1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Wire

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by jpr21, Dec 22, 2015.

Discuss The Wire in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

This was a good wee miniseries from the creators of The Wire and featuring a few of the actors from that series...this was out about 2 years before The Wire:

[​IMG]

2. Matt_20

I've mentioned before in this thread that the first couple of each season are a lot slower because you are trying to follow a bunch of new characters and trying to figure out where you think their storylines are going, as well as all the old ones that obviously build up as each season adds more.

Luis1967 likes this.
  3. Bunk Moreland

Season 5 is a bit of a slow burner, the McNulty storyline gets a bit far fetched imo

4. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye so I hear.

Just kinda wanna wrap it up now .

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Powered through seasons 1-3 quite quickly. Watched episode 1 of season 4 about a month ago and haven't watched since. Just got a bit sick of it tbh, but I'll pick it up again soon.

It's been excellent so far.

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Finally finished it.

One of the best TV series' I've seen. Season 4 is the pinnacle imo...it's just perfect.

Struggling to choose between The Wire and The Sopranos, in terms of what I think is the better series. Probably the former.

Saul Goodman and ChrisMoh like this.
  7. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Those 3 u mentioned are not even in the same league as the wire,the wire is the greatest show ever made.howling that u mentioned mad men in the same breath as the wire.:56:mon to *.

8. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What did you think of the end? I loved it.

There was one scene towards the very end of it where Lester tells Jimmy they’ve been caught in the interrogation room and the acting is incredible. Can’t find it on YouTube.

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye the final few episodes were fantastic. Think they wrapped it up very well. Didn't give every character a "happy ever after" ending...albeit I knew they would because that's not the type of show it is!

Yeah I know the scene you're talking about. The biggest disappointment was just the way Omar went out. I love how it was so unspectacular and realistic...but I was gutted to see him go like that.

Who was everyone's favourite character? There's that many to choose from. Bubbles and Omar are up there for me.

Artorias likes this.
  10. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I quite liked micheal,could have done well for himself outside of crime,wise beyond his years,didnt seem a bad kid.just too involved in the gangbanger lifestyle.* ruthless young guy an all,taking on the stanfields & omar.lucky omar didn't know who he was though,after that ambush in the gaff. when he walked up behind him with the gun.omar just thought he was a daft punk so didn't bother popping him.

Officer Doofy likes this.
  11. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
  12. Liam Fraser

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Best show I've watched in my young life so far. So many great characters. My personal favourite characters are Bodie, Stringer Bell, Frank Sobotka, Bubbles and Lester Freamon. Season 3 was my favorite season.

13. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Just watched the very first 3 episodes over the weekend. What a great season of TV it is.