1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Rugby Union

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Jozo The Provo, Nov 8, 2014.

Discuss Rugby Union in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    They are innocent men.

2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I know what you mean, but I’m best mates with a couple of boys who are right in that rugby lad scene. They don’t get accused of raping girls and seem so nonchalant about it. They * in pint glasses and drink it or tackle their mate through a table full of glasses in a pub. Stupid *. Not illegal *.

3. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    My * * they are. Blood all over the bedsheets, most of it photoshopped out of the pictures shown to trial in case it 'unduly influenced' the jury.

No wonder so few women report rape. The judicial system is a joke at convicting rapists and the internet is full of 'men's right' crackpots who'll loyally support the scum of the earth so long as they are good at kicking or throwing a ball.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  4. Jeremie Frimpong

When a woman alleges that she has been raped by three men, their attitude towards women must be scrutinised by the public, without question, whether they are convicted of a criminal offence or not.

The woman in question would not be the first person to suffer a miscarriage of justice, would she (and you will be well aware of that as an Irish republican)?

I imagine that your attitude towards those messages would be different if it were a female friend or relative of yours who had alleged that she had been raped by those men.

Fiferbhoy1991 likes this.
  5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Dangerous game that though.

Has to be case by case. You can’t just scrutinise someone when a woman makes a claim. That ruins men’s lives and false accusations are probably more common than we think.

I’m not saying that’s the case here, there’s enough evidence to scrutinise the character of these men and they know that.

6. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Why not? A rape victim is scrutinised in the tiniest details of their sexuality in court. If a women has ever asked for it harder when having consensual *, that is often brought up in court as if that somehow makes it more likely that she is making a false claim (how the * do judges and barristers have * if 'harder' is some bizarre taste that is alien to them)
    If a woman works in the * industry or chooses to dress 'provocatively' that is held against her.

Yet in this case the men involved joked about the woman crying hysterically as she left, laughed about her being surrounded by 'more flutes than on the Twelfth' and yet that never went against them.

People attack Sharia Law for the fact that 2 male witnesses are needed for a woman's rape allegation to be upheld but the sad fact is that when it comes to rape, the judicial system here is only marginally better. It shouldn't matter how promiscuous a woman is or was, how she dresses, what she does for a living or even if she previously consented then withdrew it as event proceeded; if you have * with a woman without her consent, or continue to have * with her after consent has been withdrawn then you are a rapist.

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Mate, I’m talking about false accusations. People who are 100% innocent of any wrong doing. Some men don’t even get to share their side of the story before their lives are ruined with the “rapist” tag, just because a women has made a claim. The “me too” movement is in full flow just now and you’re seeing accusations coming from everywhere, it’s a sad truth that some women will lie about it and innocent men should be protected just as victims should be. Women (or men) guilty of lying should be punished severely, men (or women) found guilty of rape should be locked up until the day they die.

Let me repeat myself. That isn’t the case here. There’s enough evidence to scrutinise these men. But any allegation must be taken seriously and the accused should be given annoninity until there’s enough evidence to even suggest they could be a threat, even if innocent. Once proven guilty, hang them out on the street for all to see as I couldn’t give a *.

Why are you defining a “rapist” to someone who has already condemned the men involved in this thread. You’re looking for an argument in the wrong place because we share the same views.

Side note... being scrutinised for dressing a certain way or liking it “harder” isn’t exactly the same as wrongly being labelled as a rapist.

8. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

An aside to the main themes of discussion relating to this case but the blood that was photoshopped out of the pictures was proven not be hers. Hence the photoshopping so it wouldn't influence the jury's perception, no?

9. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

'Sinead O’Carroll of thejournal.ie and Richie Sadlier are in studio to discuss the privilege of sportsmen, and their attitudes to women. Is the dressing room a breeding ground for toxic masculinity?'

For anyone who was following the case or has any interest in it, this is a really really good listen. Lots of educated discussion around areas that are rarely spoken about.

10. Aidan O’Shea

Glasgow Warriors finished top of the Pro 12 and will have a home semi final. They’ve won all of their home games this season, so will be a force to be reckoned with.

MacEwan likes this.
  11. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I reckon I've misread your post tbh. When you said scrutiny I meant scrutiny in the court of law. I'd also agree with anonymity fot the accused until found guilty

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Easily done bud, I do it all the time in here.

13. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

14. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    New Zealand 52-11 France.

Decent first hit out for the year.

15. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    New Zealand 26-13 France

Sloppy, disjointed, pedestrian performance by the ABs. Frustrating day at the office for many. France performed admirably with 14 men for the bulk of the match. Much improvement needed for the final test next week.

16. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Australia 21-26 Ireland

Good way to bounce back from last week for the Irish. Apparently their first win away to Australia since 1979.

cidermaster likes this.
  17. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Well done Ireland!! Now come on South Africa,stuff the the English and infict on them their 5th straight defeat:36:

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  18. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    5 Straight defeats for England,they are the new Old Scotland:36::36::36::36::36:

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  19. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Argentina coach has decided to quit.

20. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    New Zealand 49-14 France
    Australia 16-20 Ireland

Big series win for Ireland.