1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Serie A/Italian football 17/18

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Callum McGregor, Jun 29, 2017.

Discuss Serie A/Italian football 17/18 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Looks like Hamsik is leaving Napoli. Said that he'd like to try something new, and his dad has said it's 60-40 that he'll be going to China.

Shame. Could be some rebuilding job in the summer if Hamsik, Mertens and Koulibaly all leave.

Edit: Rui Patricio is apparently having a medical with Napoli today. There's the replacement for Reina.

2. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Really hope he doesn’t leave. Would be such a waste if he went to China, still only 30 so no need to rush into a move like that imo. Still a quality player that has a lot left to offer.

Find the timing quite bizarre tbh, Napoli have just come up short in winning the league, the closest they have been for a long time. Thought that would have spurred him on to stay and try and captain them to the title.

However I have got a feeling that they really missed their chance this season. Can see Juventus strengthening and as you say Napoli could have a serious rebuilding job on their hands for next season…

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Looks like Ancelotti is about to become the new Napoli manager. Strange one considering Sarri isn't gone yet but a number of Italian sources saying the deal for Ancelotti is all but done.

I agree that they've missed their big chance...but I suppose if Carlo comes in then he could draw some big names and convince others to stay.

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Maybe he will sort out them bottling it near the end of the season.

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    ScouseHoops likes this.
  7. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I am hearing ac Milan been banned from Europe for two seasons due to financial fair play rules being broken

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk