1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. oh bhoy

It was certainly odd when Rodgers started distancing himself from transfers a couple of weeks ago ,utterly bizarre when he hadn't a clue about the Australian guy we are supposed to be signing.
    claiming we can't sell boyata because we can't find a better player in 3weeks is * ridiculous also

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    TheHappyLoss and Liam Scales like this.
  2. themouth1888

I keep telling myself that there must be some deals going on in the background as surely to * Rodgers won't put up with lack of signings?

Liam Scales likes this.
  3. themouth1888

This he won't hang around. Why would he?

If we are happy with being top dogs in Scotland and hoping for the best in Europe then who would want be in charge?

4. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    He sounds like a frustrated man re the mcginn deal

PARKHEAD67 likes this.
  5. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Not looking particularly promising from his comments there. Not surprised either as we never seem to drive home an advantage from a position of strength, absolutely baffling sometimes. The Edouard signing was very good business but the overall net spend is close to £nil this transfer window with outgoings.

Mince.Charming and Liam Scales like this.
  6. shaun.f

gone if we dont get into the group stages.?????

7. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Brendan Rodgers highlights Celtic's need to replace quality with quality

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers says the club "still have work to do" in the transfer market after losing Stuart Armstrong and Patrick Roberts.

Though Celtic have formalised deals for Odsonne Edouard and Scott Bain, who had been on loan last season, the club have had bids for John McGinn rejected.

And the Hibernian midfielder is now a target for Aston Villa.

"We've lost players so the bare minimum we need to do is replace that," said Rodgers.

"We've lost Stuart Armstrong and we haven't got a replacement yet. Patrick Roberts has gone out and we haven't got a replacement yet. These are areas that we need to complete deals on and get that support into the team.

"Our job this year was pretty straight forward in terms of bringing players in, we only wanted players of quality."

Turning to the topic of McGinn, Rodgers admits not completing a deal for the Hibs midfielder "left the door open" for Hibs to show an interest.

"He is a player that we clearly wanted to bring here," he said Rodgers. "I was really interested in bringing him in from a few months back.

"We haven't been able to complete a deal and of course when you don't complete a deal on a player it always opens the door for other teams - a club like Aston Villa, who have clearly interest in him, who have a big history of their own, a great club with excellent facilities and now financial backing.

"So we have to wait and see on that one."

Meanwhile, Celtic have rejected a bid from Fulham for Belgium defender Dedryck Boyata.

"We don't need to sell any players," said Rodgers. "We've had two seasons now of Champions League [group stage] football and the club being on a high.

"We re-signed a player in Odsonne, which was a no-brainer, really. He was a top talent and we could see that last year so we've got one player in and, like I say, we had a few other positions where we wanted to increase the quality in our squad.

"And thus far we still have work to do on that. We're hoping that we can do that business and do that work.

"When you're a coach, you want to work with the players as quickly as you possibly can but until it's done then we have to work with the players that's here and the players here at the moment are doing very well for us."

8. dmac

Telling Lawell to get his finger out always the same won't spend unless we reach C.L. and then it's a loan deal because we couldn't get the deal over the line

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR: It’s another step up. They’re the champions of their country. That always makes them a tough opponent because they have the winning mentality. When I assess them, they look like a #UCL team.

BR: "They play a 4-4-2 system and are very, very fast on the counter attack. They have quick players at the top of the field. Over the course of the two games, it’ll be a real test for us."

BR: "When we’re at home we like to impose our game because we’re a decent side as well and we know we can give them problems. This will be a really good examination over two legs for us."

BR: "It’s a real good test for both teams. We’ve done all the work, all our preparation. We’ve analysed them closely and looked at all the details of their game. They’re very compact, very tight and difficult to play through."

BR: "The crowd will be very important for us. They really support us and they’ve shown real patience at this level over the past couple of seasons. If we can win the game and take that into the next game we’ll be very happy."

BR: "@OlivierNtcham is absolutely fine. He had some treatment and he trained yesterday as well so he’s fine."

BR: "Dedryck, not quite ready at this point but certainly come this weekend and into next week he’ll be available. He’ll have had two weeks of training and quality work. @Leighgriff09, as you seen at the weekend, was bright when he came on so he’s available."

Brendan Rodgers also revealed that the club today rejected a bid from Fulham for Dedryck Boyata.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    So he is basically admitting that the board are dragging their heels over getting in players.
    Hopefully publicly saying so will get their finger out.
    I very much doubt it.

We are sometimes a * shambles of a club. All this money and prestige and we still * about like some * penny pinching outfit.
    And we wonder why we can’t attract decent managers and/or players.

And the next * that says ‘aye but we are well run/look what happened to the huns’ I hope you pish and * yourself in the middle of Asda.

Pablo87, Xatraps, binlardas67 and 3 others like this.
  12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I find it utterly bizarre that we seem so reluctant to back him to the end.

After the success he has delivered it's an utter joke if he isn't provided with what he wants AND what we quite clearly need to improve this team.

We NEED to replace both Roberts and Armstrong and that is before you even talk about a new CB, RB and then maybe another fecking CB to replace Boyata if he goes. It's now moving into the middle of August ffs.

We still have more than enough to win the league but the Huns have definitely improved upon last season and I'm desperate for us to lay down a few markers. Not stand still again. Getting deja vu the longer this window drags.

13. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Sack the board

14. Cupid Stunt

Seems strange timing to come out with something like that. Almost seems a bit like, if we lose this, the responsibility isn't mine. I think the club are * him over the same as they have the rest of us paying fans for about ten years, but the night before a massive game is a strange time for a manager as experienced as Rodgers to start warring with the board.

15. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    The Celtic board need to help him get what he wants or he'll walk.

PARKHEAD67 and cidermaster like this.
  16. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Yes they better .ucking do just that,if they back him to the hilt which they are supposed to do then he take our Club up 2 levels,yes they .ucking better had!

PARKHEAD67 likes this.
  17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    There are no subtle hints from Brendan anymore, he is making it very clear that he's not impressed and is clearly frustrated, this is the guy who has brought in millions by way of getting us to the CL group stages for the last 2 seasons, it's imperative that the Board back him, because if they don't this will be his last season at Celtic.

Mr Shelby, cidermaster and PARKHEAD67 like this.
  18. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    That's why his comments today were so concerning for me.

I don't really rate McGinn and don't want money wasted on him. But Brendan obviously does want him and the fact that can't be delivered is astonishing.

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Disregarding my indifference to the McGinn signing, I would suggest that is the first public sign of any sort of issue between anyone leading the Club forward.

And that can’t be good, no matter how big or small. From day one Rodgers has said it will always be about the collective and everyone with a single focus.

Someone has dropped the ball with this one, be it Lawwell or Desmond or whoever it is that is making the deals. Because if it were Hibs being * that should have been communicated to the Manager and then you wouldn’t have him sitting saying he wants the player and that Villa are basically cutting our grass.

Jeremie Frimpong and The IRA like this.
  20. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    They are well known for it build up all the goodwill with the fans, get the upper hand bringing in success then stop investing in the team till it eventually goes pear shaped again.