1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mikael Lustig

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Mar 3, 2012.

Discuss Mikael Lustig in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    That'll be the same Barrie Mckay who was skinning KT in that fkn dreaded SF.

Lustig blocked the first shot, and it went back to the player, even last week the guy outpaced and hit an aimless ball in box, both our fullbacks are asked to come in centrally, fk knows why because we can't defend any crosses 2 against Athens and the one against Hearts.

If its actual mistakes like Thistle and Aberdeen fine, but it's hardly as regular as any other of our Defenders including KT who's been fkn criminal too, see AEK and Hearts. And that's just the last 2 games.

Centre half's are needed and that'll help. Both fbs.

2. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Gamboa is just better for a system that involves full backs pushing up. Putting Lustig at the RB slot was Brendan's mistake.

3. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Great post AK :50:

shaunbhoy67 likes this.
  4. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    In our current state he should be starting cb with gamboa rb, lustig is finished as a full back but jack Hendry shouldn't be near our squad in a month of sundays

shaunbhoy67 likes this.
  5. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Mind you I do agree in our predicament we should play him at CH.

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

We're in the middle of a transfer window and have a Europa qualifier and hopefully group stages coming up, time to get the finger out and sign an actual CB rather than try to put Lustig in.

rickyroma25 and Artorias like this.
  7. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    You'd think it would be as simple as that wouldn't you? seemingly not. Id put money on us not signijg a centre half before window shuts sadly

Aussie_Dan and Artorias like this.
  8. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    You have to use the tools you have though at this time.

I just dont think Brendan is very good when it comes to the defending side of things, his defensive signings are bordering on ridiculous.

Another backup to that is his crazy notion of players out of position, Calvin Miller once voted the best young player in the world (up for debate obviously but he's been highly regarded anyway) we try to revert him to a LB. The boy was pulled from Rangers youth who were * his development up as he was an out and out winger and not being trained properly.

I'm not even sure if I trust him to buy a defender now.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  9. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Gamboa hasn't been played because he * Rodgers(and Celtic- in Rodgers's eyes) over by playing in the gold cup with CR instead of playing qualifying rounds with Celtic(when he first signed).

shaunbhoy67 likes this.
  10. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    if evers theres a time to forgive and forget :39:

but yeah i see your point

Artorias likes this.
  11. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    He’s absolutely chronic now.

His great reputation is going to end up tarnished the more he plays this season, he’s been needing replaced for 18 months now.

Good servant but his time is way overdue.

12. Jeremie Frimpong

He needs to move on now.

13. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Naebor "celtic fan". Stupid me for supporting our players against permaraging * whose first port of call after a loss is to mindlessly slate them and call them wanks.

The * cheek of saying I hardly ever watch Celtic when you wet your pants because we lost in Europe. The entitlement smacks of a fairweather fan whose only interested in Celtic while we're doing well.

cfcturbo likes this.
  14. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Shoehorning him in at centre half would be even worse than playing him at right back.

Officer Doofy and cammy07 like this.
  15. horseshoe

I still don't understand how the manager can persist with Lustig, it seems everybody sees it but him, even domestically last season most teams had him pegged as our weak link and would get roasted by anyone with pace, Gamboa is a much better fit for this system.

16. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Yes I'm not a fan of this club because I voice my opinion when a player has been giving * performances week in week out for almost two seasons. And yes he is * for faking an injury and it's funny how all the lustig fanboys forget this. But your 'favourite player' likes to do walking off when it suits him as well so no surprise there...

The one thing people were banging on about him was the experience that he brings in big games, it really showed this year when his first two games in Europe he is part of all 3 opposition goals. I think when you see one of your right backs struggle to contain wingers from hamilton and partick thistle then it is time up.

17. cammy07

He’s never a centre half either so why would we play him there? Might aswell give him a shot in midfield too see if we can prolong the agony a few more games.

His time as a guaranteed starter is up, if gamboa isn’t going to get a chance then we need to get someone in before the window.

Personally I don’t think gamboa is the andwer either, however at the very least he deserves a chance to prove his worth. He’s been very poorly treated by Rodgers imo.

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He's pish at centre half as well. No fannying about, just get him out of the team.

celticfan01 likes this.
  19. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    I never said you weren't a Celtic fan or that Lustig is my favourite player. I just said that you're a bedwetter, a permaraging Celick da *, and that you should try actually supporting the team instead of calling our players *.

20. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    There is only so many chances you can give a certain player before you think nah you know what, this * is oan a good wage getting played to play the dream and he isn't giving 100% back whether that be for age, enjoyment for the game or other issues. People on here last season were finding any excuse under the sun as to why he wasn't playing well, even blaming his wife's depression for his poor performances- it's crazy. Should've had a nice farewell at the end of the aberdeen game and a sing song and that would have been the best thing for the club and himself. I mean at least he won't have to fake an injury away from home since there won't be too many big european opponents that we will face this season. Doesn't it worry you a bit that this season if Tierney gets injured or needs a rest we are going to be playing Izaguirre and Lustig as our fullbacks? We are going backwards and you are sitting here like this

Image removed

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2018