1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Swansea vs Cardiff

Discussion in 'World Football' started by CELTICgirlSRB, Feb 27, 2012.

Discuss Swansea vs Cardiff in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I once saw a Milwall - Cardiff game, that was quite interesting. It was all about England versus Wales. Wonder if it the same applies when Milwall played Swansea.

2. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

I reckon it would be tbh, fans just love winding each other up.

It's like when we play Hearts they really delve into the huns songbook but aren't as bad against someone like Killie.

Just looking for a reaction, really.

3. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson

Haha funny. The Cork lads sure do have a chip on their shoulder about Dublin. To be fair though with some justification as there is no doubt the media in general are heavily Dublin based.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
  4. Ammanvalleyjack

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, John Hartson, Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Something Inside So Strong
    I've never been to a Swansea match (cept vs Wrexham, Newport and Cardiff) where it's not an England vs Wales thing

A lot of our prawn sandwich fans hate because we spent most of our games with anti english chants despite most of our players being England.

we sing "always * on the english side of the bridge", "Hymns and Arias", "wales wales wales" "oh engerland is full of *" amongst others.

Not so much this season although it has been on a few occasions we will chant "germany germany germany" and before that it was "portugal portugal portugal" etc.

it;s always england vs wales at every game both us the beauts down the road play in the league. the amount of english flags teams bring to our games too, they must love their little excursions into Wales.

5. Ammanvalleyjack

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
  6. kris_bhoy_1916

Shocking Swansea have 76 also, who has more fans mate Swansea or Cardiff ? And no mention of millwall surprised!!:56:

7. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think the smaller numbers are the funniest - Fulham with 4? Wigan with 10? These just like some random guys starting * and calling themselves hooligans or something?

8. kris_bhoy_1916

I think there's more of them for every club tbh they just haven't been caught yet or only warned. Either that or they have some courage to go about in small numbers :56:

9. southwales bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    never walk alone
    This happens every world cup/ euros all passports have to be handed in in all countrys as fans will travel anywhere if they think there will be trouble, i rember in late eighties and early 90s swansea fans meeting up with qpr to have a go at cardiff and this also happened last season in london

10. Ammanvalleyjack

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    :56::56:

ahhh too much funny.

4-man firms

11. BlackSatinSunrise

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    my family are all Swansea fans and I used to go to the games with my old man all the time, but a lot of the time when it's a Swansea vs Cardiff game it does seem to be Swans fans are the Rangers and Cardiff fans more like Celtic.
    I found it a bit hard to stomach the fans around me with Union Jacks (a * of a lot more Union Jacks when playing against Cardiff) and also on the days against Cardiff you'd get a small number of Anti-Catholic mumblings in the crowd, nothing major but with being a Catholic, My dad and his side of the family Welsh/Catholic and my mams Irish/Catholic I decided it wasn't my cup of tea to be sitting in the same stadium as someone that decides for just one match to dig out a Union Jack and all of a sudden hes a proud protestant for the day.
    So even though I don't want to see my local team do badly and I certainly don't care about Cardiff.
    CELTIC ARE MY TEAM and my ONLY team not just my favorite Scottish team and long gone are the days in little school when your mates say you have to have a favorite in the English top flight (I used to say Newcastle please don't tell anyone), I'm happy to wear the shirt around town and have met more people that say 'fair play to you' 'it's nice to see another fan' (these people also point out they are not Swansea fans) etc than a couple of muppets over the years that Just shout "Rangers!" out of their van at me while they drive past. So these days the only time I go to The Liberty Stadium is when I take my daughter to watch The Ospreys.
    PS I've always wanted to know what John Hartson makes of the Union Jack waving from his home team during the derby games, I've met him a few times and hes a tidy bloke, and have his autograph on a bookies slip from when I met him as a kid (just wanted to throw that in)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    StPauli1916 and Rendog like this.
  12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Don't worry, I used to tell people Liverpool were my EPL team when I was growing up.

Quite surprised to hear that about the split between Swansea and Cardiff fans.

BlackSatinSunrise likes this.
  13. BlackSatinSunrise

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    not tryna say its a huge deal but enough to make me only go to the liberty for the Ospreys

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Fair enough. I've always preferred Cardiff for no logical reason. lol

15. CymruBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    The
    * right there bud. Wales games were littered with incidents of North Wales/Swansea/Cardiff fighting amongst themselves. Wrexham fans at Wales games had to fight (with the Soul Crew) for the right to follow Wales.
    Politically, the greatest Welsh rebellions started in the North, (Llewelyn ap Gruffydd & Owain Glyndwr) & the Normans never conquered us Gogs.
    The Welsh government (The Taffia) is so South Wales centric it is shameful. Very little investment makes it past the Brecon Beacons & seven of the top ten deprived areas in Wales are in the lesser populated North, four of them in Wrexham itself, a relatively small town.
    North - Gogs.
    South - Taffs.

16. BlackSatinSunrise

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Is it true Merthyr RFC has a lot of Catholic fans? also the name on the ground looks like a version of the tri color (kind of) [​IMG]

17. BlackSatinSunrise

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    what an ugly sight

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I've always seen them as a Hunnish support..

19. Murph-E

It'll just be huns who have had to move somewhere because of work/family :56:their fanbase is entirely non-existent outside of Scotland and good old Ulster.

Rydo1888* likes this.