1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Recent Mini-Series: Safe; Innocent; Deep State

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by D'Ecosse, Jun 28, 2018.

Discuss Recent Mini-Series: Safe; Innocent; Deep State in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. D'Ecosse

All three were decent, certainly worth a watch - maybe each had some little detractors

Safe - Thought the story was really good and the ending was definitely not at all telegraphed - quite the surprise really.
    The part I DIDN'T like was the lead male actor, Michael C Hall who I thought was abysmal (few other annoying characters too) - but didn't really spoil it as the overall story-line is excellent - what you would expect from Harlan Coben, having read many of his books. Sometimes I have to wonder at Producers who take a great story, generally have a pretty good ensemble cast then fill the lead with some muppet who can't act (or worse OVER-act!) Maybe fact he is an American trying to play an Englishman is what grated on me.
    The part of Sophie was played by Amanda Abbington - I recognized her from the small part she had in the Sherlock TV Series, as Mary Watson - she was excellent and helped offset the annoying Hall who plays Tom.
    There are a few side elements going on which add to the general interest and entertainment value.

Innocent - This is really, really good - once again, the ending was quite the surprise and you don't really clue in until close to the very end. So extremely well done in that regard. Acting is generally pretty good and overall I would give this a positive review with a 'should watch' rating. Angel Colby as the Cop is very good - recognized her from 'The Tunnel'.

Deep State - Drawn to this from the outset by Mark Strong being the principle actor (Rocknrolla very high on list of favourite films) - and he doesn't disappoint. Only 'annoying' actor is Joe Dempsie who again stands out for the wrong reasons (can't act!) in an otherwise excellent cast. Karima Macadams - who plays Leyla - is gorgeous, looks like a young (but sultrier) Catherine Zeta Jones - is very good in her part too. And you quickly learn to 'hate' Anastasia Griffith (Amanda Jones) and Alistair Petrie (George White) for their excellent portrayals of couple of thoroughly nasty individuals :D
    I would have to say the conclusion is little bit of disappointment, (won't give any real spoilers there) but overall, it was really good. They have already renewed for a second season so will certainly be on look out for that when it returns.

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Really enjoyed Safe. The ending definitely caught me out, which is always a positive for a "whodunnit" type show. Although I didn't like the fact
    they showed his daughter was alive and hiding next door in like the 4th episode.

Michael C Hall is absolutely fantastic in Dexter, so he's not a "muppet who can't act". However, I thought his accent was off throughout the show. Can tell a mile away that he's an American just trying to do a generic English accent. I would have rather seen Marc Warren as the lead with someone else playing his character.

3. D'Ecosse

Well however good he might have been as an American in an American show, he was pants as an Englishman in a British show :D
    100% agree with that - I though he was excellent.