1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Craig Gordon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Dáibhí, Jul 3, 2014.

Discuss Craig Gordon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

No matter the position you play, a professional footballer should be able to pass the ball fairly comfortably.

MagnificentSeven and Murph-E like this.
  2. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Was always harsh to drop Bain for me you don't change your keeper unless he had a shocker
    Gordon proved last week he is a fantastic shot stopper but his all round game makes me nervous

John Bhoy79 and _DannyBhoy_ like this.
  3. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Kicks like a paraplegic.

MagnificentSeven likes this.
  4. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results is said to be a sign of madness. If true then Gordon must be right round the bend because this man just will not learn with his passing. Unless the opposition have retreated right back into their own half then any ball that is lofted slowly through the air to 1 of our full-backs is going to be intercepted and we're gonna be in trouble, which is what happened yesterday, not for the first or even tenth time, leading straight to Hibs opener. It was a poor decision to drop Bain and i wouldn't be surprised if the lad sees his future elsewhere now he knows Gordon is untouchable.

LectersLuncheon and Peej like this.
  5. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Even despite how good a shot stopper her can be, his kicking/passing is still a serious issue and is exposed when we play a team who are able to compete with us and press us high up the pitch.

This has been a regular occurrence now and why Rodgers has not addressed this or changed the way we play to erradicate this is concerning. Its especially prevelant in europe and it puts the team needlessly under pressure.

When your hitting a cross field pass off the deck to the head of a full back, Its just not worth the risk and he was doing that when we were chasing a goal at 2-1 down yeaterday. Infuriating.

6. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Never got a minute yesterday due to dad's taxi so haven't seen any of the match at all.....i get the drift from the last few comments though.

I've always being a big advocate of Gordon but i think even his biggest supporters have always admitted he has his limitations with our style from the back at times!! The manager is not blind and sees this too but he, like me, still thinks that he gives us a lot more (and continues to do so) than he's cost us in the past.

7. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I just dont get how he cant pass a ball 10-30 yards without * up,he's a professional and surely practices kicking/passing drills more or less every day.

8. Aidan O’Shea

His positioning for the first goal was poor, too.

9. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    The guy had a * day just like every other Celtic player on the pitch at Easter road .
    Just remember the brilliant saves at Hamden last Sunday .

10. Momo Sylla

All this he makes excellent saves doesn't make up for the fact that he's useless at kicking and commanding his box. We could easily go out and sign a lesser keeper that is an excellent shot stopper but has a poor all round game.

They're everywhere but if we want to move forward we need a more well rounded keeper. If Rodgers can't see that it's worrying and the fact that he pushed out Reina for Mignolet doesn't give me much confidence that he does.

11. john2061

yeah his kicking was poor on saturday but the defence is * shocking as well two balls in the box on saturday and two goals and last week as well against the zombies two balls into the box and gordon had to bring out two brilliant saves .
    the defence needs to be sorted in the summer and spend a bit a money on it .

freitassen likes this.
  12. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I agree...Gordon's taking pelters in here as per but it wasn't as bad as i thought when i saw it last night.....* me, he hardly kicked it out to their striker for a tap in!! My first thought was that Boyata's positioning wasn't too clever either....think that guy could have being holding a lit flare in either hand and our Derdryk would have still being none the wiser!!

13. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    The very FACT that this conversation has been ongoing for two seasons now proves hes finished

Id love to know the reasoning behind this "shot stopper" patter and how it justifies continued belief in a guy who cant command his box, cant pass, cant kick, cant organise the defense in front of him, cant protect his near post, cant read the game, and most glaring of all cant do a * thing to develop these things.

He's a jambo * who went to sevco with his begging bowl, looking a contract who couldnt keep his flithy jambo * in his pants and cost us summer harl.

"aye but hes a crackin shot stopper"

Peej likes this.
  14. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

So you're kinda on the fence then?

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  15. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    You're the only * I can see.

What a * ridiculous thing to say about Celtic player. An invincible.

And they did offer him a contract according to them... He just turned it down and chose us.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  16. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Your some craic.

17. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Now the last time someone called me a * on here I responded in kind and was banned...

so i will choose my words carefully...

firstly, wipe the * of your chin

secondly, i have to admire a man who can ignore all the faults of a player (listed above) and use the word of the sevco board as collateral to defend a sub par player... bravo. You just graduated from the level 5 school of fallacy. heres your diploma... its a signed photo of Ally cCoist sucking brown sauce of his fingers

Go back to sleep you utter *

18. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    You're almost at total odds with our managers assessment ......i know whose side i'm on!!

ps- a lot on here discussed broony for a LOT of Ronnie's last season, me included, and whether he was done or not.....so by your logic he's done too or is there a timescale for this!!

I'm big enough to admit i got that that one totally wrong but you've got some way of putting your opinion across pal......even for a place like this??

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Captain Brown likes this.
  19. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    What the utter * are you on about?

I don't even know how or need to reply to that * :56:.

Only thing I'll say is that calling someone on here a *, imo, is not as bad as calling a player who obviously gives his all for us a *. :brendy:

20. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Fs:56: