1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Wilson

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by MynameisEarl, May 24, 2017.

Discuss Harry Wilson in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah mate there was a statement

2. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    :56::56::57:

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC’S hopes of landing Harry Wilson have suffered a huge blow — with Liverpool set to loan him in England.

Hoops gaffer Brendan Rodgers was keen to get winger Wilson on a 12-month deal.

But it’s understood Kop boss Jurgen Klopp would prefer Wilson remained in English football if he sanctions a loan.

Wilson, 21, excelled at Hull last term, and is now being chased by around 12 Championship teams.

Celts boss Rodgers was the man who brought Welsh ace Wilson into the first-team squad at Anfield.

Hull want Wilson back on loan, after his superb form blasted them clear of a relegation dogfight.

Norwich City and West Brom are among other clubs keen to land him.

Wilson, who was also a target for new Rangers boss Steven Gerrard, has a good relationship with Rodgers from his time at Anfield.

But Klopp will have the final say on the winger’s destination, as he weighs up what is best for the starlet’s career.

Wilson is expected to sign a new Liverpool contract shortly, and will also get the chance to impress in pre-season.

Klopp will then decide to either keep Wilson in his squad or farm him out — and the Championship seems the most likely destination.

Rodgers is chasing a new winger to replace Patrick Roberts, who has returned to Manchester City after two loan spells with the Hoops.

But Celts could now be forced to look elsewhere.

4. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Other reports have suggested that Liverpool had a high amount of games played targets and high penalties if they are not met. We shouldn't be forced to play someone if they are not playing well.

5. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Scored twice for Liverpool in the first half against Chester

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    I wouldn't be trying to deal with Liverpool for obvious reasons for any of their players ,Man City etc maybe but another loan? it's not like were going to sign him leave that to gerrard and huns trying to scramble a squad together to try and compete.

Tommy25 and Rydo1888* like this.
  8. Tony.

Fav Celtic Player:
    George Connelly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA.
    Celtic watched Harry Wilson on Saturday and have reportedly made an approach to sign the Liverpool youngster on loan.

The 21-year-old, who is set to sign a new contract at Anfield as soon as this week, scored twice in Liverpool’s 7-0 win over Chester on Saturday under the watchful eye of a Celtic scout.

Goal report that Celtic “on Sunday morning contacted Liverpool to see if a deal could be structured which would take the talented winger to Glasgow”.

It’s reported that Liverpool though would prefer a loan deal in England if Jurgen Klopp decides to go down that route for Wilson.

Wilson, who only signed a contract extension in January before joining Hull City on loan, scored seven times in 14 appearances for the Tigers last season and a dozen second-tier teams are interested in taking him this season -including West Brom and Stoke.

Klopp looks set to lose Danny Ings, who will explore options away from Liverpool to get more game time, while Daniel Sturridge’s future is up in air, despite scoring twice in Saturday’s friendly win and then declaring: “This is just the beginning.”

Klopp looks set to run the rule over Wilson with friendly games with Tranmere, Bury and Blackburn all pencilled in, followed by a three-game tour of the USA.

“I am concentrating on doing well every day in training and hoping that first team opportunities will come,” said Wilson after Saturday’s game.

“The dream of mine is to play regularly for Liverpool’s first team. At the moment I am getting the chance to train at Melwood and get minutes in the friendlies and my aim is to impress the manager and stay here. If that’s not possible then we will weigh up the options and go from there.

“If you are in [Klopp’s] training squad then he’s given you the chance to impress him. I have to make sure I use that chance. Over the coming weeks I am sure we’ll sit down and see what the plans are.”

9. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Signed for Derby on season long loan

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Shame. Would have been a good signing IMO.

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.