1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Magnifiseven- BT programme, Saturday 6pm

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jack Torrance, Jun 9, 2018.

Discuss Magnifiseven- BT programme, Saturday 6pm in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Excellent watch. Just love listening to Brendan talk about football. Intelligent yet humble and always respectful to other teams giving them credit when it is deserved.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  2. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    you can see Neil Lennon's heart still beats inside celtic park and that one day he will return

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Context there, do you think that point total is the reason that that season is why every Celtic fan still talks about it from Lenny’s time in charge? He totally focused (quite rightly IMO) on Europe. Which we had our beat ever showing in the Champions League due to.

4. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Lennon done a great job for us , brought in some great players and has the club at heart ..Ronny while trying his best ultimately came up short ..with Brendan taking on the mantle your talking a whole new level though also has the club at heart.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Lilac Wine likes this.
  5. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    I also don’t understand the hard time that Ronny gets regarding his fitness and healthy eating regime. It is actually beggars belief at the amount of negativity that gets on this place.

Supposedly the players diets were very poor prior to Ronny - which I could imagine. Do you really think the elite players don’t follow sound health and fitness programmes? Do you think Ronaldo has the same diet as Kris Commons? Infact, I bet you any money that Brendan Rodgers implements a solid Heath and fitness programme.

The poorer the quality of player, the less they are likely to adhere to good health and fitness regimes. That’s why your average player that plays in the Scottish Championship is seen out in the town on a Saturday night pished and on the gear.

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Isn't just on this place..

Mulgrew and our club captain are just 2 off my head who have mentioned it..

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The problem happens when that ‘healthy eating’ that you’re forcing on the players actually takes all the fitness out of them and then it shows on the pitch.

He gets stick because of what it was, the results of it, not the theory behind it.

Look at the difference in Scott Brown z that’s what proper trianing, diet and fitness can do to a playee, when you see the difference of what Ronny done to him and what Brendan has.

8. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Unfortunately, you, I or anyone else on here doesn’t know what the specifics of the fitness and health regime were. However, with all the sports scientists involved, I doubt anyone was intentionally trying to make the players less fit :92:

As with any manager that doesn’t command respect from employees, the change process is never very successful. My incline is that the players didn’t like an new, unheard of manager upsetting the applecart and they didn’t fully commit to the change in fitness and diet. Whereas if Rodgers implemented EXACTLY the same programme, I bet you it would receive a different reaction:)

Lilac Wine likes this.
  9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We do know he details, it’s been explained in detail, it was mainly keto. Was great at stripping body fat but was absolute * for stamina. The players said it themselves, they were unfit, he wasn’t inteionally making them unfit but that was the end results.

So you’re basically accusing Scott Brown of being unprofessional? I’ve never really seen any evidence of that.

Crilly, Gyp Rosetti and Lilac Wine like this.
  10. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Lenny learnt quite quickly how to compete in Europe and was very tactically astute. Some memories outside Barca, big Sammy's header in the first away win in a while on the long trip to Spartak. Commons penalty at home against them which seemed to take 5 minutes to cross the line :eek1: Lionel Stokes and James Iniesta against Karagandy. Hooper's first time finish against...*, team in red, I was even at that and can't remember ffs but it was brilliant. Broony's midfield performance against Benfica. VVD against Ajax.

Also loved Lenny catching up with the huns before they could get their excuses in when we won the league in 2012 after being 12 points behind at one stage?

Liam Scales likes this.
  11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Loved that win. 11 or 12 behind to going infront. The wind was howling, on tv its the loudest iv heard us. Was it not joe.ledley ghe main man who scored too. * yaasss!!!!

Lilac Wine likes this.
  12. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Oooft aye Mulgrew with another world class corner and Joe with the header, hair tingling atmosphere. Just had a wee YouTube reminder.

bagforlife likes this.
  13. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    “Will Celtic win 10 in a row”

“Yes. I think we have a good chance”

Ronny Deila CSC

Lilac Wine likes this.
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    8 easy as well :56:

And 9 :56:

15. Crilly Hakuhna matata

:50:
    Watching now on the laptop. Cheers

16. oh bhoy

How'd that wee rat tanner get a gig on bt sports old firm this old firm that ,aside from that was a good watch ,Lennons teams just shows that you don't have to be spunking £100 million every year to be competitive in the champions league

Rydo1888* and Crilly like this.