1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Officer Doofy, Feb 10, 2015.

Discuss Marvel Cinematic Universe in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic warrior

I think superhero fatigue is setting in across all productions marvel or dc.

Dc movies are just poor attempts at * knows what, wonder woman is good but that's only because I'm fapping away to thought of Gal Gadot beating the * out of me as wonder woman.

And marvel for as much as I enjoyed the first movies the way they are really starting to lean on comedy now is off putting, like I was so hyped to see black panther as he looks * sexy but I can just imagine the comedy that will be in that movie when there is no need.

Even the Netflix shows are tough to watch now, loved daredevil first season, couldn't finish the second and I actually don't think the punisher was that great in it, enjoyed Jessica Jones, couldn't get into Luke Cage and I've not even bothered with iron fist or the defenders.

At this point I actually wouldn't mind if all productions took some time off and returned in 2022 Just to give us a breather but that won't happen.

After all I think was since last year up to 2020 there is basically some form of superhero movie out every three months, fatigue is bound to happen.

Fontaine likes this.
  2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The Killing Joke movie with Joaquin Phoenix is looking at De Niro in a supporting role.

3. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    James Gunn doing Suicide Squad 2 and Batista wants in :56:

Liam Scales likes this.
  4. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

The studios won't drop it though. The source material is there for them to keep churning out three movies. It's lazy, lazy writing (but mostly fun to watch).

Like everything else the popularity of movie genres go in circles. I'm ready for the next "thing" now.

5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I’m absolutely buzzing for Saturday to see No Way Home.

6. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Going to see spidey tonight.

Ive actually been watching quite a lot of the marvel stuff on Disney (also looking forward to starwars spin offs, enjoyed mandalorian).

Enjoyed the winter soldier and loki (the final episode was a bit out there). Hawkeye has been decent and just started watching Wandavision and was thinking *, but now around 4 or 5 episodes in and getting a feel for the story a bit.

7. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    I'm enjoying Hawkeye atm also want to see Spiderman but cant be arsed going to the pictures.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  8. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Hmmm, Spiderman. It was ok, but got way too weird.

Taz likes this.
  9. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    I've totally lost interest since endgame to be honest. The quality is on the slide for me.

Taz likes this.
  10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

That was always going to happen because they’ve pretty much got to start again with long term story telling. It’ll pick up again.

11. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Have continued to sit through each of their releases, but have to agree with @We named the dog Indiana & @dbhoy72 that it's just not been all that good, Shang Chi aside (which was good for non-Marvel reasons - and really it didn't need the MCU angle/association for it to be good in like a bit of a modern homage to Wuxia type of movies (think Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or Hero etc).

But Black Widow & Eternals have both been seriously lacklustre and the new Spiderman was just a confused mess, trying to re-do what 'Into the Spiderverse' did so, so much better. Genuinely, the last Venom movie was so much better than all of these - if it even counts as MCU.

12. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Have to say thoroughly enjoyed these Marvel mini series, just done with Hawkeye, really good.

Also watched Hail the King, Ben Kingsley plays that role brilliantly. Am going to watch that spin off movie Ten Rings.