1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jack Hendry

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Feb 1, 2018.

Discuss Jack Hendry in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Yeah I’m sure he will, unfortunately. I don’t really like Lustig at centre half in a back 4, but I’d have him there every day of the week if it meant Hendry getting benched.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    1 of the main reason's we'll be playing Europa League football..

Officer Doofy likes this.
  3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, it’s gonna be that back line.. so so poor..

McChiellini.. likes this.
  4. cammy07

Think we have to go with a back 3 on Tuesday. That being said, a back 3 of lustig, hendry and simunovic would have a highland league striker licking his lips.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Grace

Yeah can't be nice. I'm sure he reads what people are saying about him. He must feel thousands of eyes burning into him every time he goes near the ball. On the other hand, man up.

7. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    He should be kept as a back up option for the right hand side of a back 3. Another full season and I think we’ll see a whole new side of him. The pressure on him at the minute must be immense.

TIART likes this.
  8. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He’s had a tough time of it recently in a defence that’s all over the shop - it’s hardly then ideal environment for the lad to gain confidence and develop.

Defence aside, if the team were putting the ball in the net, the pressure wouldn’t be as extreme, there would be less focus and scrutiny on him as an individual.

He can take some confidence from the fact, Lustig and Simunovic are being tore just as muchand. Now Boyata or his melon of an agent is one misquote away from him getting the * end of the stick waved at him.

Oh to be a Celtic defender right now. Incredible opportunity on Tuesday to keep the wolves from the door though.

9. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I notice he is getting it tight for seemingly laughing with Hearts players, but I don't think that's what was happening.

I'm sure he was actually having a debate with Naismith and the laughing was not actually a haha laugh if you get what I mean, sure he was debating what actually happened with Hayes.

10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Yeh the incident with naismith later on cements that for me when he half Ed naismith and the wee cretin got up laughing and trying to instigate a fight

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Debating. Lol..

After he'd been kicking * out his pal on the deck lying in agony after just coming back from a broken leg and then over him screaming in his face..

I can see the need to both be smiling and debating it..

Seán Mac D and cammy07 like this.
  12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Doesn't mean hendry should shy away from his job even Tierney had a part to play on the goal but that's more because Brendan is making him bomb up and down

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

13. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    Someone told me he was the Scottish John stones on here. He is simply not good enough.

DoTheBroony likes this.
  14. cammy07

The same guy who tried to seriously do his captain just a few months ago too. The only thing that should of been up for debate is who out of our back 4 was going to send the horrible little * 6 foot in the air.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  15. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

More like the Scottish joss stone.

Antz1888 likes this.
  16. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Quickly losing faith that he’ll ever amount to being a solid first team player for us. Really wanted him to work out but just not seeing enough notable improvement.

I don’t think he’s done as poorly as many on here have suggested, especially in Europe where I thought he had a good second game against Rosenborg. However, he’s just not near the level of quality Celtic need at the back. At his age and price tag, he needs to be much more advanced in his development, regardless of how many first team games he’s played in his career.

Would consider loaning him out.

17. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    This tuesday is his make or break game, whether that's deserved or not for such a difficult match is another question, but if he has another poor performance then his celtic career is done.

18. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    ffs here we go again

hes pish

end of

theres no "make or break time", no "new side to him" no * "needs a bit more development"

hes pish

never should have been signed and should be punted at the first opportunity to free up his wages

never in a million years will this guy make it here.

bhoy81 likes this.
  19. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I recall a similar thing happening with Callum, a lot thought he was a waste of space. Well...

Boyata at 27 years old has in my view remarkably went from bombscare to reliable in a short period

It took Rogic years to cement a first team place, ability aside, I thought he’d never finish a game. 25 years old, been with us since he was 20 and has only played 88 games in that period. We now don’t play well at all unless he features

James Forrest was done, always injured and never got going for a long enough period, now he’s fit, consistent and key.

Jack Hendry is 23, played a total 47 Pro games before joining us in January, 7 months ago. He’s played 12 games. Put it into perspective a wee bit and support the lad.

He’s had a mixed bag of performances in a defence that’s had a very poor start as a unit.

He’ll come good, I’m sure of it - before that though, the whole team need to raise levels and be stronger mentally as moral in general must be in a precarious place before this AEK game.

20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye fair points but what's his excuse for laughing with naismith after he assaulted our player?
    * him.