that... Their performances are not exactly gonna lift the side what happened to Rodgers saying he wanted a smaller squad with more youth in it to use as depth so they can get a chance.... That is the only model acceptable to free up wages for a quality first eleven and subs bench

joemc likes this.
  17. Mr. Slippyfist

Possibly, but the only gig he has at the moment is the Sky Sports one alongside that useless other fat * wae the hair plugs, Boydachenko and is fitting in with the status quo.

littlekennie likes this.
  18. JC88

We should sack Rodgers, as before him we never had the problem of cheap * being signed and never played.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  19. Dubliner1

95% of our supporters are backing the manager. The main gripe is with the board. Leicester City will be looking for a new manager very shortly. Could BR be on their Radar???

20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If the board * him off enough for him to leave, they'd be digging their own graves. The fans would be livid.

BroxBhoy94 and Bernie Bhoy like this.