1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jonny Hayes

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Jun 14, 2017.

Discuss Jonny Hayes in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Would hate to see what you said about me if we met :56:

packybhoy likes this.
  2. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He was bought as a squad player really and we hadn't got Paddy back yet so it he was a plan B in case Paddy's loan fell through and we couldn't get anyone else in. Don't think he'll get a look in this season though with Morgan in and Johnston back from injury plus with possibly another winger signing.

3. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Fire him down to English Championship on loan. If he does well then who knows. He needs game time and a loan to another Scottish team is pointless.

4. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    I hope Johnny does well this coming season as he was hitting some form just prior to his leg break .

5. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    We are fighting on 4 fronts this season again with extra matches flung in due to CL being also rrans included.
    We have qualifiers to play , i think we will need Hayes for these earlier games, he is an internationlist ,he has played in Europe for us already, keep him as a squad player

Westlondonscot and aliceinsound like this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'd sell..

Would rather develop the 2 you've mentioned, as well as sign a real quality winger/playmaker..

7. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    i dont think we would should le him go, he could help young players settle in

8. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I would agree with that. He was bought as a squad player to help us deal with the massive load of games we play and he was doing that in a reasonable fashion during the first half of last season until he got injured. I would keep him with the same plan in mind for next season.

Random Review likes this.
  9. aliceinsound

keep him till january if we pans out that he isn't really needed then punt him then. different players but I do remember players like robson, mcdonald and hartley who who essentially very decent spl players who ended up scoring big goals in europe

10. Mo-Neill12

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larrson + Agathe
    Looks like we've got an owl on the loose.

M 67, aliceinsound and Murph-E like this.
  11. Bellshill Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Stuart Armstrong
    I see him as a utility player. On the left side is Morgan and Sinclair. On the Right is Forrest and I would see Christie being used as he's played their for Aberdeen and could get more chances their than midfield. Hayes has covered both Wings, Attacking Midfield and even left back. He may well be cover for those areas but would be restricted to cover or sub appearances.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    hayes actaully looks really well for a change.he looks as if hes lost a bit of weight also,looking all round healthier.could be like a new signing.

14. Murph-E

Nah, punt asap.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  15. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

And there you have it, talkceltic in a nutshell.

Xatraps, Callum McGregor and HoopyT like this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

PRE-SEASON training couldn’t come quick enough for Jonny Hayes, who admitted he is enjoying Celtic’s return to action ahead of the new season in which he hopes to play a big part in.

The Republic of Ireland internationalist saw his maiden season at Paradise cut short when he was injured in Celtic’s Boxing Day 2-0 win over Dundee at Dens Park. He was forced to spend the entire second half of the season on the sidelines, looking on as Brendan Rodgers’ side went on to clinch a historic Double Treble.

However, Hayes has fully recovered and has hit the ground running in Celtic’s pre-season training camp in Austria. Speaking at the team hotel in the Austrian countryside, Hayes reflected on his long journey back to full training.

“Two or three months ago I could have been put back into training if I were at a lesser team but you want to be spot-on coming into training here,” he told the official Celtic website. “Working over the summer was tough but the first day back out there more than made up for the hard work.

“There’s always that nagging thing in the back of your head about whether you’re going to come back. You’re never 100 per cent sure until you really get back to training.

“It’s taken a while. You need a little bit of training just to get the confidence back up. You can’t replicate training games with physio work. You can try but it’s never 100 per cent, so to get back in last week was great. Every day I get a bit more confident and I’m looking forward to playing some more football.”

The 30-year-old midfielder said his time out has only served to heighten his determination to impress the manager and become a key component of the Hoops squad.

“I’m still a bit excited, running around a little too much," he said. "It’s obviously been a long time coming. It’s been great to get back in with the boys last week. I’m enjoying every day. I don’t take it for granted and I’m excited to be back in.

“Every day feels like a reward. A lot of tough work went in with the physio and medical team. It was a long road but getting back into training feels like a reward. You want to play but the emphasis the manager has on the club, the staff is incredible and made it that bit easier. Everyone’s involved.

"At other clubs I’ve been at you would have been pushed to the side and forgotten about, but the ethos the manager has here is that everyone is in it together. Everyone knows we all work towards the one goal and because of that I felt more involved than if I had been at a different place.

“The manager was brilliant. He told me to just get myself ready, whether it takes two months, three months or six months. He told me to do what the staff told me to because they know a lot more about the injury than I did, and because of that I feel great now.”

Celtic face Alashkert of Armenia in two weeks’ time in the first round of UEFA Champions League qualification, but Hayes explained his focus is not so much on Celtic’s first competitive fixture of the season but on ensuring he is in the best position to contribute to the team if called upon.

“At the minute, the immediate goal is to get fit,” he said. “The manager’s touched on how well we’ve come back. In modern football you need to look after yourself. There’s no six or seven weeks off binge-eating. Everyone has their specific programme, and if you keep to that, you’re fine.”

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Hopefully his injury isn’t a bad one.

18. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    another waste of a milli

never good enough

like the bhoy but send him back to the sheep and cut ANOTHER loss off

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Picked up a calf injury at the weekend.